Liked Posts:
1615410056261.png

giphy.gif

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@MDB111™ thoughts on Dixie as a reopening play?

My thought process is we're nearing full blown reopening.

When people are free of covid restrictions they will host gatherings and likely buy large amounts of party supplies, including paper plates and the like.

Dixie is about 3$ a share right now, pretty cheap.

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
So, took up GME last Friday (5 shares at $138 avg) for $690. Sold 3 @ $300 and then held 2 for the "ride"... Well, that f'n ride ended between the first and second halt down. I sold the 2 @ $243. $1183 and I was out. Phew, right?

Well, I read some DD and was talking with a couple investment buddies and decided I was willing to ride those 2 earlier in the day, so I bought back in right before close. 2 shares to ride into tomorrow. :ROFLMAO:

I have some friends making thousands on the options game, which seems like a really good way for me to lose my whole account balance, so I've limited myself to a few shares.

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Currently, I'm in weed waiting for the next push up, then I'm selling everything and sitting in cash waiting for a bigger correction to the market. So, I'll probably be 90-100% out in cash within the next couple weeks (hopefully).

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, took up GME last Friday (5 shares at $138 avg) for $690. Sold 3 @ $300 and then held 2 for the "ride"... Well, that f'n ride ended between the first and second halt down. I sold the 2 @ $243. $1183 and I was out. Phew, right?

Well, I read some DD and was talking with a couple investment buddies and decided I was willing to ride those 2 earlier in the day, so I bought back in right before close. 2 shares to ride into tomorrow. :ROFLMAO:

I have some friends making thousands on the options game, which seems like a really good way for me to lose my whole account balance, so I've limited myself to a few shares.

If you thought today was wild...
giphy.gif

Whoever that whale was who dumped ~2 million shares at today's peak to trigger the dip/SSR bought up an ungodly amount of 300-400 and 800 calls for this week. Next week options are just as ridiculous. Some absolutely huge gamma squeezes looming.

Tomorrow, Friday and all next week should be VERY interesting.

As for today, consider it a valuable lesson on why you shouldn't set stop losses on volatile stocks with no liquidity.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
@MDB111™ thoughts on Dixie as a reopening play?

My thought process is we're nearing full blown reopening.

When people are free of covid restrictions they will host gatherings and likely buy large amounts of party supplies, including paper plates and the like.

Dixie is about 3$ a share right now, pretty cheap.

It's certaintly showing a classic cup and handle chart. It has dropped significantly since March 3rd.(like most other stocks) I don't think it hurts to get in now. A lot of upside in probably the near future.
I'm not in front of my think or swim app right now but when I get home, I'll dig deeper.

Are you thinking long term? Because long term, most stocks look fantastic right now so jump in...

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's certaintly showing a classic cup and handle chart. It has dropped significantly since March 3rd.(like most other stocks) I don't think it hurts to get in now. A lot of upside in probably the near future.
I'm not in front of my think or swim app right now but when I get home, I'll dig deeper.

Are you thinking long term? Because long term, most stocks look fantastic right now so jump in...

I was thinking at least buy and hold thru June/July when I expect the boom to drive the stock price up.

I was also buying calls for June, so I'd have the option to add to my position like 10x if it looks like a better long position, or sell the calls if I just want the profits during the boom.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I was thinking at least buy and hold thru June/July when I expect the boom to drive the stock price up.

I was also buying calls for June, so I'd have the option to add to my position like 10x if it looks like a better long position, or sell the calls if I just want the profits during the boom.
You could always do covered calls. But I like the stock to go up to at least 4 within a month and thats 25%!
But again, most stocks should rise here if this was truly just a dip/correction

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You could always do covered calls. But I like the stock to go up to at least 4 within a month and thats 25%!
But again, most stocks should rise here if this was truly just a dip/correction

What would be your time horizon to sell?

Would you be looking to play this out for 12 months to get the Capital Gains tax benefit, or would you be looking to unload and take profits if it jumps in the next 3-4 months?

I feel like if I am right and it jumps anytime in the next few months, my ape brain will kick in and make me sell lol.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

Would you be looking to play this out for 12 months to get the Capital Gains tax benefit, or would you be looking to unload and take profits if it jumps in the next 3-4 months?

I feel like if I am right and it jumps anytime in the next few months, my ape brain will kick in and make me sell lol.
Give me ten mins.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

Do you trade on margin? Or cash account? Do you care about short term gains or long term?
I personally will take short term profit on 1% gains on a position because IDGAF.
But I trade on margin, am flagged as a pattern day trader and trade with a six figure account.( not bragging here because it matters to your question)

So DXYN lost 53% in a week. This did not follow any pattern in the last 180. The stock saw a catalyst on 11/4/20 which began its rise from .75 cents to a high of 6 bucks in about 14 months. So reading its current charts are difficult for me.

I think a fair price right now for this one is $3.61. So right now ag $3 03 it's a deal. I only see a short term high of $4.12.

So if you want to scoop this up and sell around 3.61 in a month or so, I'd do that. If you wanna hold hold long term, i think it's safe too although I like other stocks with this philosophy.

