Who will be getting cut?

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I suspect Pace will be looking at people getting cut and on the FA market, especially at LT and CB. And they still need to pay this draft class.

Some contracts will have to be unloaded. Hicks? Leno? Graham? ARob trade?

Rise

Liked Posts:
Quit suggesting we trade/cut ARob (everyone not just you), we need to extend him, there’s your cap space. He will be Fields best friend. Cut anyone else on your list if we have to, I’d have personally extended fuller as well so we didn’t have to lose him but what do I know.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I suspect Pace will be looking at people getting cut and on the FA market, especially at LT and CB. And they still need to pay this draft class.

Some contracts will have to be unloaded. Hicks? Leno? Graham? ARob trade?
Well he did say just this in his end of draft presser which i posted in another thread so he's definitely looking at free agents and cut candidates.

Zack Pearson
@Zack_Pearson
Ryan Pace says the #Bears will still look at the free agent market as well as potential cuts that they are watching closely.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think fans are going to be shocked at some of the cuts that are going to happen.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see a shake up on the O-line and other positions during camp.

This draft delivered one clear message:

The Bears want to get meaner in the trenches.

And I am here for that.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I'm no cap guru, but it seems to be the most efficient cuts (money-wise only) are Graham and Hicks.

caphit.PNG

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The Bears are going to have a franchise QB on a rookie contract. Now is the time to do a deal with Allen Robinson. If Jenkins is ready, I’m cutting Leno post June 1st. I like the idea of Jenkins and Ifedi with Bars and Borom as the backups. They also have Wilkinson in the mix. Simmons and Hambright are coming into their second year under Castillo too. Leno carved out a nice career as a 7th round pick but he is soft and his play is rapidly declining from mediocre to pretty awful. I do applaud his ability to stay on the field but he’s just not that good at football.

If Fields does play this year, having Graham in the fold will be valuable for a young QB.

In 2022, Dalton or Foles will be gone too.

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’m ready to give Leno competition. I’m not ready to anoint a career college right tackle immediately to the all important left tackle position.

But maybe if you cut Leno post June 1st and use some of that money toward Eric Fisher..... ?‍♂️

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I’m ready to give Leno competition. I’m not ready to anoint a career college right tackle immediately to the all important left tackle position.

But maybe if you cut Leno post June 1st and use some of that money toward Eric Fisher..... ?‍♂️
Not a bad idea... What’s his time table for a return?

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cutting ARob or Hicks makes this team immediately worse. Neither is making market value for their skills
And we don’t have an adequate replacement on the roster.

Yes, Hicks is aging but is still a top player and difference maker at his position.

Leno and Graham are more obvious candidates to cut, but extending ARob is the correct move to save cap.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Maybe by camp. It’s a short turnaround but doable. Then you have him at LT and Jenkins at RT. I could get behind that no problem. Put Dalton out there for several games until EF has worked back into shape.
Plus, he obviously knows the system.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cutting ARob or Hicks makes this team immediately worse. Neither is making market value for their skills
And we don’t have an adequate replacement on the roster.

Yes, Hicks is aging but is still a top player and difference maker at his position.

Leno and Graham are more obvious candidates to cut, but extending ARob is the correct move to save cap.
Agree extending AR is the correct move. My only concern with cutting Graham and Leno is who replaces them? I definitely don’t want to just anoint Jenkins as starting LT. And the Bears need more than Kmet at TE.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agree extending AR is the correct move. My only concern with cutting Graham and Leno is who replaces them? I definitely don’t want to just anoint Jenkins as starting LT. And the Bears need more than Kmet at TE.

Leno is a cut you look at after evaluating Jenkins at LT (and the rest of the line). I don’t mind the cut later in the off-season.

I’m not sure if some desperate team would give up anything for him but Leno plays a premium position and you let your hand play out.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Kmet?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Without making cuts and signing an FA, I don't think Leno can be cut.

I wouldn't seriously consider Jenkins replacing Leno. Am I correct in that Jenkins primarily played RT in college?

Why didn't he play LT? Did the other tackle on his college team get drafted? Why would he make the switch in the pros?