Florio/Simms on Wentz, Bears and Colts

Luke

Liked Posts:
Simms said sources he trust say that Wentz prefers the Colts - big surprise!

Florio says that the Bears are Patsies in this situation as Howie is just using them to drive up the value and he wants Wentz out of the NFC.

They both said Wentz will walk right into controversy in Chicago while there will be far less of it in Indy.

This leads me to think this...

If Wentz truly wants to go to Indy ( and who would blame him ) and the Bears want him to restructure, couldn't Wentz just say no and in effect, kill the deal.

It would be very hard to believe that Pace makes a deal w/o a contract restructure while knowing Wentz doesn't want to come here.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

Florio says that the Bears are Patsies in this situation as Howie is just using them to drive up the value and he wants Wentz out of the NFC.

They both said Wentz will walk right into controversy in Chicago while there will be far less of it in Indy.

This leads me to think this...

If Wentz truly wants to go to Indy ( and who would blame him ) and the Bears want him to restructure, couldn't Wentz just say no and in effect, kill the deal.

It would be very hard to believe that Pace makes a deal w/o a contract restructure while knowing Wentz doesn't want to come here.
Why does wentz need to restructure his contract to come here?

I had no doubt he preferred indy as it is a much better and more stable situation

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Just say no to Wentz and move on, how many more issues can this guy have. Ya, he might go to Indy and be the stud that he was, but if he is being this much of a mental midget over every little thing, Chicago would eat him alive.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:

Any QB that comes to Chicago will walk into a controversy because Chicago Bear fans are too picky and critical of quarterbacks.. They will ruin the guys confidence..Thats why I am against a trade for a QB that encompasses any large amount of draft picks to acquire the guy.. Bear fans and our media will just run him out of town.

If Mahomes was on the Bears and we lost that SB to Brady, this board would be calling for him to be traded immediately. I have no doubt about that.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Thanks for the post.

I like that Pace is holding firm on his offer and not overpaying. Wentz may be an improvement but he is not a savior.

If we have to look to the draft for a QB, so be it.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I know it goes against the Ryan Pace narrative, but it is entirely possible the Bears aren't acting is willing participants in this.

I would think at this point the Bears know what wentz's preference is, and are not likely to pursue it any further especially since whatever the eagles want in return the Bears are unwilling to give.

Frankly I am waiting to see if this blows up in the face of the eagles.

Imagine hearing reports of a deal eminent for went to go to the Bears, only for 10 to 30 minutes later we find out the Bears trade for raiders quarterback Carr.

The spin machine would be out of control but at that point I would think that would indicate this is all been Philadelphia all along.

Rise

Liked Posts:
It’s better for Wentz to go to Indy I don’t blame him. They have a stable setup and it gives him his best chance.

Our guy is Carr, he is good friends with Mack still, I’m sure he would embrace this city and situation. Realistically Bears do have the assets to possibly make this happen, compared to Watson which isn’t realistic.

If that can’t happen they need to draft a rookie. I’m sorry but this whole have to win next year is garbage. If they draft a rookie who thrives but maybe they only win 7 games I’m not breaking that up. Just fix the damn QB and you can stay.

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
It’s better for Wentz to go to Indy I don’t blame him. They have a stable setup and it gives him his best chance.

Our guy is Carr, he is good friends with Mack still, I’m sure he would embrace this city and situation. Realistically Bears do have the assets to possibly make this happen, compared to Watson which isn’t realistic.

If that can’t happen they need to draft a rookie. I’m sorry but this whole have to win next year is garbage. If they draft a rookie who thrives but maybe they only win 7 games I’m not breaking that up. Just fix the damn QB and you can stay.
I think Carr is certainly an option, not sure his friendship with Mack is relevant though.

The issue with him is the price. Both the Eagles & Raiders are probably asking too much for what they’re offering, but the Eagles are in a weaker position due to their cap situation and reported in-house problems.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I think Carr is certainly an option, not sure his friendship with Mack is relevant though.

The issue with him is the price. Both the Eagles & Raiders are probably asking too much for what they’re offering, but the Eagles are in a weaker position due to their cap situation and reported in-house problems.

I think it would help him to embrace this circus. I don’t think it will factor into what the Bears offer.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Someone get out the chapstick for the Ballard ass kissing that's gonna happen in here. Lol
The thing is, Ballard ingratiates himself to the media wherever he goes. He gives beat reporters private tidbits, goes out to dinner with them and gets to know their families, wines and dines them etc.

Because of that, most media who know Ballard are unable to be fairly critical of him and will always give him the benefit of the doubt especially if he blows smoke up their collective asses: they'll suck it all in and ask for more.

Therefore it's nigh impossible to win a PR battle if Ballard is involved, because regardless of whatever else he is good or not good at, he excels in getting the media to kiss his ass.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How do you know the Bears want him to restructure?

I’d rather play for Ballard/Reich over Pace/Nagy too.

Chicago is a mess.

They need the cap space if they are going to tag Robinson.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I feel like I am watching a Showtime series with continual plot twists with this Wentz nonsense. Plenty of drama considering he was probably the worst QB in the NFL last year. Eagles want Wentz out of the NFC, too funny.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I feel like I am watching a Showtime series with continual plot twists with this Wentz nonsense. Plenty of drama considering he was probably the worst QB in the NFL last year. Eagles want Wentz out of the NFC, too funny.

What do you think the Bears should do at QB? Not asking snarky at all, serious question.

Yogi

Liked Posts:
The narrative of Wentz's preferred landing spot is a way overplayed- at this stage of his career I'd guarantee he just wants a team to commit to him as a starter, and any team willing to pay the price to get him is doing that. I'm meh if he comes to Chicago, but he's going to run to Halas Hall like a lost kid reunited with his mama if a deal is made.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I know it goes against the Ryan Pace narrative, but it is entirely possible the Bears aren't acting is willing participants in this.

I would think at this point the Bears know what wentz's preference is, and are not likely to pursue it any further especially since whatever the eagles want in return the Bears are unwilling to give.

Frankly I am waiting to see if this blows up in the face of the eagles.

Imagine hearing reports of a deal eminent for went to go to the Bears, only for 10 to 30 minutes later we find out the Bears trade for raiders quarterback Carr.

The spin machine would be out of control but at that point I would think that would indicate this is all been Philadelphia all along.
I also think this has been Philly all along. All these leaks to the media seem to be coming from the Eagles Now I have no doubt that the Bears and Colts have talked to the Eagles, but both Pace and Ballard always keep such talks or offers close to the vest. Eagles seem to want a first round pick out of this and I don't think anyone has offered that yet.