Sports Mockery: Pagano coaching Sunday for his job

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Rodgers, as the Packer fan orphan that lives on our board tries to emphasize about 60 times a day he just doesn't throw interceptions.
You beat Rodgers by knocking him on his ass all game long. Thats how you beat Rodgers. Our defense simply doesnt put pressure on the QB. That has to change.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
@Bearly @Chicago Staleys

I liked the points that Pagano has just really disappointed and left no impression he can create pressure schematically without Mack. The defense hasn't performed well enough, even if its been competent. There is no pressure. It gets abused too often. It has major holes and flaws.

Change is needed.

And Pagano shouldn't be the only one coaching for his job, this is a huge magnitude game and we don't want it bookending a terrible decade 2010-2020 of getting owned by the Packers.

I'm fine with letting everyones heads roll on this one game.

Beat Green Bay, and maybe get a new linebackers coach like Mike Singletary or Lovie Smith, and get some fresh ideas. But even Pagano can stay.

Lose this fucking game and just fuck it all really. Nuke the whole fucking thing and make a statement that this isn't accepted here. You lose a game of that magnitude at home to Green Bay, miss the playoffs...again, get big brothered...again....

I suppose it isn't about wins and losses either. Its a football game and you have 60 minutes to earn Green Bays respect. If you go home for the year I can be happy if Green Bay learned respect over 60 minutes and you did respect to the game of football and to the name of athletic competition and competitors. There is a way to lose, but to demonstrate the love of sport and celebrate the human body and its capabilities. If you must lose to Green Bay, please just leave us inspired and entertained.

Green Bay is a good football team, so in a way the Bears have created a playoff game. This is it. Win and advance. Lose and maybe advance.

Respect the game and do football honor and you can't go wrong, maybe the Gods have an even more twisted tale to tell if we are patient.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
When one looks at the dropoff from 2018 what stands out is the drop in sacks and turnovers. Here's a news flash; Sacks help create turnovers ! Pagano is without a doubt one of the most passive D-Coordinators in the NFL. The Bears seldom blitz [ 4th from last in league ] . Blitzes can lead to a strip sack as well as off target passes because the QB is uncomfortable in the pocket. Watching the first time we played Green Bay, Pagano's strategy was to rush 3 players and play coverage. Not surprisingly Rodgers sat in the pocket for up to 6 seconds until a receiver found a hole in the coverage and he picked us apart. If he thinks that will work this time, all Bears fans are in for a huge disappointment.
Rodgers is actually a better QB against the blitz, playing coverage is actually the correct strategy.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I don't mean to dunk on Pagano. It's not all his fault.

But as a coach, you should be making your units better than the sum of their parts. I don't see that at all out of the Bears defense. They're clearly playing worse than the sum of their parts, which is inexcusable for everyone involved.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The defense played its best game against Tampa Bay, at least their most physical. Mack is obviously injured he was on the field against the jaguars for only 60 snaps. That could have been by design after the game was out of hand.

Question: I have seen a number of you suggest Jay Rogers (as well as other 'beat writers') as a possible candidate to take over. He has been with the team since 2015. But honestly, what has he done? We're all piling on ole' Chuck and rightfully so but really the only position group playing worth a damn right now are the linebackers.

Not to sound like a broken record but if we're going to fire Chuck I want Wade Phillips if he would come back to the NFL.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
@Bearly @Chicago Staleys

I liked the points that Pagano has just really disappointed and left no impression he can create pressure schematically without Mack. The defense hasn't performed well enough, even if its been competent. There is no pressure. It gets abused too often. It has major holes and flaws.

Change is needed.

And Pagano shouldn't be the only one coaching for his job, this is a huge magnitude game and we don't want it bookending a terrible decade 2010-2020 of getting owned by the Packers.

I'm fine with letting everyones heads roll on this one game.

Beat Green Bay, and maybe get a new linebackers coach like Mike Singletary or Lovie Smith, and get some fresh ideas. But even Pagano can stay.

Lose this fucking game and just fuck it all really. Nuke the whole fucking thing and make a statement that this isn't accepted here. You lose a game of that magnitude at home to Green Bay, miss the playoffs...again, get big brothered...again....

I suppose it isn't about wins and losses either. Its a football game and you have 60 minutes to earn Green Bays respect. If you go home for the year I can be happy if Green Bay learned respect over 60 minutes and you did respect to the game of football and to the name of athletic competition and competitors. There is a way to lose, but to demonstrate the love of sport and celebrate the human body and its capabilities. If you must lose to Green Bay, please just leave us inspired and entertained.

