Is it safe to say Trubisky is a massive bust?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
He’s a huge miss but he’s not Leaf.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
You really don't think Mitch isn't at fault for his inability to process defenses? Come on man.

I guess you can credit Mike McCarthy for all of Aaron Rodgers' success at that then, or Belichick for everything that Brady has done because that's his #1 strength.
That isn't how it works, it takes both, not just one or the other.
But most ex QB's are saying that Nagy overloaded Mitch in year 2 and it set him back. And you can permanently screw someones processing up by doing that.
Anyone who has managed people before knows if you do that you have to start all over from the beginning again and reimplement piece by piece. Which is what they are doing now in year 3 of this offense.

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
Here are 20 QBs that have been 1st Round Draft selections whose careers didn't result in trips to the playoffs let alone 2 trips to the playoffs. Comparing Trubisky to these guys is just someone who's extremely butt hurt speaking from the heart instead of actually stopping to think for a second.

Jim Drunkenmiller
David Klingler
Akili Smith
Cade McNown
JaMarcus Russell
Matt Leinart
Dwayne Haskins
Johnny Manziel
Brandon Weeden
Blaine Gabbert
Jake Locker
Paxton Lynch
J.P. Losman
Kyle Boller
Joey Harrington
Patrick Ramsey
Tim Couch
Ryan Leaf
Heath Shuler
Rick Mirer

Mitch was drafted #2. Big difference at #2 vs #15 or #32. At #2 overall, Mitch is colossal bust. 2018 was defense. This year at 8-8 is a joke and more of an indictment on the NFC than the greatness of Mitch.

Liked Posts:
You’re trying too hard

I don't have to "try" when I clearly provided names and facts to support my stance. My opinion is based off of facts. Your opinion is based off of personal feelings. It's okay not to like someone but to compare him to those beneath him is not fair at all.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
I don't have to "try" when I clearly provided names and facts to support my stance. My opinion is based off of facts. Your opinion is based off of personal feelings. It's okay not to like someone but to compare him to those beneath him is not fair at all.
My point was he is a bust. I’m not the one who compared him to Leaf or others. He’s a bust and that is a fact.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
How do you feel about Marcus Mariota? That's basically who Mitch is, and both were drafted 2nd overall.

I don't think you can call him a huge bust, because plenty of 1st round busts were so bad they couldnt stay in the NFL. Mitch will likely have a long career as a journeyman/backup, so dont think massive bust is appropriate - i would call him a disappointing return on investment instead.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
I think it's amusing people are praising Trubisky on getting the Bears to the playoffs twice. if it weren't for the COVID Bowl this year, the Bears would be narrowly on the outside looking in just like 2008, 2011, 2012, and 2013.

just an FYI, the defense ate cock against the Green Bay Packers too. I don't think this is entirely on the quarterback when the leader of the team is a fascist dickhole BHVAASFHAFJHJ987654321.
Fascist di##hole?

I guess I can see the latter but what makes him a fascist?

puckthefackers

Liked Posts:
Haskins is a huge Leaf-like bust. Mitch is a smaller scale bust, dude just doesn’t have the IT factor. Hope the Bears next drafted QB can get it done.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
He's led his team to the playoffs in 2/4 seasons. Has he lived up to expectations? No. But in the end he is still a mediocre QB, not a Ryan Leaf level of BUST. That type of take is just ignorant or a lack of intelligence.

Haskins is more of a Ryan Leaf type bust.
Not even Haskins is on Leafs level of bust.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Ryan Leaf? No...

More like Joey Harrington.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Massive bust? No. Fail, yes. It just looks worse due to the draft day circumstances but that's on Pace. Mitch is better than a lot of players in similar situations spots. His teammates seem to like him and play for him, even compared to Foles. Fuck, we had Cade McNown and Rick Mirer here for crying out loud. Harbaugh was as least as bad and about as good at reading Ds during his time with the Bear.

Bust? ya. Massive? No.