Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Who thinks we made the wrong choice and why? Just curious

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The Bears should've traded back in the first and taken an offensive tackle, built up more picks to build a better overall team in order to capitalize on the Packers impending implosion to win the division in 2021-22. Then, next draft, they push their chips in and move up for a quarterback with the offensive line set and the receiver corps well on its way to Life After Allen Robinson.

Lots of good offensive linemen slipped and the Bears could've been in a prime spot to grab them. This draft is deeper than it is top-heavy, adding a third round pick (or two) would've done them a load of good.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The Bears should've traded back in the first and taken an offensive tackle, built up more picks to build a better overall team in order to capitalize on the Packers impending implosion to win the division in 2021-22. Then, next draft, they push their chips in and move up for a quarterback with the offensive line set and the receiver corps well on its way to Life After Allen Robinson.

Lots of good offensive linemen slipped and the Bears could've been in a prime spot to grab them. This draft is deeper than it is top-heavy, adding a third round pick (or two) would've done them a load of good.

So a Qb was wrong ? And was Fields wrong ?

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought if Fields and/or Jones started to fall the bears should try to trade up and go for one of them. They did and I'm happy with the result. I hope they get a lineman later in the draft.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
So a Qb was wrong ? And was Fields wrong ?
They put the cart before the horse. The conditions for Justin Fields to succeed are not present on the Bears, from the players surrounding him on offense to the coaches tasked with developing him. Had free agency gone a different way maybe it would be a little different, but the Bears basically sat out of free agency for the third straight year (not counting Robert Quinn, who I'd rather forget exists).

And now there is no first round pick next year to grab that left tackle or wide receiver prospect that they are desperately going to be wanting to put around Justin Fields.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Fields is QB1 in 90% of drafts and got him at 11th overall. League MVP potential with his skillset.

Tonight could very well turn out to be the most important day in the history of the franchise.

I can’t fucking wait to see what’s to come.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
This was the right move. The QB crop next year is not as good as this year. The draft is not over and Pace will probably get an OL in the next 2 rounds. Fields is actually the prototypical Pace draft pick. Someone talented who slides down the draft because of injuries (Jackson, Johnson). Pace has been rewarded with this style so far.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
They put the cart before the horse. The conditions for Justin Fields to succeed are not present on the Bears, from the players surrounding him on offense to the coaches tasked with developing him. Had free agency gone a different way maybe it would be a little different, but the Bears basically sat out of free agency for the third straight year (not counting Robert Quinn, who I'd rather forget exists).

And now there is no first round pick next year to grab that left tackle or wide receiver prospect that they are desperately going to be wanting to put around Justin Fields.
Fields won’t be playing this year so technically dalton doesn’t have the conditions to win this year.

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Dalton is not going to play in 17 games this year. So Fields will be on the field as a rookie. I am alright with the move but it is boom or bust for Pace and Nagy only time will tell.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I feel like the Bears got the best of both worlds with Fields.

Hugely athletic quarterback with great legs, but also a guy who can drop back in the pocket and make the big pass.

I would not have wanted the Bears to pass up on obtaining that for the slim shot of getting someone better next draft.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I see your point and honestly was hoping for that plan up until the Fields pipe-dream started to become more possible with each earlier pick.

As said, Pace can (and better damn well) get a good OT in the 2nd or even 3rd. Very possible a WR too, or maaaaaybe even a move down in the 2nd to land a 3rd pick in the 4th or 5th?

I'm curious what'll follow Friday, but I'll be with the g/f & not glued to the picks like I was for the 1st rd - although in retrospect I'm glad I was! This was more exciting and rewarding than many recent games.
If you research up more on Fields, watch his 2nd pro-day, and listen to the dude talk; you'll see he's a rare gem IMHO. The more I saw, the more liked & I hoped for a longshot chance.

Bears nation more than deserves some G-damn hope and finally got it in Fields, who I objectively believe would've been a #1 overall in many other drafts. #nohomer

Thecoach575

Liked Posts:
I have been watching the bears draft QB's for over 2 decades now and I have to say that this is the first time I have wanted to get a QB and the Bears actually took him!
All of us were devastated in 2017 when we heard the Trubiski pick but Last Night I believe was the Change of Pace for the organization.

They invested in a legit prospect who has been in the spotlight and has performed at the highest levels of the game and has college playoff experience. He is a leader who will give the team life when we need some hope and a great feild general that the team will follow (And wont pull a Cutler and bench himself when it gets tough).

Again we now have hope and a chance at some new life on this team.

At least we will have someone that we can rally behind and being a Bears fan now doesn't seem so bleak!

The_Shadow

Simply a Bears fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I am on the fence about this pick, but only because I have wanted a complete rebuild for years now. Bears need a serious infusion of youth. Pace loaded up for a Super Bowl run that never materialized and are now stuck with those results.
I am flexible though and will wait to see what happens in round 2 and 3. A LT please?!
The 4, 6th rounders, are a crap shoot anyway.