legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
- Lawrence will show struggles due to his team, but he'll make players around him better. I have no idea what Meyer is going to look like as a NFL coach, but Lawrence will set him up for success. He's been the man to beat for years in NCAA, is he built to take some L's in stride and turn around a franchise?

- Zach Wilson looks absolutely fucking phenomenal in shorts, but he's going to NY, who's just as tough if not tougher on QB's than Chicago. His HC is brand new, his OC is even more inexperienced and a question mark until proven otherwise while the roster flatout sucks. He's got a tough road ahead and needs to be a very strong voice in the locker room to turn this sinking ship around.

- Trey Lance went to an elite play caller and the PA run game Shanny runs fits him so fucking well. He's setup to have a great young career when JG is pulled, but can he overcome a possible shift backwards on defense? Losing Saleh, Sherman, Buckner in '20, could be a lot to overcome.

- Fields is going to a team in turmoil, a few core players are aging but the team is still talented, the OL is a question mark until proven otherwise, the play caller has struggled to get anything going on offense albeit with bad QB play, but the coach is young and could learn from past mistakes. The offense has young playmakers and the best, most dependable WR out of all the teams who took a QB. Chicago is like an old showroom '70 Chevelle that's been parked for 3 years waiting for new spark plugs and wires, Fields may ignite that SOB, or Nagy proves to be a shitty mechanic and it all goes up in flames.

- Mac Jones lucked out into a great program and went to a team that fits his skillset extremely well. His new WRs and OL are a big downgrade from what he's used to working with, there will be a learning curve, but his coaching staff will benefit his growth.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I chose the first 2 in the draft, merely because of the teams they went to. I suppose I could have listed Fields as well due to the team he went to.... but figured I'd give him the benefit of the doubt... due to my current homerism.... ;)

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Lawrence - Will have an Andrew Luck-type impact. Will put up lots of pretty numbers, but ultimately will have a career similar to Matt Ryans

WIlson - Will end up when all is said and done, just an ok NFL starter. He won't be backup material, but he won't be special either. He will at least stabilize the Jets.

Lance - Will bust out horribly as the 49ers hubris bites them in the ass

Jones - Will show some promise but will ultimately be remembered as the pick and the quarterback that got Bellicheck fired from New England.

Fields - Will have the best career of all of them, and will spend at least 15 years as a top 5 quarterback in the league...

Nelly

Liked Posts:
If I had to pick two busts, I'm going Lance and Wilson. Wilson was decent his first two years then exploded in a wacky covid year. Lance is an inaccurate thrower down field who played against worse competition than Wilson.

Fields has a chance to bust as well but I wouldn't bank on it: not after he got disrespected by the league in falling to 11. It's Deshaun Watson all over again, except Fields is more physically talented.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
IDK, but, my gut says

WPOHBR6CRFB55HXE5DJB672IQM.jpg

+

1620048237944.png

=

clausen-panthers-released.jpg

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think Lawrence could bust in the sense that he won't have Peyton Manning like impact. He has very high expectations that I could see him not reaching. He should have a good career though imo.

Think Wilson and Lance have the best odds of completely busting. Maybe not Ryan Leaf type level of bust, but Trubisky type bust. Lance has thrown 200 career passes in college. I believe there is a high correlation between college QBs who have experience and those who do well in the league. Wilson is just in a tough spot. Honestly, could turn out like Sam Darnold. Is that a bust? Idk, but not great for #2 overall.

I think Mac is likely an average NFL QB. Nothing special, but you could do a lot worse. Middle of the road type of guy.

And OFC, Fields is going to be the best one. A lot of homerism here lol.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I chose the first 2 in the draft, merely because of the teams they went to. I suppose I could have listed Fields as well due to the team he went to.... but figured I'd give him the benefit of the doubt... due to my current homerism.... ;)
The Bears went to the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years with Trubisky. They now have a better Oline and a potential top 10 qb to start the season. Yes, I think Fields is a top 10 QB by mid season if he starts day 1.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Lance and Wilson are the obvious choices because of lack of competition and or experience, although Lance is going into a great situation and probably will get to sit and learn for a season.

NYJ are a a true dumpster fire of an organization, although I like Saleh and think he has a pretty good chance to right the ship. Still, it's the worst situation to be in.

I think Jones is a great fit in New England, he is born to play in the Perkins system and has a lot of Brady traits. I would consider him a high bust potential in the wrong spot.

