Interesting Responses From 16 Team Scouts About Fields

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Lawrence is a great prospect. I don't buy him as an all time great prospect as he was sold by the media, but he's worthy of the #1 pick.

It's Trey Lance that shocks me. Trey Lance over Justin Fields is peak NFL stupidity. Thank god. But it's literally insane. By literally any metric, Fields is the superior prospect.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Someone on ABC said Fields has a much better long ball than Lawrence. They were ranked 1&2 for a good while. Unsure what made so many teams get uneasy about Fields.
Teams and analysts are afraid of non traditional passers. They prefer guys that stand in the pocket mostly and sling it. I bet Josh Fields reminds many of these people of Cam Newton.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are we salesman for Fields now?

Is Lawrence's deep ball poor? Because I don't see alot of accuracy or spiral from Fields. Alot of muscled throws, he gets the ball there. He's a good athlete and playmaker and he gets the ball there, but its not a throwers ball. Nagy can probably help him alot.

I'd like to see better touch and anticipation. Touch and spiral seem to be lacking in Fields right now.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lawrence is a great prospect. I don't buy him as an all time great prospect as he was sold by the media, but he's worthy of the #1 pick.

It's Trey Lance that shocks me. Trey Lance over Justin Fields is peak NFL stupidity. Thank god. But it's literally insane. By literally any metric, Fields is the superior prospect.
I agree with this.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Someone on ABC said Fields has a much better long ball than Lawrence. They were ranked 1&2 for a good while. Unsure what made so many teams get uneasy about Fields.
Being a Georgia guy, they have been the 2 top guys for years. Both are from north of ATL. Like all the way to high school comparisons. Lawrence had sort of a “cleaner” college path. Kirby Smart made the genius move to start Fromm over Fields and he transferred to OSU.

Ive been saying it for months-they are a helluva lot closer in ability than people think and I feel Fields definitely has the higher ceiling.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't particularly like what went down on day 3, so I will go on record what I think should have happened.

My dream draft
1. Fields QB1
2. Jenkins RT
5. Jamar Johnson S Indiana
6. Khalil Herbert RB3 Virg Tech
6. Trey Smith RT/LT2/Swing1 Tennessee
6. Thomas Graham Jr. CB Oregon
7. Marvin Wilson DT USC

Wimms and Ridley will beat out Newsome for time. The other two will go to PS and disappear.
This draft had a chance to be epic and land 4 eventual starters and a starting nickel, good back-up RB and rotation DT.
A- for me. This roster is paper thin. But love the picks fields and cobra Kai.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace throws several picks away every year. There are certain positions you are extremely unlikely to hit on in the later rounds. These guys withe 30 out of 100 grades we got, 3 of them...aren't going to make it.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Pace throws several picks away every year. There are certain positions you are extremely unlikely to hit on in the later rounds. These guys withe 30 out of 100 grades we got, 3 of them...aren't going to make it.

I mean, the majority of late round picks don't make it.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
One scout's take. Fields = Henry Burris

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It happens every year. There's too much time between the final college games and the draft. Teams overthink everything and sometimes the measurables will have one guy skyrocket up the board while other guys will plummet for no real good reason. What does a guy do on the field? That's what should count. After watching Fields gut out a historically great performance against Clemson in the college semi-final game I knew that guy was legit. He shredded a team full of future pros while injured. He's athletic, a true duel threat, great team leader and and gritty.

It's fantastic the Bears were able to trade up and snag him and the fan base deserves this. My concern now is the Bears coaching staff will fail to develop him properly or surround him with enough talent to succeed. Someone talk me off the ledge.
I can't disagree with your post: Fields is the best QB prospect ever drafted by the Bears. I wish I could tell you the bumblefuck staff that managed to pull their heads out of their asses for a few rounds of a draft won't fuck him up to high heaven. I really hope they don't, and that's not for me as the Bears fan; that's for me as the football fan...a guy who gets his ribs broke and then torches an elite SEC team for six TD deserves a favorable NFL fate.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was some point in the day today and the blonde stat woman from NFL Network was on and she said that she talked to scouts from 16 of the 32 teams about Fields. Well, she may have talked to scouts from all 32 teams, but 16 scouts finally felt secure enough to give their scouting opinions about Fields on day 3 of the draft.

Of the 16 team scouts that responded about Fields QB ranking, a solid 8 of them said that their teams had Fields ranked higher than Trevor Lawrence.

Maybe they were blowing smoke up her ass, but 50% of the teams that responded had Fields as QB1.

And we got him at 11.

QB1, QB2.... whatever. it's a coin flip at that point. either or neither could be a stud

it's just insane that bears are in that conversation at all

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Are we salesman for Fields now?

Is Lawrence's deep ball poor? Because I don't see alot of accuracy or spiral from Fields. Alot of muscled throws, he gets the ball there. He's a good athlete and playmaker and he gets the ball there, but its not a throwers ball. Nagy can probably help him alot.

I'd like to see better touch and anticipation. Touch and spiral seem to be lacking in Fields right now.
Remember how wrong you were about Patrick Williams when the Bulls drafted him? Maybe you should just completely and totally stop with your scouting reports. Like now. Just stop.