How do the Bear draft their QB?

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
My guess: Bears trade down to #32, pick up an additional 2nd Round Pick (#64), & draft Kellen Mond.

Bucs have limited roster spots with every starter returning from last year and JPP is 32 years old and on the last year of his contract. They’re in win-now mode, so moving up to draft the best pass rusher makes a ton of sense for them.

Bears can’t afford to move more draft picks after they dealt so many for Khalil Mack, so trading down while still securing that 5th year on a young QB makes a ton of sense too.
Ravens have done this with both Flacco and Jackson, drafting a QB later in the 1st round worked out well for them. I like Mond at 32 and an additional 2nd rounder allows them to possibly fill critical spots at OT and CB in round 2.

BobInIndy

Liked Posts:
If the Bears trade up, it will be at a substantially higher cost than almost any other team would pay.
Pace has a track record of overpaying for his moves.
Think Trubisky, think Dalton, think Quinn.
Pace isn't shrewd!!

greg23

Liked Posts:
If the Bears trade up, it will be at a substantially higher cost than almost any other team would pay.
Pace has a track record of overpaying for his moves.
Think Trubisky, think Dalton, think Quinn.
Pace isn't shrewd!!

Mother Fucking "CONVICTION"

JayQ

Liked Posts:
Trade back from 20 to the later part of the first. Draft LT Walker Little and Mills with the 2nd. Draft a RT with one of the 3rds from the trade back. Hopefully have bookend tackles for years. Pick up the Stanford WR with crazy stats at the combine in the 4th or 5th. Mills will be set next year with talent he’s used to playing with.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Trade back from 20 to the later part of the first. Draft LT Walker Little and Mills with the 2nd. Draft a RT with one of the 3rds from the trade back. Hopefully have bookend tackles for years. Pick up the Stanford WR with crazy stats at the combine in the 4th or 5th. Mills will be set next year with talent he’s used to playing with.
Wouldn’t mind this if they can’t get Fields or Jones.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Assume it’s happening somewhere in this draft. Which one and how acquired? Pick, trade up or down.

I’ll start with a trade up in 2 to 45 with the Jags to secure Mills ahead of NE.

Trade down in 1 for same would be Pace in overvalue coveting mode.

Trade down with added value received to move up in 2 would be rather painless and depending on what drops may be optimum value..

Pace takes Mills in the top 1/2 of round 2 by moving up from 52.
I'd be cool with trading up from #52 to get D.Mills or K.Mond in that order. I just don't think we're gonna be able to jump/offer more to move up from #20 over teams like Wash or NE without giving up so much more to beat either of their offers that it's just too much for a scratch off ticket that the 4th/5th best QB's in this draft could be. I wouldn't be mad at trading up cause of how important the QB position is but rather hope we hit big with Mills or Mond in the 2nd round.