Moped to the Bills

Southside

Liked Posts:
A dream come true would have been Pace AND Trubisky being gone this offseason, it is unbelievable that we went into this offseason already knowing that we were going to let our number 2 overall bust go in free agency but we are allowing the guy who picked that bum to keep his job. Pace and Trubisky should have been a package deal in terms of both being let go.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
How is that odd? It’s odd that he’d be considered FOR a starting position. He’s a backup, all he’ll ever be.
Well for four years I've heard how much of a competitor he is. Are you under the impression that I think he'll be a starter? My feeling of it being odd is that he in a position where he doesn't need to compete.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
mmmm...

maybe. but I kinda don't think Trubs is in the same brane power category

That's what was said about Smith and Tannehill. Great athletes at the QB position but couldn't process the game.

As you get reps, even as a backup that will naturally develop with time. He is an athletic QB with an above average winning percentage and his stats on glance (while skewed) aren't horrible. He will be in the league long enough to continue to be on an NFL roster and develop that part of his game.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's what was said about Smith and Tannehill. Great athletes at the QB position but couldn't process the game.

As you get reps, even as a backup that will naturally develop with time. He is an athletic QB with an above average winning percentage and his stats on glance (while skewed) aren't horrible. He will be in the league long enough to continue to be on an NFL roster and develop that part of his game.

are you explaining how practice works rn?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Josh Allen will come back down to earth...When he does, I truly won't be surprised if Mitch looks good in relief. I think Trubs could run their offense fairly efficiently.
So you think trubisky is better than Allen?

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
So you think trubisky is better than Allen?

I dont like Allen. He had a good year, but I don't think it will be the norm. I think he gets figured out. And side by side, I think there is no arguing he is currently a better QB than Trubisky. I just dont think he does anything Trubisky can't do aside from the deep ball. I think Trubs is more accurate with non moving targets.I think in practice and as far as work ethic, Trubisky will look better. Allen is too busy playing Call of Duty.

Dont get me wrong. Trubs isn't competing for the starting position with the season Allen had last year. But I think if given the chance to play due to injury he will look serviceable in their offense and show the Bills offensive success is more due to the coaching than Allen's ability.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Well I see this board has reached the acceptance phase and is slowly starting to justify Dalton. Lol I’m sticking to what I said won’t watch a game.

Bandwagoner!

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
Cannot Wait to see what the bills are able to with Mitchell. The upgrade from Allen to trubisky is SERIOUS.

GO BEARS

The_Shadow

Simply a Bears fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
So Mitch starts his illustrious career as a career backup? Good thing he has been working out with Chase Daniel to perfect his knee taking technique!
He has a good ten years in him as a league leading clipboard holder and hot towel boy. Sorry, meant backup QB...damn Autocorrect!

SUPERFAN

YUUUGE member
Liked Posts:
“projecting” please nobody gives a shit about your meth head bitch meatball

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Anyone comparing Josh Allen and Mitch Trubisky needs their head examined,Allen is what Cutler should have been in Chicago...he's legit

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
MITCHELL PULLIN' UP ON ALLEN LIKE...

7tLk.gif

wisconsinbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Whether you would rather have Trubisky or not is largely irrelevant. The point is the NFL only values Trubisky at 2.5 million but Dalton at 8 million last year and 10 million this year.

Maybe the NFL is wrong or maybe Trubisky is fucking terrible and most of the NFL knows it. It is embarrassing that is all he could command.
The problem with that is you're relying on the valuation of Dalton from Ryan Pace, who valued a Mike Glennon at $18.5 million for 4 starts. As others pointed out already, Dalton was valued at $3 million last season.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The problem with that is you're relying on the valuation of Dalton from Ryan Pace, who valued a Mike Glennon at $18.5 million for 4 starts. As others pointed out already, Dalton was valued at $3 million last season.
The Mike Glennon contract was given when the Bears had tons of money to spend but weren't sure how they wanted to spend it yet. So they took an eighteen million dollar gamble on a quarterback, if it worked it would've been a coup.

Their situation now is very different. They are right up against the cap and are losing good players to make room for Andy Dalton.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
Trubisky has no football instincts. Anyone with access to all-22 tape knows this. It was always funny to me that people thought he’d get signed to start somewhere