My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
9qk0vv0m0qn61.jpg

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Even these guys get sucked in and fall for the hype. I expect a GM to get it right, rather than fall back on the opinions of the talking heads.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
Mrs Pace, I know you don't want your husband to get fired but he failed and poor job performance is supposed to have consequences.

Perspective

Liked Posts:
Even these guys get sucked in and fall for the hype. I expect a GM to get it right, rather than fall back on the opinions of the talking heads.

In that case every GM in the NFL should be fired since they all let Tom Brady go at least 5 to 6 times and let Rodgers go once and let Russ Wilson go at least twice and let Drew Brees go at least once .... I mean these are the top 3 QBs from the last decade in every single metric possible ....

#delusional_meathead_fans

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Are you saying we should bring back DeShone Kiser?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
In that case every GM in the NFL should be fired since they all let Tom Brady go at least 5 to 6 times and let Rodgers go once and let Russ Wilson go at least twice and let Drew Brees go at least once .... I mean these are the top 3 QBs from the last decade in every single metric possible ....

#delusional_meathead_fans
It's always surprises me how someone named perspective has none.

Oh and you just named 4 different QBs, not 3. You can't even count. Maybe don't walk around calling people meatheads, Special person

LUL
EDIT: This is so sad.
1616093558579.png

Last edited:

greg23

Liked Posts:
this is what i dont get.....revisionist history by most saying that he was nowhere near the #2 pick, when in fact he was the #1 or #2 qb on almost everyone's board heading into the draft.

we prob would have been best served to not pick so high that year and let one of the other two fall to us......where pace probably would have taken a 2 sack per year edge guy anyway.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I had Watson and then everyone else. I knew Kaiser would be a bust.

Mahomes intrigued me, but I knew the Bears would not go for him when all the scouts were comparing him to Jay Cutler.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Pretty sure most gms get it wrong
Some get it right. Ryan Pace doesnt. Id forgive him if he managed to build a contender despite Mitch being a bust, but he hasn't.

Pace has gone from rebuild, to going all in based on Mitch being the guy, right back to rebuild.

He aint it.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Mel Kiper is the same guy who got Jamarcus Russell's bust ready for Canton prior to the 2007 Draft. Also, none of those lists come from current or former GM's, scouts, or another NFL executives. They may as well have asked some rando from the street or some of the idiots and weirdos from this board for their QB lists.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I can see it happening now that Trubisky is no longer a Bear....

-Watson gets thrown in prison for sexual assaults.
-Mahomes gets head butted by Kyle Long which ends his career
-Trubisky takes over after Josh Allen goes down and leads them to a SB victory.

SUPERFAN

YUUUGE member
Liked Posts:
its good
for the next couple of years you get to see what a dud this organization is, if you havent noticed already

Southside

Liked Posts:
Ryan Pace was a scout at one point in New Orleans, any GM who goes off of the mock drafts of media personalities doesn't deserve their job. What is the point of having a scouting department then?

Also, Deshaun Watson had 38 games worth of experience in college, had 2 back-to-back 4,000 yard seasons, was a Heisman finalist, and hung 420 yards on Alabama in the National Championship Game when they were the best defense in college football at the time. Dude fell to the 12th pick because he was black plain and simple.

All Trubisky had was a great touchdown to interception ratio, but there are TONS of college QBs with that stat because there are too many terrible defenses in college and defenses in college are not complex especially when you only had 1 year as a starter. If touchdown to interception ratio was all that matter, then Colt Brennan would have become the greatest QB of all-time due to his college stats. But Colt Brennan and Hawaii had weak competition.

QBs need to be evaluated by competition and experience. How many different schemes did Trubisky see in college with less than 20 games? In Trubisky's one lil measly season, he lost to big programs such as Georgia, Stanford, and Virginia Tech. They even lost to Duke that year. Watson was also in the same conference as Trubisky, albeit in different divisions. But the fact that a dude can go as the first QB in the draft and not even be the best QB in his own conference because some snot nose dudes on ESPN put him high in a mock draft

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Some get it right. Ryan Pace doesnt. Id forgive him if he managed to build a contender despite Mitch being a bust, but he hasn't.

Pace has gone from rebuild, to going all in based on Mitch being the guy, right back to rebuild.

He aint it.
some take 5 tries to get it right too. we aren't in rebuild yet.