Larry Borom

msadows

Liked Posts:
I dunno. The minute Mustipher went to C, the entire line seemed much, much better.

Doesn't mean you don't consider a replacement. I like mustipher too but its a small sample size. I don't think they liked ifedi much at RG, and bars seems like an end of roster guy to them since they had a ton of opportunities to use him.

Bust

Liked Posts:
he is a potential starter at guard......if you can get a starter in the 5th you're doing ok...plus I don't question Pace's fifth round picks....

Yep, these are all of Pace's 5th rounders...that's a fine list

2015, Adrian Amos
2016, Jordan Howard
2017, no 5th round picks
2018, Bilal Nichols
2019, no 5th round picks
2020, Darnell Mooney, Kindle Vildor

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Yep, these are all of Pace's 5th rounders...that's a fine list

2015, Adrian Amos
2016, Jordan Howard
2017, no 5th round picks
2018, Bilal Nichols
2019, no 5th round picks
2020, Darnell Mooney, Kindle Vildor
Shit in that case he should do the devil trade by moving 666 for a 5 get it done lol

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Whitehair needs to find out how to play guard because he isn't putting it together at center IMO. If he can't figure it out he may lose his spot on the team.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Leno - Whitehair - Daniels - Borom - Jenkins

or much less likely...

Jenkins - Whitehair - Mustipher - Daniels - Borom

I think we ride out Leno for 2021, see how Jenkins comes along, if we feel like he can move to LT, we move him. If we feel like he's better at RT, then we either sign/draft(early) a LT. Regardless, we've addressed the QB and OL in a BIG way in this draft. I'm very impressed with both Pace and Nagy right now.

Ifedi and Mustipher seem really nice for depth, though. Or maybe the interior is going to be Whitehair - Mustipher - Daniels, and Borom will be there for depth, at least early on in his career. Either way, our interior being 3 of Whitehair/Mustipher/Daniels/Borom sounds pretty good. I'm hyped for 4/5 of our starting OL. Lol.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
As someone who has complained about the lack of investment in the OL and how the Bears were too accepting of mediocrity on the OL, I am pumped.
How many years did Leno and Massie get 0 competition despite never being better than average? No more scholarship years for Leno, he is going to have to earn his spot.

The Bears OL has also been routinely pushed around and has been borderline soft in the run game. No more.

I like Borom, he is massive and can punish dudes. He should compete at RT which allows Jenkins to try and steal Leno’s job

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Borom will compete at RT. He is likely the backup in 2021, but long term

LT: Jenkins
LG: Whitehair
C: Mustipher
RG: Daniels
RT: Borom
With guys like Bars and Ifedi being able to backup both G and T.

Not bad

Sculpt

Liked Posts:

As someone who has complained about the lack of investment in the OL and how the Bears were too accepting of mediocrity on the OL, I am pumped.
How many years did Leno and Massie get 0 competition despite never being better than average? No more scholarship years for Leno, he is going to have to earn his spot.

The Bears OL has also been routinely pushed around and has been borderline soft in the run game. No more.

I like Borom, he is massive and can punish dudes. He should compete at RT which allows Jenkins to try and steal Leno’s job
Windy, at this point, do you think Jenkins will compete for LT in 2021, and may start there?

Also, what's your current assessment of Jenkins (as a LT)?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Windy, at this point, do you think Jenkins will compete for LT in 2021, and may start there?

Also, what's your current assessment of Jenkins (as a LT)?
I think he can play LT. He moves well enough. His kick slide isn’t amazing, but he is so damn big and physical he makes up for it.

Think Cordy Glenn.

I think you put Leno, Jenkins, Borom, and Ifedi into a competition and the best 2 play. Because for too long our mediocre OTs have had no competition and shockingly have continued to be mediocre.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I'd love to see this OL setup, but I would guess it's not likely for the 2021 season. But If Jenkins and Borom are bad asses, I'd love to see Justin Fields behind this OL.

Bust

Liked Posts:
I dunno. The minute Mustipher went to C, the entire line seemed much, much better.

Yep. The difference was night and day when Mustipher took over. Olin Kreutz explains why the Center position is important.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't pencil Borom as the RT starter...he was a 5th rounder for a reason.