The R.S.I for this one is 39.11 which is a good indicator that it's a buy.

I saved the chart and set my alerts for 3.30.

also, this stock has absolutely shit for volume right now. Volume drives the price. You want stocks that move either way.
If an insider buys, I'd buy. It looks like no insider has even made a purchase since last May 2020.

I do like the cup and handle on the chart though. I def. think short term it has potential to rise at least back 25%.

Hope that helps. Ive had 4 beers today and i feel like I'm rambling

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Do you trade on margin? Or cash account? Do you care about short term gains or long term?
I personally will take short term profit on 1% gains on a position because IDGAF.
But I trade on margin, am flagged as a pattern day trader and trade with a six figure account.( not bragging here because it matters to your question)

So DXYN lost 53% in a week. This did not follow any pattern in the last 180. The stock saw a catalyst on 11/4/20 which began its rise from .75 cents to a high of 6 bucks in about 14 months. So reading its current charts are difficult for me.

I think a fair price right now for this one is $3.61. So right now ag $3 03 it's a deal. I only see a short term high of $4.12.

So if you want to scoop this up and sell around 3.61 in a month or so, I'd do that. If you wanna hold hold long term, i think it's safe too although I like other stocks with this philosophy.

The R.S.I for this one is 39.11 which is a good indicator that it's a buy.

I saved the chart and set my alerts for 3.30.

also, this stock has absolutely shit for volume right now. Volume drives the price. You want stocks that move either way.
If an insider buys, I'd buy. It looks like no insider has even made a purchase since last May 2020.

I do like the cup and handle on the chart though. I def. think short term it has potential to rise at least back 25%.

Hope that helps. Ive had 4 beers today and i feel like I'm rambling

No worries man, I appreciate the input.

I am trading mostly on cash, but I dip into margin if I see something I like and all my cash is in.

I'm trying to think of the upcoming 6-12 months in the context of covid reopening.

But most reopening plays, people are already buying and the prices seem high.

So I am looking for ideas for trades that will benefit from the influx of stimulus cash combined with reopening, that the market may not have already recognized and priced in.

I am wondering on this one, if the market has priced in the amount of money people are going to put into a rise in Spring/Summer parties at private residences.

If I can get one and just make a decent profit over 3-6 months, I'll take it.

If I can get one that can take off with reopening and grow for 12 months, I'll take a long position.

I am looking anywhere from 3-12 month time horizons on a stock, with weekly options trading to replenish my cash supply.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
No worries man, I appreciate the input.

I am trading mostly on cash, but I dip into margin if I see something I like and all my cash is in.

I'm trying to think of the upcoming 6-12 months in the context of covid reopening.

But most reopening plays, people are already buying and the prices seem high.

So I am looking for ideas for trades that will benefit from the influx of stimulus cash combined with reopening, that the market may not have already recognized and priced in.

I am wondering on this one, if the market has priced in the amount of money people are going to put into a rise in Spring/Summer parties at private residences.

If I can get one and just make a decent profit over 3-6 months, I'll take it.

If I can get one that can take off with reopening and grow for 12 months, I'll take a long position.

I am looking anywhere from 3-12 month time horizons on a stock, with weekly options trading to replenish my cash supply.

I like the stock short term. But it could be a real slow climb back up with that lack of volume.
I like to get stocks that see a lot of volume.

Have you checked out cruise lines yet?

IMO many tech stocks have fantastic 12 month outlooks.

Biggest players should be your FANGS and Electric Vehicle stocks. Also check credit stocks and airlines. Those should all see 10% plus gains from here.

My current holdings are

AAPL
AmZN
ARKK
ARKG
ARKW
CCI
CCIV
BABA
DKNG
DIS
FB
MA
V
PYPL
NIO
WKHS
RKT
TSLA
BA
SQ
GOOGL
PLTR
DOCU
IIPR
JMIA
CGC
MSFT
PSTH
SFT

RIOT
SPLK
TLRY

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Thinking of playing Coupang IPO tomorrow if I can get in <40 and then flip it same day.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I like the stock short term. But it could be a real slow climb back up with that lack of volume.

Biggest players should be your FANGS and Electric Vehicle stocks. Also check credit stocks and airlines. Those should all see 10% plus gains from here.

My current holdings are

AAPL
AmZN
ARKK
ARKG
ARKW
CCI
CCIV
BABA
DKNG
DIS
FB
MA
V
PYPL
NIO
WKHS
RKT
TSLA
BA
SQ
GOOGL
PLTR
DOCU
IIPR
JMIA
CGC
MSFT
PSTH
SFT

RIOT
SPLK
TLRY
I'd like to buy your ETF. Thanks.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

My current holdings are

AAPL
AmZN
ARKK
ARKG
ARKW
CCI
CCIV
BABA
DKNG
DIS
FB
MA
V
PYPL
NIO
WKHS
RKT
TSLA
BA
SQ
GOOGL
PLTR
DOCU
IIPR
JMIA
CGC
MSFT
PSTH
SFT

RIOT
SPLK
TLRY
Can you put a shroom stock on there to make me feel better about my future wealth or possibly lack there of.