Pro Football Focus: Bears have had the NFL's worst off-season so far

Montucky

Liked Posts:

They don't explicitly state it but the Bears are the only team to achieve the distinction of having their off-season graded as "poor" instead of merely "below-average". I do not regard Pro Football Focus' grades but this just shows that its not just Bears fans who see what a disaster this has been.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
OH NO. THE BEARS LOST ONE PLAYER.

ONE PLAYER!!

IT'S A DISASTER. :ROFLMAO:

Nelly

Liked Posts:
You could see it coming a mile away. The big money signings of veteran players (mostly on defense) plus the #2 overall pick QB busting out has left us with a decent team that's pressed against the cap. Without a blockbuster trade the only way to go is down.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
OH NO. THE BEARS LOST ONE PLAYER.

ONE PLAYER!!

IT'S A DISASTER. :ROFLMAO:
Well, arguably their best player from the year before. And he plays a premium position. And they didn't even get anything for him. And it was to make room for Andy Dalton.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Uh, they all have been already. Pay attention.
With Dalton/Trufart/and a player to be named later.

might be why you came in last? Not that the Lions faired much better mind you, lol.
They don't hand out bonus points for being the bridesmaid when trying to acquire FA talent.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
really, that's all you got out of this awful off season? smh

They've lost one good player and got another good one back from covid. (Eddie G)'

They replaced their shitty QB with another QB that has done 5 times as much in the league.

They have 8 picks coming in the draft.

Only people freaking out are the idiots that believed Wilson was really coming here.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
With Dalton/Trufart/and a player to be named later.

might be why you came in last? Not that the Lions faired much better mind you, lol.
They don't hand out bonus points for being the bridesmaid when trying to acquire FA talent.

Ifedi replaces Massie. (for now at least)

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Trubisky/Massie/Fuller regardless of what you might think of them they do have to be replaced?
Fuller is the only one of those that hurt. Massie was injured and bad for two years straight. Line improved with him gone. Trubisky is a bum. So
We can call that addition by subtraction

what sucks about this off-season is all the contracts redone will affect 2022 and 2023. And pace hasn’t traded away future picks yet that would be icing on the cake of a bad offseason.

pace belongs in a gov position with how wasteful he is with other peoples money

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Fuller is the only one of those that hurt. Massie was injured and bad for two years straight. Line improved with him gone. Trubisky is a bum. So
We can call that addition by subtraction

what sucks about this off-season is all the contracts redone will affect 2022 and 2023. And pace hasn’t traded away future picks yet that would be icing on the cake of a bad offseason.

pace belongs in a gov position with how wasteful he is with other peoples money

Now this is more fair.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Mack and Quan and AR all beg to differ.
I will indulge this even though it is very wrong. Maybe Allen Robinson II would have a case but Kyle Fuller was by far the Bears best defender. Whatever, we'll pretend you're right.

This team backed into the playoffs off sheer luck. Now you've taken away one of the five best players at a premium position and done really nothing to improve any position group anywhere on the field. I just cannot comprehend how this would be a success? If they lost Fuller to bring in an elite tackle or pulled off the that Kenny Golladay gambit I could wrap my head around something, but to my eye the Bears got a bunch of nobodies and it cost them an elite cornerback to do it.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I will indulge this even though it is very wrong. Maybe Allen Robinson II would have a case but Kyle Fuller was by far the Bears best defender. Whatever, we'll pretend you're right.

This team backed into the playoffs off sheer luck. Now you've taken away one of the five best players at a premium position and done really nothing to improve any position group anywhere on the field. I just cannot comprehend how this would be a success? If they lost Fuller to bring in an elite tackle or pulled off the that Kenny Golladay gambit I could wrap my head around something, but to my eye the Bears got a bunch of nobodies and it cost them an elite cornerback to do it.

Nope

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Unless something unthinkable happens the Bears will head into their third straight season of having the worst starting day-one left tackle in the NFL. That really is a remarkable feat to not upgrade what is universally regarded as the second most important position on offense for three straight off-seasons.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Well, arguably their best player from the year before. And he plays a premium position. And they didn't even get anything for him. And it was to make room for Andy Dalton.
Kyle Fuller quit being the best player half way through the season... Roquan and Mack Robinson are arguably the best.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I don't know what people are seeing Khalil Mack anymore. They guy has become basically above average, his impact in the run game is nice and all but the best edge players get to the quarterback and Khalil Mack doesn't really get to the quarterback anymore. I think a lot of people just don't want to admit the obvious.