What would you trade for Lawrence?

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Common theme in this thread: Shambled Mitchers don’t want to trade up for better QB.
Nope but ive never been in shambles i just stressed the point my crappy qb choice was better than yours lol
And also i stated already id pull a ditka and trade the whole draft if needed

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What if Lawrence decides to go back to college for his senior season to avoid the Jets/Jags?

Bears bolster their OL in 2021, shed some shitty contracts, trot Foles out there for the season and win 1 game with Nagy/Pace combo. Can them both after the season. Hire new coach, new GM and boom draft Lawrence in 2022

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
What if Lawrence decides to go back to college for his senior season to avoid the Jets/Jags?

Bears bolster their OL in 2021, shed some shitty contracts, trot Foles out there for the season and win 1 game with Nagy/Pace combo. Can them both after the season. Hire new coach, new GM and boom draft Lawrence in 2022
That would be awesome except none of us would have dicks they woulda all been ripped off when nagy and pace werent fired at the end of the season

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
Has watching the Packers crush us for the last 30 years taught you nothing?

The Bears need long-term solutions at RG and RT. They may even need an upgrade at LT (debatable as to whether the starting QB is mobile or not).

There is no RB who can force defenses to respect the run. Montgomery's not the answer. At best, he is a pass-catching fullback, and to be honest, Ryan Nall is better if the Bears want a FB. Cohen was a guy who could break big plays, but he's not a feature back, and he's coming off knee surgery.

Wideouts... we have Allen Robinson, who probably won't sign an extension at this point. Anthony Miller's inconsistent. Darnell Mooney is good, and I like his work ethic. Wims is a hothead. We don't really know if Ridley's any good. Patterson's a kick returner primarily.

Tight end may be looking good with Graham and Kmet, and I'd be inclined at this point to extend Graham another couple of years.

What good is Lawrence if there's no help at RB, WR, or O-Line for him?

Trade down, get the draft capital to fill most of the holes. Get me a late first-round pick, three second-round picks, and three third-round picks, and I can not only get a good supporting cast, I can also get some youth on the D-Line and at OLB.

Which might even make life easier for Foles and/or Trubisky.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Nope but ive never been in shambles i just stressed the point my crappy qb choice was better than yours lol
And also i stated already id pull a ditka and trade the whole draft if needed
Mitch really outplayed Foles in his last 2 games huh ?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The Bears need long-term solutions at RG and RT. They may even need an upgrade at LT (debatable as to whether the starting QB is mobile or not).

There is no RB who can force defenses to respect the run. Montgomery's not the answer. At best, he is a pass-catching fullback, and to be honest, Ryan Nall is better if the Bears want a FB. Cohen was a guy who could break big plays, but he's not a feature back, and he's coming off knee surgery.

Wideouts... we have Allen Robinson, who probably won't sign an extension at this point. Anthony Miller's inconsistent. Darnell Mooney is good, and I like his work ethic. Wims is a hothead. We don't really know if Ridley's any good. Patterson's a kick returner primarily.

Tight end may be looking good with Graham and Kmet, and I'd be inclined at this point to extend Graham another couple of years.

What good is Lawrence if there's no help at RB, WR, or O-Line for him?

Trade down, get the draft capital to fill most of the holes. Get me a late first-round pick, three second-round picks, and three third-round picks, and I can not only get a good supporting cast, I can also get some youth on the D-Line and at OLB.

Which might even make life easier for Foles and/or Trubisky.

All of this shit doesn't matter if you don't have a QB! How have you not learned this? You can sit the QB for a year while you build the Oline and draft WR's and RB's. But none of it matters if you don't have the QB. Everything revolves around that.

Drafting a QB is 10-15 year solution if you get the right one yet you're acting like this is a one year fix. For fuck's sake people...... IT'S ALL ABOUT THE QB. FUCKING WHY DON'T WE KNOW THIS? SERIOUSLY!!!

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Anything they want. Two firsts, a second, and Mack is where I would start.

I don't think there is a package the Jets would take. I think even the Jets know you don't pass up on a franchise QB prospect like Lawrence, no matter what you are tempted with.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
All of this shit doesn't matter if you don't have a QB! How have you not learned this? You can sit the QB for a year while you build the Oline and draft WR's and RB's. But none of it matters if you don't have the QB. Everything revolves around that.

Drafting a QB is 10-15 year solution if you get the right one yet you're acting like this is a one year fix. For fuck's sake people...... IT'S ALL ABOUT THE QB. FUCKING WHY DON'T WE KNOW THIS? SERIOUSLY!!!

Most people here are still stuck in 1985.

Every year you punt on drafting a potential franchise QB you're just wasting your time. Bears have to do everything in their power to draft one this year.

If he sucks then good you find out faster and can move on. But if he's great like you said you could be set for 15 years.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I'd trade Remydat, hell, I'll even throw in a Grimson and HHM for good measure.

It's a steal for the Jets fanbase.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Most people here are still stuck in 1985.

