Colin Cowherd to Carson Wentz: "Turn Down the Bears"

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Today on his show Colin Coward pleaded for Wentz to turn down the Bears and force the Eagles to take whatever the Colts are offering. He cites an Eagles insider, Les Bowden, that the Bears will not trade for Carson Wentz if he does not want to play for Chicago.

Cowherd says its better for the league that Wentz goes to a well run franchise like the Colts. He also asked his production team, while on the show, to send this portion of the show to Wentz so that he officially turns down the Bears and give Indy the leverage to get a deal done.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Indy is a well run franchise? Didnt luck just retire because they refused to protect him?

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Colin Coward is a shameless Cowboys fan who always leans to the option that helps his team the most.

When I heard his rant he's really saying 'the Eagles should accept the smaller for Wentz because it will make them worse'.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Indy is a well run franchise? Didnt luck just retire because they refused to protect him?
Sorta. I'd say the previous leadership under developed the OL and Luck's body just broke down. Remember, Ballard got there in 2017 and Luck, after missing all of that season with an injury, played in 2018 then retired leading up to 2019.

The OL that is now in Indy is light years ahead of anything Andrew Luck was behind. I'd also say in terms of front office and coaches it's probably better than what he was used too.

The whole story with Luck is he took so many hits he couldn't recover. Physically and mentally worn down. That happened long before Ballard and Reich were in charge.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Hope Philly keeps holding him and Indy moves onto someone less and they are stuck with him.
As an Eagles fan, I do too.

I think Wentz is still a top tier talent and ideally he should accept that the Eagles have done a lot to help him get back to MVP level of play. He's being hard headed about wanting a change of scenery and forcing the Eagles into doing something they don't want to do. In that case I'd prefer him to come into training camp and win the starting job.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
So an Eagles insider told Cowherd what the Bears are deciding behind closed doors? Interesting...

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I agree if Wentz does not want to be a Bear, then why would we want him on the roster?

Wentz is not in a position to demand anything, because his play is the reason that HE got benched. If he would have played well, Hurts would have never seen the field.

Did Aaron Rogers fold up and play like dog crap when the Packers drafted Love? No, he played better than the previous year.

So as far as I am concerned, Wentz does not deserve to be on the Bears roster if he can not handle the pressure of a 2nd round QB

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
It was nice when sportscasting was about facts and not about "hot takes"...

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I agree if Wentz does not want to be a Bear, then why would we want him on the roster?

Wentz is not in a position to demand anything, because his play is the reason that HE got benched. If he would have played well, Hurts would have never seen the field.

Did Aaron Rogers fold up and play like dog crap when the Packers drafted Love? No, he played better than the previous year.

So as far as I am concerned, Wentz does not deserve to be on the Bears roster if he can not handle the pressure of a 2nd round QB
There are absolutely questions about Wentz' mental makeup and if he's running/ruining these trade talks.

With that being said, he's extremely talented.

As an Eagle fan if he said he's excited for training camp and looking forward to competing I'd forget this whole trade story ever happened. His 2020 tape was horrible, but looking back at 2016-2019 he showed almost everything you want from a young franchise QB. A lot of weird things happened in 2020 in the world AND with the Eagles. If he just can't move forward with the Eagles, then so be it, but I understand wanting him to suit up in your team's uni.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Today on his show Colin Coward pleaded for Wentz to turn down the Bears and force the Eagles to take whatever the Colts are offering. He cites an Eagles insider, Les Bowden, that the Bears will not trade for Carson Wentz if he does not want to play for Chicago.

Cowherd says its better for the league that Wentz goes to a well run franchise like the Colts. He also asked his production team, while on the show, to send this portion of the show to Wentz so that he officially turns down the Bears and give Indy the leverage to get a deal done.

Cowturd is an idiot..He proves it every time he opens his mouth
Colin Coward is a shameless Cowboys fan who always leans to the option that helps his team the most.

When I heard his rant he's really saying 'the Eagles should accept the smaller for Wentz because it will make them worse'.
I pitty anyone who wastes time listening to Cowturd.

Cowherd, not Cowturd or Coward.

Thanks