Bears hire former Texas HC Tom Herman as an analyst

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
This is coming from a great friend who knows him- he's his neighbor- "We're just along for the ride".

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who cares?

We know it does not matter what offensive coaches you have under Nagy. Is this any different than Helfrich or any of the other coaches that have had 0 impact on the offense?

jc dude

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Who cares?

We know it does not matter what offensive coaches you have under Nagy. Is this any different than Helfrich or any of the other coaches that have had 0 impact on the offense?
They were playing against special needs defenses.

tenor.gif

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He's got a rep as a real douche nozzle.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Tom is in charge of designing exotic concepts in the lateral passing game.

BE YOU!

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just another caddie for Nagy to ignore & keep hitting the offense's ball into the drink.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but if not, Nagy keeps being Nagy & he be gone sooner than later at least.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
One has to wonder if this was part of Pace/Nagy's pitch to ownership at year end. Hey George, we're going to go out and bulster the coaching staff with a bunch of consultant type juggernauts and then change absolutely nothing!

jerkstore

Liked Posts:
I’d love to see us bring in Ehlinger to replace Bray. Seems like one of those guys who really rises to the occasion.

Ossai in the second would be a amazing too. Might go in the first part if the round though. This dude gets after it.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Mully brought up a good point on 670 the day after this was announced: the only concept on the Bears offense seems to be collecting as many plays as they can. No scheme needed. Just need a binder full of plays.

Unlike I'm sure most here, I actually think Nagy is probably a decent offensive mind. The issue is that he doesn't seem to know what he wants this offense to be, which I do think are two things that can be mutually exclusive.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Mully brought up a good point on 670 the day after this was announced: the only concept on the Bears offense seems to be collecting as many plays as they can. No scheme needed. Just need a binder full of plays.

Unlike I'm sure most here, I actually think Nagy is probably a decent offensive mind. The issue is that he doesn't seem to know what he wants this offense to be, which I do think are two things that can be mutually exclusive.

Sage Rosenfels noted this during a Bear's game he covered in 2018. That it really was just a collection of plays with no cohesion or actual system to run.

That could be part of the reason why the offense struggled. However, white hair was in that center at that point in time too. And we now know he's been botching the line calls for quite a while now.

So who knows how much that actually factors in.