Every year you punt on drafting a potential franchise QB you're just wasting your time. Bears have to do everything in their power to draft one this year.

If he sucks then good you find out faster and can move on. But if he's great like you said you could be set for 15 years.

No one that is against trading for lawrence(Which btw, isn't realistic at all), is against drafting a qb this year.

There is a difference between taking a swing at a qb, and ruining your next half decade for a qb if he doesn't develop. That's kinda the point.

If you asked this forum if they would trade up from 12 to 5 to draft Wilson, you'd probably have a resounding YES PLEASE.

First round picks are legit how you stay competitive in the nfl. By the time you get another one, if lawrence is as good as praised you would be in cap hell and a shit team anyways.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't take issue with anyone who is wanting to take a QB this year in the first round if the talent is there (and there are a handful for sure) the thing is we're about to put the cart before the horse - again - that's setting up for failure, which would be typical of the Bears because they got it wrong the previous 2/4/6 years ....
I don't see how you can't address both the line and the QB in the same offseason... get a QB that you like this year and if you haven't addressed the line completely, you still have the next draft. I don't expect the new QB to start ahead of Foles this year if the line is shit. Let Foles take those hits.

Last edited:

Weebey Brice

Formerly Caleb Williams/Weebay
Liked Posts:
No one that is against trading for lawrence(Which btw, isn't realistic at all), is against drafting a qb this year.

There is a difference between taking a swing at a qb, and ruining your next half decade for a qb if he doesn't develop. That's kinda the point.

If you asked this forum if they would trade up from 12 to 5 to draft Wilson, you'd probably have a resounding YES PLEASE.

First round picks are legit how you stay competitive in the nfl. By the time you get another one, if lawrence is as good as praised you would be in cap hell and a shit team anyways.
That’s the pussy conservative mentality that has kept the Bears where they are. I don’t care, I would continue taking a swing, if means trading 1st rounders, so be it.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
I don't take issue with anyone who is wanting to take a QB this year in the first round if the talent is there (and there are a handful for sure) the thing is we're about to put the cart before the horse - again - that's setting up for failure, which would be typical of the Bears because they got it wrong the previous 2/4/6 years ....

You can do both if you trade some pieces on defense and sign a quality offensive lineman in free agency

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Trade a bag of blow to Gase and trick him...

and jeez half of you muthafuckaz sucks...we need a facelift for the offensive line. fuck a QB. fuck it! we'll get a QB later after we drag Nagy, mitchell and foles thru the mud.

It’s like people don’t want the Bears to ever have a good qb.
I want some bodies to fucking protect my QB, If we draft another QB high now, and he gets hurts or some shit....there's gonna be a big problem.

I would give 12 top posters here, 3 quarters, my wife's cat and my favorite pair of Nike sneakers.
keep it all, we'll fix it for free.

I'd package

Fools
Leno
Pinero
Graham
Skrine Ommy, but i think we'll keep him tho, he's miserable already.
2020 1st round pick
2021 7th round pick

7 for 1

A steal for the JETS

Last edited:

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
While this OL when healthy isn’t very good, they’re way better than what we’ve been watching lately. I just think it's way easier to build a competent OL than it is to find a franchise altering QB. This will never happen anyways but i think it's silly for people to act like it doesn't matter or wouldn't even bother. Between the Bears first round picks, their high drafted TEs and Monty, would trading a kings ransom ala Redskins/RG3 really be that big of a deal? I'm not saying i would make that move but i'd certainly discuss a couple firsts and mids for Lawrence and hope he's the guy a lot of people think he is. I'm swinging big for a QB until i get it right. Tired of this.
problem is, Law doesn't want to play for jets, he sure as fuck aint gonna want to come here. not til at least we get the oline fixed then maybe we can get FA's and other players to come to chicago.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
What would you be willing to give the jets in return for their 1st pick?

Discuss..

Nothing. See who drops closer to where the Bears draft. I'd personally like to see Wilson in a Bears uniform. I think he looks good from what little I've seen, and he looks to be attainable.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Trade a bag of blow to Gase and trick him...

and jeez half of you muthafuckaz sucks...we need a facelift for the offensive line. fuck a QB. fuck it! we'll get a QB later after we drag Nagy, mitchell and foles thru the mud.

I want some bodies to fucking protect my QB, If we draft another QB high now, and he gets hurts or some shit....there's gonna be a big problem.

keep it all, we'll fix it for free.

Yeah, they need OL too, but it is possible to build a workable OL fairly quick. Regardless, the Bears need to spend every pick on offense next year. They need a QB and a new RB and a new OL. Hopefully they keep ARob. Honestly, the receiving corps looks pretty damn good. I would love, LOVE to see the Bears come away with Wilson and Etienne with their first two picks, but I'm not sure either will be there when they draft.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

major problem..if you sit qb for a year while tryin to rebuild the oline and find out that the QB sucks a year later...................
we'll be fucked for other 40 plus years.