Chicago No To Moving Bears Stadium

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The Bears contributed 200 million to that project and it was the largest private contribution ever to a publicly owned stadium.
How much have owners contributed to those billion dollar stadiums?

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
How much have owners contributed to those billion dollar stadiums?
Those are privately owned..SF is publicly owned.
Plus, those privately owned stadiums get tax money as well

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Those are privately owned..SF is publicly owned.
Plus, those privately owned stadiums get tax money as well
I know they get tax money I’m wondering how much are they on the hook personally and how much do they leach off tax payers

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Exactly. Don't the Giants and Jets play in East Rutherford, NJ? I know Miami plays in Miami Gardens and not actual Miami.

Cowboys play in Arlington

Redskins play in Ladover

49ers plays over an hour drive with traffic to Santa Clara.

Rams/Chargers play in Inglewood

Raiders play in Paradise NV

etc
etc

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know they get tax money I’m wondering how much are they on the hook personally and how much do they leach off tax payers
Well, In the case of the Cowboys, the City of Arlington forked over 325 million .

Here is a good article on the subject of tax dollars going to privately owned stadiums

In the case of Soldier Field, at least the city can rent it out on 357 days of the year as the Bears only use it for 8 days.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Well, In the case of the Cowboys, the City of Arlington forked over 325 million .

Here is a good article on the subject of tax dollars going to privately owned stadiums

In the case of Soldier Field, at least the city can rent it out on 357 days of the year as the Bears only use it for 8 days.
Sometimes they do use it for 10 days lol lol. But yeah I think it’s ridiculous how much tax payer money goes to billionaires. Low key makes me just as sick seeing companies like Walmart get tax breaks to the point they open free stores all across the country.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The Bears have a lease with The Chicago Park District on Soldier Field until 2033..I think what Lightfoot is saying is that they won't let the Bears out of their lease agreement. That would kill any chance of them moving without getting sued by the city. The Bears could pay off the lease or negotiate a settlement if the city is willing, and that would free them up
You don't sign a lease agreement unless your side has an exit clause.

That being said, the Bears will never move because in the Mccaskeys are idiots for nostalgia.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The two best venues in chicago are United Center and Sox Park. Plenty of parking, easy access to roads and highways, and easy access to rideshare.

Wrigley field and soldiers field are nightmares. Lack of parking. Traffic congestion, and hard to get to. Little to no access to rideshare.

Take public transportation.

Reactions: WCL

TL1961

Liked Posts:
They couldn’t really call themselves the Chicago Bears if they did, and I’m not sure how I feel about that.
on one hand, it would make them more money, which in this world means more competitive.
otoh, Chicago, love it hate it, is an iconic city that the Bears identity will be forever intertwined.
easy call when you look at the money, tough call on the identity....
You sound like Mayor Daley.

They can call theselves any damn thing they want. They can move to Arlington Heights and call themselves the London Bears if they feellike it. What the hell can the city of Chicago do about it?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It'd be nice for many reasons to have that new stadium but you better believe any long time Bears fan will always miss Soldier Field no matter how much you love the new stadium.

I'm from New York and a huge Mets fan and all long time Mets fans, that i know, still miss Shea stadium to this day cause it just had that thing you grew up loving and loved going to.
Soldier Field, before the renovation, was the single worst venue for being able to actually see the game that I have ever been to.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The two best venues in chicago are United Center and Sox Park. Plenty of parking, easy access to roads and highways, and easy access to rideshare.

Wrigley field and soldiers field are nightmares. Lack of parking. Traffic congestion, and hard to get to. Little to no access to rideshare.
How is Soldier Field hard to get to?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Dallas plays in Arlington, LA plays outside of LA, and I'm pretty sure there are more teams that play outside city limits
The Los Angeles.... Anaheim.... California...... Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim play...I forgot where I was going with this.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Soldier Field, before the renovation, was the single worst venue for being able to actually see the game that I have ever been to.
I get it but i'm more talking about just the history of Soldier Field and going to games there more than i'm talking about parking or how hard it is to get there or get out of there or how it's hard to see everything depending on where you're sitting. There's definitely negatives with the place which are the reasons why it would be great to have a new stadium but i would bet most long time fans will miss Soldier Field even being able to enjoy many things with a new place.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Best move Bears could make. Train station already on grounds, on NW Highway at the 53(355) exit about 1 mile north of 90. Easy access from all directions except the North Shore but could still catch 294 to 90.
The train station does make it perfect.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Spend maybe a billion dollars to host 8 games a year? Yea sounds like good use of state taxpayers money. I know.."It's for the children". Waste
Duh.

They build a roofed stadium to handle things like concerts, NCAA Tourney, wrestling shows or a Super Bowl....it could be a gold mine if done correctly.

For the first time in years I went to a Bear game about three years ago....I swore I'd never go back. It was better but still antiquated. Chicago has been in need of a world class facility for years, Arlington Park's closing is the opening they need.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
All of your points are taken. I understand and concede all of them. It’d just be weird to not have them in Chicago....