Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Watson was a Bear, found culpable and reinstated, I'd have some issues rooting for him on Sundays. Glad we never had Vick here. Would be difficult to not see a dog killer under center. Guys can serve their time and be contrite but it doesn't mean I have to like them. Still hope the Watson thing is not as appears.

If the Bear moved to another city.

kalmavet

Liked Posts:
No. I might threaten to abandon ship during entirely too many games when they absolutely suck but I'm all talk lol

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Never would I not bea fan!! I grew up with the Bears teaching me to love the game. I had the best RB of all time in Walter to root for. Ride or die with this franchise

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My friends tell me that the Bears are abusing me but they don't understand. The Bears constant years of losing, bad drafting and shit coaches are just a sign of love; tough love

The Apostate

Liked Posts:
I'm with the rest of you as regards giving up football before giving up the Bears, but...that's actually how I took my screen name.

An apostate is someone who gives up their faith, and the faith I gave up was my faith in the Bears.

I was as big a meatball as anyone here. I grew up watching Butkus, and Buffone, and Sayers and even though the teams sucked they still kicked ass as best they could. They weren't good but they were inspiring in that way.

Then came Ditka and eventually the '85 Super Bowl championship team and I was over the moon. The dream was finally real. And then...well, you all know what happened next. The egos taking over. The draft disasters, wasting first round picks taking guys like Stan Thomas and Alonzo Spellman. And then came Wanny.

After a few fumbling years and then his famous 'all the pieces are in place' statement, the Bears were playing the Vikings in the dome in '98 when Dwayne Rudd intercepted a pass and ran it back, taunting the Bears the whole way to the end zone, and the Bears did...nothing.
Not a damn thing. They stood there and watched. The only player making a real effort to stop him was Big Cat Williams. I couldn't believe it, they quit. The entire team just fucking quit. I saw a lot of shit over the years, I saw good teams and bad, but I never saw a Bears team just quit like that. They were dead, passionless, passive, lame.

After that season my attitude was, 'if they don't give a shit why should I?' I watched when it was convenient but never really recaptured the enthusiasm I used to have, not even during the Lovie years. Yeah, they were pretty good, but I knew deep down they'd screw up somehow because, well, they always do.

Maybe someday the Bears will stop shooting themselves in the foot, maybe someday they'll start acting like a real professional franchise again, but until then I'll watch, yeah, as long as they're entertaing and aren't getting blown out by the second quarter like usual, but being a Bears meatball again?

Probably never gonna happen.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would never jump to another team, but my interest has waned severely in recent years to the point where I don't care much about what they do anymore.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I guess if the franchise folded or something absolutely unforeseeable happened I would find a new team. I love football a huge amount. I think its the best cultural innovation America has put out into the world since rock and roll. It is truly the perfect game. So as much as I love the Bears I would endure and find a new team.

Interesting. My interest in football has all but gone but my interest in soccer is as high as ever.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The NFL in general is barely hanging on by a thread in terms of my interest. The Bears are the only thing keeping me around, and that interest is quickly fading as well.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Interesting. My interest in football has all but gone but my interest in soccer is as high as ever.
I have no real use for soccer outside of the World Cup. And its not because it is foreign, either. I'll endure test cricket and I've been to my fair share of Geelong Cats games. I liked SuperRugby, but now without the South African sides I don't think it'll be quite as compelling.

But the idea of any sport being on the level of football is silly. And its stupid to stop watching something as compelling, beautiful and strategic as pro football because you don't like the owners. Just like it was dumb for all those boomers to quit watching because of the kneeling. Just sit back and enjoy the spectacle, its like none other in sport.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Never say never. But there would have to be a string of events spanning years that would make me quit being a fan. It would help if there was another team in Chicago.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have no real use for soccer outside of the World Cup. And its not because it is foreign, either. I'll endure test cricket and I've been to my fair share of Geelong Cats games. I liked SuperRugby, but now without the South African sides I don't think it'll be quite as compelling.

But the idea of any sport being on the level of football is silly. And its stupid to stop watching something as compelling, beautiful and strategic as pro football because you don't like the owners. Just like it was dumb for all those boomers to quit watching because of the kneeling. Just sit back and enjoy the spectacle, its like none other in sport.

Oh it's not a protest thing for me; I couldn't care less about what the owners do or who kneels. I just got bored with it, and the Bears being in endless mediocrity doesn't help. Still like it more than baseball and basketball but not compelling enough to keep my interest unless the Bears are particularly exciting.

I find soccer a far more entertaining game, regardless of rooting interests.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Carlos Rodon's no-hitter two weeks ago was more compelling, beautiful, and strategic than any NFL game last season.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Carlos Rodon's no-hitter two weeks ago was more compelling, beautiful, and strategic than any NFL game last season.
I love the White Sox and endeavor to not miss a game, but I don't watch baseball if its not my team. Not even the playoffs really. Exact opposite of football. My enjoyment of Carlos Rodon's no-no was intrinsically linked to the uniform he was wearing.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
At this point the Bears feel like a lingering drug habit.

They were the absolute tits when I was young, but the older I got...the more fleeting it became to reach the same highs and now it's more based on decades of routine rather than genuine pleasure.

A literal Football Junkie.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The problem with the emotional attachment to a team, is the dipshits running the show are just billionaires with basically no soul. There are some owners that are invested in winning at all costs, but most of them just want to make money.

Being a fan of a professional sports team is basically like working for a corporation. Having loyalty to your corporate overlords while they lobby Washington to allow them to chain you to your desk is silly.

I'd be more likely to just stop caring. But I'll entertain the idea of becoming a Browns fan(of all fucking teams). I also haven't watched a single Indians game this season, since the Dolans became the biggest cheapskates in pro sports. Fuck these cheap ass billionaires, man. It's so dumb.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If I were to not become a Bears fan, I wouldn't pick up another team because it would be from lack of interest in the sport as others have mentioned. My interest has gone down significantly over the past few years. The only reason I watch other games at this point is from fantasy/betting.

If anything, I may slip into that 'fair weather' type fandom as the years of mediocrity continue.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

THE COMERCIAL BREAKS ARE WHAT KILLS THE MOMENTUM. IF I SEE JAKE FROM STATE FARM ONE MORE FUCKING TIME MONTUCKY, I WILL STAB A COVID VACCINE IN MY EYE HOLES.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
If they moved from Chicago I could see it. Been a bears and Cubs fan all my life, love visiting the city.

No way I'm rooting for the Louisville Kentucky Bears

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Bears for Life over here.
I even want a Bears coffin or urn!
spread my ashes at Soldier Field!
Or turn my ashes into a firework explosion shot out after a great Chicago Bears touchdown score!