Is it safe to say Trubisky is a massive bust?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Calling him a bust would be insulting to all the “busts” in canton

BobInIndy

Liked Posts:
Unfortunately, MT doesn't seem to read defenses quickly. He also hasn't received the kind of coaching needed to improve his mechanics or his ability to interpret defenses.
Remember when we heard the phrase, "Chicago is where wide receivers go to die"? Well, the same can be said about QBs.
Who is the last QB that came to Chicago and improved?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Like Ryan Leaf?

Please discuss this fascinating topic.
Pretend for a second that leaf got drafted over peyton manning. He would be even a bigger bust. That is trubisky. Getting drafted over mahomes and watson. He might end up being an okay player but because of who they took him over he will be nfl's sam bowie.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Unfortunately, MT doesn't seem to read defenses quickly. He also hasn't received the kind of coaching needed to improve his mechanics or his ability to interpret defenses.
Remember when we heard the phrase, "Chicago is where wide receivers go to die"? Well, the same can be said about QBs.
It is coaching. There are numerous ex-qbs who comment on how reading defenses is a coaching issue and not a Mitch issue.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Josh Mccown 2013 :ROFLMAO:

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Not a first line QB, but he has led the bears to two play-offs! Who else have we had in the last 25 years that did that!

i wouldn’t say he led the bears to anything. The bears and their defense won in spite of him, not because of him, with the exception of the last 4 or so games of this regular season.

Liked Posts:
Here are 20 QBs that have been 1st Round Draft selections whose careers didn't result in trips to the playoffs let alone 2 trips to the playoffs. Comparing Trubisky to these guys is just someone who's extremely butt hurt speaking from the heart instead of actually stopping to think for a second.

Jim Drunkenmiller
David Klingler
Akili Smith
Cade McNown
JaMarcus Russell
Matt Leinart
Dwayne Haskins
Johnny Manziel
Brandon Weeden
Blaine Gabbert
Jake Locker
Paxton Lynch
J.P. Losman
Kyle Boller
Joey Harrington
Patrick Ramsey
Tim Couch
Ryan Leaf
Heath Shuler
Rick Mirer

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Here are 20 QBs that have been 1st Round Draft selections whose careers didn't result in trips to the playoffs let alone 2 trips to the playoffs. Comparing Trubisky to these guys is just someone who's extremely butt hurt speaking from the heart instead of actually stopping to think for a second.

Jim Drunkenmiller
David Klingler
Akili Smith
Cade McNown
JaMarcus Russell
Matt Leinart
Dwayne Haskins
Johnny Manziel
Brandon Weeden
Blaine Gabbert
Jake Locker
Paxton Lynch
J.P. Losman
Kyle Boller
Joey Harrington
Patrick Ramsey
Tim Couch
Ryan Leaf
Heath Shuler
Rick Mirer
You’re trying too hard

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
It’s so sad that the Bears get credit for being a “playoff team” in 2020, as a 7th seed, something that will never happen again.

I’m of the opinion that he’s made the playoffs in normal circumstances one time, and even in that year he wasn’t all that good.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I think it's amusing people are praising Trubisky on getting the Bears to the playoffs twice. if it weren't for the COVID Bowl this year, the Bears would be narrowly on the outside looking in just like 2008, 2011, 2012, and 2013.

just an FYI, the defense ate cock against the Green Bay Packers too. I don't think this is entirely on the quarterback when the leader of the team is a fascist dickhole BHVAASFHAFJHJ987654321.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
It’s so sad that the Bears get credit for being a “playoff team” in 2020, as a 7th seed, something that will never happen again.

I’m of the opinion that he’s made the playoffs in normal circumstances one time, and even in that year he wasn’t all that good.
Why won't it happen again? The 7th seed is going to be permanent.