Green Bay is a good football team, so in a way the Bears have created a playoff game. This is it. Win and advance. Lose and maybe advance.

Respect the game and do football honor and you can't go wrong, maybe the Gods have an even more twisted tale to tell if we are patient.
And it's not just about winning either. Win or lose, we need to look respectable on both sides and like we belong on the same field against a top team.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I think this soft zone coverage where he’s only bringing 4 and it’s mostly about having a bunch of guys in pass coverage is the trend across the league right now. think defenses are doing this to basically shorten games and keep scoring down. Because when you look at the raw numbers offenses are still super efficient. But scoring isn’t really up. I haven’t actually looked it up so I’m just talking out of my ass, but I’d bet anything the number of possessions per game is going down.

I.e. The Bears opponent going on a 10 play 70 yard drive and kicking a field goal. You look up at your tv and see they held the ball for half a quarter. This is happening across the league. This soft zone, you can’t beat us deep and will have to walk the ball up the field stuff is the new trend defenses are using to keep scoring down. It’s what Pagano is doing. So he’s keeping scoring down. But he’s letting the opposing offense basically hold the ball all game and kill off the clock.

and the reason this is the trend is so when people claim Pagano‘s defense sucks. Chuck Pagano can say you’re wrong. Just look at the scoring defense. Thats all that matters. D coordinators are using smoke and mirrors to keep scoring down.

Last edited:

#FireEveryoneGeorge

Liked Posts:
I’m not making excuses for Pagano, because I don’t care if he’s fired, but...

How many assistant coaches are going to be fired before the Bears realize that the problem is Nagy?

You’re telling me that in 3 seasons Nagy is going to be allowed to gut the coaching staff on both sides of the ball?

When will the Bears realize that Nagy continues to make other people the scapegoat for his arrogant, incompetent dumb ass?

The guy must have dirt on someone in the organization if Pagano gets sent packing and he gets to stay.

It’s almost like Nagy is a better salesman than HC.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Wish eddie jackson, quinn, danny T, and buster skrine could be playing for their jobs too.

Those guys are the major reason our defense looks like shit this year.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I don't mean to dunk on Pagano. It's not all his fault.

But as a coach, you should be making your units better than the sum of their parts. I don't see that at all out of the Bears defense. They're clearly playing worse than the sum of their parts, which is inexcusable for everyone involved.
What kind of dunk did you throw down on Pagano? I would have gone with the between the legs 360.

Karensman

Liked Posts:
Wish eddie jackson, quinn, danny T, and buster skrine could be playing for their jobs too.

Those guys are the major reason our defense looks like shit this year.
Both Quinn & Travathan were hurt early in the year and their play has improved. Everyone expects double digit sacks out of Quinn but it's tough to record a sack when you drop back in coverage. From what I have seen E. Jackson's strength is as a ball hawk. Most teams don't try to beat the Bears deep because we give up the shorter passes. Jackson spends more time as a tackler than a defensive back. How Buster Skrine has a job in the NFL beats me. Let's hope that he won't be ready to play this week.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
Both Quinn & Travathan were hurt early in the year and their play has improved. Everyone expects double digit sacks out of Quinn but it's tough to record a sack when you drop back in coverage. From what I have seen E. Jackson's strength is as a ball hawk. Most teams don't try to beat the Bears deep because we give up the shorter passes. Jackson spends more time as a tackler than a defensive back. How Buster Skrine has a job in the NFL beats me. Let's hope that he won't be ready to play this week.
The biggest issue with EJ is his unwillingness to make a hit. He’s a SS for crissakes. Fuller is a CB and hits way harder than EJ. Yeah the lack of picks sucks, but if he was out there hitting guys and making good solid tackles it would look way better.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The biggest issue with EJ is his unwillingness to make a hit. He’s a SS for crissakes. Fuller is a CB and hits way harder than EJ. Yeah the lack of picks sucks, but if he was out there hitting guys and making good solid tackles it would look way better.

EJ is a FS. He has always had issues tackling, it was a major knock on him coming out of college. Cant change a zebra's stripes

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
EJ is a FS. He has always had issues tackling, it was a major knock on him coming out of college. Cant change a zebra's stripes
FS yes, my mistake. I thought I remembered him at least being a better tackler. Lately he seems to make a lot of “business decisions”.