Who will be getting cut?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cut Graham, extend Arob. Keep Leno around unless there is an upgrade in F.A.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Extending Arob will help with the cap...

I think they keep Graham around another year....

They may even extend Hicks a year and restructure or cut him.....I don't see his current salary sticking......

They better hope like hell Quinn produces this year

BEARSWAGGER

Liked Posts:
What’s the deal with Cody Whitehairs contract? It seems with Mustipher, Bars and Daniels along with the draft picks he could be trimmed for cap space. Not saying I want that but would it save some money?

greg23

Liked Posts:
What’s the deal with Cody Whitehairs contract? It seems with Mustipher, Bars and Daniels along with the draft picks he could be trimmed for cap space. Not saying I want that but would it save some money?
I think he could be the surprise cut/trade

Ralpf

Liked Posts:
There is not much they can do with Whitehair's contract. A cut right now would be a net 0 cap change if after June 1st. Maybe they could extend him, but he is contracted through 2025, that just makes things worse later, and wouldn't help much now.

Next year they could save some money with a cut if desired.

BEARSWAGGER

Liked Posts:
There is not much they can do with Whitehair's contract. A cut right now would be a net 0 cap change if after June 1st. Maybe they could extend him, but he is contracted through 2025, that just makes things worse later, and wouldn't help much now.

Next year they could save some money with a cut if desired.

Think he holds any trade value?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I’m ready to give Leno competition. I’m not ready to anoint a career college right tackle immediately to the all important left tackle position.

But maybe if you cut Leno post June 1st and use some of that money toward Eric Fisher..... ?‍♂️
Will Fisher be ready by training camp or preseason? Still got R.Okung and A.Villenueva out there for LT as well.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bunch of guys on the O line...

Right now on roster:
Bars
Borom
Daniels
Eiselen
Hambright
Ifredi
Jenkins
Leno
Mustipher
Simmons
Traone
Whithair
Wilkenson

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Agree extending AR is the correct move. My only concern with cutting Graham and Leno is who replaces them? I definitely don’t want to just anoint Jenkins as starting LT. And the Bears need more than Kmet at TE.
If it comes down to we just have to cut one then the one that we have the best replacements for is A.Hicks with B.Nichols and M.Edwards and the guy we signed that played for Arizona last year. Forgot his name. Not saying i wanna cut Hicks cause none of those guys will replace his leadership and energy he brings to this defense but his production can get close to replaced.

Last edited:

Ralpf

Liked Posts:
A trade is the same as a cut when it comes to the Bears cap. Any trade would have to occur post June 1st to happen, before June 1st we would get a massive cap hit, after June 1st we would save 1 mil. Probably not worth it.

Edit: I should clarify that the current contract value gets traded, but any guaranteed money has to be paid by the team that signed the contract, which is the issue with Whitehair's contract.

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
So if we did cut J.Graham then who do we replace him with cause we would need another TE to replace him and a savy vet would be nice especially one good in the red zone where Jimmy is most effective. Would he take a pay cut?

T.Eifert
D.Fells
R.Rodgers

Probably can get any of the 3 for around $1 mil.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Right now on roster:
Bars
Borom
Daniels
Eiselen
Hambright
Ifredi
Jenkins
Leno
Mustipher
Simmons
Traone
Whithair
Wilkenson
Clear starters on the interior with developing depth. Arguably we could upgrade at C—I like Mustipher as a spark plug for the line—and LT is a need unless Jenkins fills there. Ifedi at RT is okay to fill this year. I feel a lot better if all we need to do is develop a RT to replace him. Borom is a possibility. Not sure about Wilkinson as swing T.

greg23

Liked Posts:

Right now on roster:
Bars
Borom
Daniels
Eiselen
Hambright
Ifredi
Jenkins
Leno
Mustipher
Simmons
Traone
Whithair
Wilkenson
Barring any injuries or trades; my thoughts:

Traone...cut

Simmons, Hambright, eiselen....practice squad

Other 9 make the team

Still worried about only 1 real center and only 1 real LT (whos shown they are somewhat effective in the nfl)

Still holding out hope for cap space to sign fisher

think they're hoping Borom replacement at guard for whitehair (likely next year)

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Barring any injuries or trades; my thoughts:

Traone...cut

Simmons, Hambright, eiselen....practice squad

Other 9 make the team

Still worried about only 1 real center and only 1 real LT (whos shown they are somewhat effective in the nfl)

Still holding out hope for cap space to sign fisher

think they're hoping Borom replacement at guard for whitehair (likely next year)

Is it a hint at the intent that almost all of the highlights the Bears made of Borom are of him at RT?
Of course ability will rule where he goes and I also think his versatility gets him picked with the Bears liking to shuffle people around.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hope Quinn can contribute something cause that contract is a damn albatross.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Hope Quinn can contribute something cause that contract is a damn albatross.
Heard he had something called Drop Foot and played with it all last year. He was great the couple years before in Dallas. I was very happy with the signing. Thought he was even better than Mack with consistent pressure. Don't know any other player that had it or what his chances are at being 100% this year. Love the idea of Mack - Hicks - Quinn rushing the passer if all 3 healthy. Big if I know.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
A lot of who gets cut is going to depend on the post June 1st cuts and the wave of free agency that happens after that.

Don't think it will simply be cutting Hicks and Graham to free up money to sign whoever.

If the Bears feel they can upgrade at a position, the cuts will likely come at that position regardless of whether other positions can save them more cat money.

As it is, even with his contract, Graham was really productive for the Bears last season so I don't see them getting rid of him. Unless some stud at his position becomes available, I also think Hicks sticks around simply because they don't have a legit replacement for him.

I know those are the positions that will open up the most cap room but I don't think the Bears will be going into it like that.

That is why I think people will be shocked by who stays and who goes this season.

I do think however that both Hicks and Graham will be gone after the season.

Ralpf

Liked Posts:
Heard he had something called Drop Foot and played with it all last year. He was great the couple years before in Dallas. I was very happy with the signing. Thought he was even better than Mack with consistent pressure. Don't know any other player that had it or what his chances are at being 100% this year. Love the idea of Mack - Hicks - Quinn rushing the passer if all 3 healthy. Big if I know.

Drop foot is where you can't, or struggle to, lift the front part of your foot, it would depend on what is causing it to say if that would get better, if it is permanent that's not good for a football player, especially a pass rusher.

Alex Smith has drop foot in his leg that had to be put back together, since he no long has the muscles in front of his lower leg. He got a graft to maintain proper blood flow and protect the bone, but it is no longer usable in a mechanical (better word here, but not coming to me) sense, that's my understanding anyway.