from 0 to 60

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I feel the same way. I thought (and still think-to some degree) that we were in store for a 4-5 win season with Dalton starting at quarterback, but at least now we have something to actually look forward to, even if the team isn't any good this year, which I still think they won't be unless Fields starts day 1 and exceeds expectations.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Literally went from giving 0 fucks about this season to wanting it to start tomorrow.
It can't come soon enough. I can't remember the last time i clicked on ESPN or NFL.COM for content and i've been non-stop snorting anything Bears I can find. Inject it into my veins. This was literally the only pick that would do this for me.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
I feel the same way. I thought (and still think-to some degree) that we were in store for a 4-5 win season with Dalton starting at quarterback, but at least now we have something to actually look forward to, even if the team isn't any good this year, which I still think they won't be unless Fields starts day 1 and exceeds expectations.
This team had an absolutely awful offense last season, a tough schedule and still managed 8 wins. Why do people keep saying 4 or 5 wins with Dalton? Is he that much worse than Scrubisky or Foles? I dont think so.

mecha

Liked Posts:
This team had an absolutely awful offense last season, a tough schedule and still managed 8 wins. Why do people keep saying 4 or 5 wins with Dalton? Is he that much worse than Scrubisky or Foles? I dont think so.
SOS always winds up changing as the season progresses anyway. you can't determine SOS based on the previous season. this is why CCS always goes "OMGWTFBBQ THIS IS GOING TO BE A TOUGH SCHEDULE" and the Bears still float to mediocrity. for several years they lost games based on very fixable and preventable gaffes. the coaching for whatever reason never picks up on or corrects this.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Well, he's made a huge mess of the cap space, and that will not help.

That's just the function of missing on a first round quarterback.

Even with the cap space as tight as it was everything was geared up and lined up for Mitch trubisky's third and fourth year. However because Mitch wasn't the guy all that cap space now feels wasted.

They're going to try to win again this year and get to the playoffs but they are going to be remaking some of the roster on the way as they reset and prepare to line things up for Justin fields' third and fourth years.

Liked Posts:
Let’s not pretend they didn’t have some miracle wins to start the season. That same team that went on a 6 game losing streak.

If you simulate the 2020 season multiple times, this is the one rare occasion they win 8 games and make the playoffs.

Im excited for the season to start simply bc of our draft picks, but I don’t expect this team to win 8 games next year or come close.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:

I expect the defense to take another step back after losing Kyle Fuller and not really adding anybody of significance in the off-season to make me feel any better about their lack of ability to rush the passer and create turnovers.

The offense still lacks explosive playmakers. Nobody besides Darnell Mooney scares you as a defense, and they don't have enough team speed at the skill positions.

Lastly, the opponents they are set up to face is going to be brutal. Aside from their usual 2 games against GB, they get the AFC North and NFC West this year, and also have to play Tom Brady again..

All things considered, this team isn't setup to be a playoff contender unless Justin Fields starts week 1 and plays above expectations. Great quarterbacks can offset a lot of things, but I don't think it's wise to assume that's going to happen right away.

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Well, he's made a huge mess of the cap space, and that will not help.
You can't really hate on him for going for it after going 12-4 and thinking we had a QB we can win with after going 12-4 with Trubisky. That's what teams do when they think they have their QB cause it's best to go for it when you have a QB on his rookie contract. Now of course it obviously didn't work but he was all in at that point.

I know he just made what could be some great moves in this draft that could put us not only back on track but we could actually have our franchise QB now because of Ryan Pace. Hate him or not.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It can't come soon enough. I can't remember the last time i clicked on ESPN or NFL.COM for content and i've been non-stop snorting anything Bears I can find. Inject it into my veins. This was literally the only pick that would do this for me.
It's really hard for me to concentrate cause i'm a little teary eyed after seeing you liked a post i made (1st time for everything) but i think we might be becoming friends. ?

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bandwagoner