How many years?

BearUp

Liked Posts:
So how much time does merely drafting Fields does this buy for Pace/Nagy? After all, it is possibly he will sit all season to learn as Dalton leads the offense. So, if the Bears go 7-10 this season they get another year, right? And if he comes in next year and the Bears go min-range again - you keep them on for their QB to take the next step right?

I am glad my fellow BEARS fans are excited but I am not in the slightest. I see little to no chance that Fields develops into a franchise QB and see this becoming just ANOTHER stumbling block that ensures the Bears cannot become perennial contenders for the next 6+ years. I am not to make trouble or quash excitement, I am honestly just looking for a reason to be optimistic. I am an Ohio guy, live in Ohio, watched Fields, and saw everything in him that would make him a great OH-IO qb but nothing that would translate into NFL success. I am so down right now. When I saw the Bears trade up my thought was "OH NO! Their going to pick Fields and then Belichick is going to have his QB fall into his lap".. And, UGH, exactly.

It is just my preference I suppose. I prefer a QB who can read a defense, drop back in the pocket, quickly process the action, and make the throw. I want him to have some mobility, but I want that mobility to be secondary to his primary action - read a defense, drop back in the pocket, quickly process the action, and make the throw. Again, please no hate. I am a Bears fan and hope Fields stays on the Bears and is not just the franchise guy but the GOAT. It just seems like most Bears fans are thinking "FINALLY! YES!" and I am thinking "AGAIN? NO!".

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Nagy gets two seasons. Pace...i have no clue.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Nagy's contract is up after this season. If he's still putting up points in the teens week after week, he's getting canned.

Edit: Nagy is under contract thru 2022.

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Unless they win less than 5 games next year, at least 2.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Pace is going to take over teddys job this following year. Pretty obvious boys.

The organization loves him, he was never on the hotseat.

tcmtrinity

Liked Posts:
Nagy gets two seasons. Pace...i have no clue.
I believe you have that backwards. Pace likely saved his ass last night. If Nagy isn’t able to use his QB Whisperer talents with this QB room and produce results, the Emperor clearly has no clothes.

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
So in effect what they drafted was more time for themselves?
And if Pace hits on Fields i think the only way he leaves is if he steps down.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think Nagy has 2. Pace, I think has the duration of Fields' rookie contract to make something happen. If he doesn't flourish under Nagy, he's got one HC change to correct the ship, and then out if it doesn't happen.

BearUp

Liked Posts:
So, if Fields doesn't work out... Did Pace/Nagy/Bears ruin him or was he a bad pick or both?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I can't confirm this but all Pace has been telling everyone is that this draft is a collaboration between him and Nagy. I would guess that Fields is a Nagy pick. He's been looking for a guy to run his RPO ever since he got here.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I can't wait to see what Nagy does next season with this team and Justin Fields. I think everyone can agree that Matt Nagy is the guy to take Justin Fields to elite status. I'm excited.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
I can't wait to see what Nagy does next season with this team and Justin Fields. I think everyone can agree that Matt Nagy is the guy to take Justin Fields to elite status. I'm excited.