Justin Fields floor

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
listening to the latest Hoge and Jahns podcast and Jahns said that he thinks the floor is basically a Cam Newton career. this seems kinda high to me what about you guys?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What Cam Newton we talking about? 2020 or 2015? I'd wager Fields is better than Newton right now.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
listening to the latest Hoge and Jahns podcast and Jahns said that he thinks the floor is basically a Cam Newton career. this seems kinda high to me what about you guys?
So his floor is an nfl mvp? What the fuck is his ceiling? 8 Superbowl championships and mvps? I think his floor is Randall Cunningham. Will have some good years and win a playoff game or two and make a pro bowl or two but wont really win big but will bring a lot of fun and excitement. His ceiling is somewhere between Mahomes and Wilson.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
So his floor is an nfl mvp? What the fuck is his ceiling? 8 Superbowl championships and mvps? I think his floor is Randall Cunningham. Will have some good years and win a playoff game or two and make a pro bowl or two but wont really win big but will bring a lot of fun and excitement. His ceiling is somewhere between Mahomes and Wilson.
that’s what i was thinking as well. Maybe he means the recent Cam Newton, but he certainly didn’t specify that.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The Cam Newton comparison is almost as dumb as the RG3 comparison. Justin Fields is a generational talent and brings his own unique skillset.

But he can't be compared to another player? We really don't know until he starts playing.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
that’s what i was thinking as well. Maybe he means the recent Cam Newton, but he certainly didn’t specify that.
If its recent Cam then hes basically saying JF is a bust. Cam cant pass for shit! JF is a great, not good but a great passer. If he wasnt athletic he`d still be one of the best qbs in this draft based on his arm talent alone. People are really underestimating just how great JF could potentially be.

Speed

Liked Posts:
If the floor is an MVP sign me up. I'm guessing he means if the passing doesn't quite pan out, rather than a direct playstyle comparison?

I'm hoping Fields is some combo of recent athletic QBs we've seen like Wilson, Rodgers, Watson, Murray. Passers that just happen to be able to run, but it's probably a pie-in-the-sky ask, definitely don't want to get my hopes too high. Sippin the koolaid here, but how JF lays that deep ball out there in a spot definitely gives me shades of DangeRuss.

bufordht

Liked Posts:
I think he's much more boom or bust than that. I'd put his floor as Colin kaepernick. Couple good years but gets figured out. Not that he's anything like Kap, but just that kind of career.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Randall Cunningham is better than scam newton

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
If its recent Cam then hes basically saying JF is a bust. Cam cant pass for shit! JF is a great, not good but a great passer. If he wasnt athletic he`d still be one of the best qbs in this draft based on his arm talent alone. People are really underestimating just how great JF could potentially be.
Well he’s had two rotator cuff surgeries what do you expect that shit takes a toll especially 30+

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Randall Cunningham is better than scam newton
No. Hes not. No disrespect to RC but he was not as good as Cam. Youre forgetting the player he was before his foot injury 3 years ago. Hes been a shell of himself since. Theyre comparable but Cam is a bit better.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think he's much more boom or bust than that. I'd put his floor as Colin kaepernick. Couple good years but gets figured out. Not that he's anything like Kap, but just that kind of career.

You’re correct, he’s nothing like Kap. One had a career 58% completion percentage in the WAC. Another had a 68% completion percentage in the Big 10. Fields is much more accomplished as a thrower and faster as a runner.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
No. Hes not. No disrespect to RC but he was not as good as Cam. Youre forgetting the player he was before his foot injury 3 years ago. Hes been a shell of himself since. Theyre comparable but Cam is a bit better.
I guess we are comparing level of play. For longevity I think RC had a better career and due to different eras I think he would have been better, but if we are just talking peaks in their respective eras I guess I give it to Cam

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Jay Cutler is his floor imo. Big Arm, good mobility but we need to know if he has the ability to read defenses and not force things

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's the NFL. The floor is broken. Ducks.