Closing the Book on the Quintana Trade

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
In short, Quintana wasn't the reason why we couldn't win in 2017-2020. WHat failed us, was our young core of hitters.

Castor76

Liked Posts:
Yes and no. Was he really worth losing Eloy?

I think so. Eloy is just now a major leaguer. It becomes the question of when did you want the production. 3 of the 4 seasons that Quintana was here, the Cubs made the play offs. 2 of those 3 I'd say he helped. With the trading of Darvish, would Eloy be much more than a trade piece now? The Cubs are simply now on the "Wait and See" side of the trade. By the time those players are Hits or Misses, Darvish's deal will be up or nearly up. If SD doesn't win a ring and the Cubs get 2 solid major leaguers, does that mean the Cubs won the trade? It is possible for both teams to get good from a trade and neither win a title.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes and no. Was he really worth losing Eloy?

No, no way in hell. My brother is a huge Sox fan and he hated Quintana. He called him the Jinx. He told me of his well pitched games, when the Sox gave him no support but when they did score a few runs he would walk a bunch and throw a ton of pitches. My brother loved the trade from day one. I hated it from day one.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
No, no way in hell. My brother is a huge Sox fan and he hated Quintana. He called him the Jinx. He told me of his well pitched games, when the Sox gave him no support but when they did score a few runs he would walk a bunch and throw a ton of pitches. My brother loved the trade from day one. I hated it from day one.
They traded away a top prospect for essentially a #3. He did OK. Theo bled the system unsuccessfully after giving up Torres for a Chapman rental.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
They traded away a top prospect for essentially a #3. He did OK. Theo bled the system unsuccessfully after giving up Torres for a Chapman rental.

It was 2 top 100. If it was 2 in the 75-100 range then it would have been a ok deal. But a top 25 and a top 100.... You would have expected Kluber for that.