I am a huge fan of Lawrence and think his floor and ceiling are both very high.

I think Fields also has a very high ceiling and his athleticism and high level experience put his floor pretty high too, but he will take some time and coaching for things to slow down for him. Situation could be an issue for him.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears went to the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years with Trubisky. They now have a better Oline and a potential top 10 qb to start the season. Yes, I think Fields is a top 10 QB by mid season if he starts day 1.
They 'went to the playoffs' on the back(s) of Vic Fangio and a defense that was in its prime and "stumbled into" the playoffs last year. The only thing Mitch had to with Playoffs is playing in each game and shitting himself in each game.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think Fields also has a very high ceiling and his athleticism and high level experience put his floor pretty high too, but he will take some time and coaching for things to slow down for him. Situation could be an issue for him.
Think you're right on Fields, but nobody wants to say it because we all still have PTSD from Trubisky. He has incredible potential, Bears fans just have to hope that Nagy can help him succeed. Which is a bit scary. Nagy basically gave up on Trubisky. It also wasn't 'his' guy so I suppose there is hope.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Really difficult this year because of situation.

Voted Jones and Lance but Belichick is great at scheming to get the most out of what his players can do and away from what they can't. He'll get the protection he requires. Same is true of Lance and his QB guru head coach. While I think these guys are most likely to bust before assigning teams, not so sure.

Wilson translates well to the next level but may take a while to get his reads down. Thing is, he's accurate on or off platform (most of the top 3) and mobile enough to stay in plays. He'll make enough chicken salad out of chicken shit to start until he acclimates.

Lawrence is solid but I don't think he's better than Fields. His size, personality and success along with top ability got him where he is. Easy to like and see as a leader

Fields may be the safest pick to make it and that usually means you give up some ceiling but not in this case. :) His overly scrutinized slightly introverted nature and ability to assimilate quickly (shorter film study) may have hurt him along with the medicals which seems silly. I see him as a stoic foundation to build from.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lawrence - I think he will be a solid starter, but wont live up to the hype because the unrealistic high expectations.

Wilson - Might have a Trubisky like start. A lot of flashes but no success because of the team around him he will be viewed as very inconsistent.

Lance - Not going to start this year and will lose confidence and then crumble under pressure when they need him. Complete BUST!

Jones - Another bust. He will be another great backup QB that NE is great at finding. I think Bill will replace him with a veteran like Rodgers or Matt Ryan and then trade him.

Fields - Starts at as a top 10 QB and makes the Bears a perennial playoff team, wins a SB and is constantly talked as top 3 QB with Mahomes and Burrow.

Last edited:

kalmavet

Liked Posts:
I love how Fields doesn't have a vote yet with roughly 50 votes in the books. Yes, Bears board, so of course. But my point is, this pick has united the fan base in way no recent QB has.

Reactions: Myk

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Wow, 0 bust votes so far for Fields... Where's the CCS racists and Michigan fans hiding today?? Probably because the votes are public, huh...

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
OIP.Xgngdhup6ZB9oHKiTMeXbwHaEc

This guy is going to get killed by someone. Imagine someone like Hicks falling on top of him.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Lawrence - I think he will be a solid starter, but wont live up to the hype because the unrealistic high expectations.

Wilson - Might have a Trubisky like start. A lot of flashes but no success because of the team around him he will be viewed as very inconsistent.

Lance - Not going to start this year and will lose confidence and then crumble under pressure when they need him. Complete BUST!

Jones - Another bust. He will be another great backup QB that NE is great at finding. I think Bill will replace him with a veteran like Rodgers or Matt Ryan and then trade him.

Fields - Starts at as a top 10 QB and makes the Bears a perianal payoff team, wins a SB and is constantly talked as top 3 QB with Mahomes and Burrow.
I hope the bears aren't a perianal payoff team. I don't want to be anywhere near the butthole, that belongs to detroit.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
OIP.Xgngdhup6ZB9oHKiTMeXbwHaEc

This guy is going to get killed by someone. Imagine someone like Hicks falling on top of him.
I think him simply because there was reports he's kind of a spoiled brat like manziel was. If things go wrong, that market could tear him apart

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I love how Fields doesn't have a vote yet with roughly 50 votes in the books. Yes, Bears board, so of course. But my point is, this pick has united the fan base in way no recent QB has.

Well the same people I unblocked for Cutler and then had to instantly reblock for Trubisky are not getting another chance.