Cole Kmet Milestone

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Lost in all of this Wildcard Hoopla and DM's 1000yd season, is that Cole Kmet broke the 200yd Milestone! Congrats! It only took the highly efficient Bears QB's 36 targets to do so!

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
He could be a chain mover, possibly more if they'd use him

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bit premature to think Kmet is a bust based on his rookie season. How productive did people think we was going to be splitting reps with Graham and fighting for targets with AR/Mooney?

If Kmet had 74 targets like Graham and almost 500 yards people would be blowing their loads.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Think Bears will regret not taking Claypool. Claypool as a replacement for ARob with Mooney on the other side would have been a great young WR core especially with Claypool offering more of a deep threat than ARob.

Having said that, thr Bears need get rid of Graham and give the keys to TE to Kmet to see if what we really have. I have no idea why Pace and Nagy drafted him so high, bragged about him all offseason and then used him so sparingly.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Think Bears will regret not taking Claypool. Claypool as a replacement for ARob with Mooney on the other side would have been a great young WR core especially with Claypool offering more of a deep threat than ARob.

Having said that, thr Bears need get rid of Graham and give the keys to TE to Kmet to see if what we really have. I have no idea why Pace and Nagy drafted him so high, bragged about him all offseason and then used him so sparingly.
Yeah, in hindsight, Pace really fucked up by not getting in early on last years WR class. I know he drafted Mooney is was a great find. You could name probably 8-10 rookie WRs who would have been more valuable for the team moving forward, especially if Arob leaves in FA.

That said, I'm not going to judge Kmet just yet. It's a wait and see until he is more involved in the offense. If there is one thing we have learned about Matt Nagy, it's that he is probably worst in the league at personnel usage. It took him years to realize Coward was a bum and half the season to put together a competent OL. Mustipher looks great.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I believe we can give credit to his delayed use to Nagy. And probably more to Lasor for getting him more snaps later on.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:

They are different pieces Remy. Graham is basically a receiver, always has been. Kmet is a traditional TE that is working on run blocking, and has actually improved over the season in that role. Kmet is going to work better in a play action role, which is why he is actually seeing more touches with Lazor running the offense.

You are right about Claypool. He was the better pick and selection. Not saying Kmet won't reach his draft status, but Claypool looks like a stud much earlier.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
He's being criminally underutilized.

He looks much more fluid with the ball than I thought he was with the ball in his hands.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Tight End is the hardest position to learn on offense outside of QB. Most highly drafted tight ends don't se the field much their first year.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
They are different pieces Remy. Graham is basically a receiver, always has been. Kmet is a traditional TE that is working on run blocking, and has actually improved over the season in that role. Kmet is going to work better in a play action role, which is why he is actually seeing more touches with Lazor running the offense.

You are right about Claypool. He was the better pick and selection. Not saying Kmet won't reach his draft status, but Claypool looks like a stud much earlier.

I don't understand why some don't get it but you put Claypool on this Bears team without Big Ben and the same CCS people are calling out Pace right now for drafting him over whoever else is playing well that we would of passed on cause people love hindsight. You put C.Kmet on the Steelers with Big Ben and people are calling out R.Pace for not drafting him. LOL

We needed a TE not a WR and Pace still found a good one in the 5th round with D.Mooney and hopefully got us a franchise TE for the next 10-12 years in Kmet. Was a good draft for Pace.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
If Lazor was calling plays the entire season he'd have double that. Also Mitch missed him wide open for a big gain. Mitchs deep ball accuracy is still a big issue. Even guys like Andy Dalton can consistently can hit deep balls like that if you give him protection and leave them that wide open.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

keep arob

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I still think, even after the playcalling changed, Kmet isn’t being put in the right position to succeed. The guy is a big body that punishes tacklers. Lazor would be creating mismatches, which shouldn’t be hard.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I don't understand why some don't get it but you put Claypool on this Bears team without Big Ben and the same CCS people are calling out Pace right now for drafting him. Was a good draft for Pace.

Yeah I never denied it was a good draft for Pace. I think it was very good draft just on Johnson and Mooney alone. Kmet should develop as well. Gipson looks like he has some getoff as a situation pass rusher. There are going to be 3 starters in this draft, and 3 more guys that may contribute as backups. That is excellent, especially without a 1st, 3rd or 4th round selection.

But its hard to argue, even with a QB change, that Claypool right now does not look like the superior player. No GM gets it perfect. Johnson is a better corner than guys picked ahead of him and Mooney was like the 25 WR taken overall. Pace did very well.