from 0 to 60

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's really hard for me to concentrate cause i'm a little teary eyed after seeing you liked a post i made (1st time for everything) but i think we might be becoming friends. ?
If Fields becomes what i believe he can be, a lot of us will no longer be constantly going at each others throats.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
FEELIN' LIKE A KID AGIAN...
monophy.gif

Last edited:

MurrDogg34

Liked Posts:
I remember the same fervor over the summer Mitch was drafted.
Not at all the same. There was so much mixed reaction with that pick. Do you not remember the reaction of the fans on tv? That was 90% of the fans reaction to the pick after the trade up. However, with Fields, 90% of the fans were flat out stoked.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
too bad i cant drive my tesla right now from draft excitement, drank more today then the past 3 days..i need this tho...
tenor.gif

GOFUNDME ?

Last edited:

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I feel the same way. I thought (and still think-to some degree) that we were in store for a 4-5 win season with Dalton starting at quarterback, but at least now we have something to actually look forward to, even if the team isn't any good this year, which I still think they won't be unless Fields starts day 1 and exceeds expectations.
Dalton is better than Foles or Trubisky. Goldman back, Daniels back. before the draft 7-8 wins were the floor.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think most of us were just happy that Pace had the conviction to get his QB and understood that none of us really know how they'll turn out. I'll stay positive with Fields for 2 years and change regardless of overall play. Not ignore his mistakes but not call him a bust before it's time. I can say that when listening to the draft and heard about the trade up, I was scratching my head. I think that already soured the deal for a lot of fans. That part was meh for me because I had no idea what was happening behind the scenes and if Mitch hit, it would be water under the bridge.

I'm just happy Mitch reverted in the the last 2 games and was a big enough fail that he didn't get extended like I considered Pace might do before that. Seems one thing Pace is OK at is accepting his own mistakes... or Nagy just told him he's had enough, LOL.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
too bad i cant drive my tesla right now from draft excitement, drank more today then the past 3 days..i need this tho...
tenor.gif

GOFUNDME ?
Fuck that. Hasbro had electric cars way before Tesla.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think most of us were just happy that Pace had the conviction to get his QB and understood that none of us really know how they'll turn out. I'll stay positive with Fields for 2 years and change regardless of overall play. Not ignore his mistakes but not call him a bust before it's time. I can say that when listening to the draft and heard about the trade up, I was scratching my head. I think that already soured the deal for a lot of fans. That part was meh for me because I had no idea what was happening behind the scenes and if Mitch hit, it would be water under the bridge.

I'm just happy Mitch reverted in the the last 2 games and was a big enough fail that he didn't get extended like I considered Pace might do before that. Seems one thing Pace is OK at is accepting his own mistakes... or Nagy just told him he's had enough, LOL.
I'm a huge fan of the Fields pick, but I don't get emotionally tied to the picks. If he goes out there and starts routinely missing throws by 5 yards, I won't make excuses for him.

By the end of his first year we should be seeing quite a few wow plays, mixed in with an occasional mistake. By the last 3rd of his second year, he should look like an NFL starter. He shouldn't look more confused like Mitch or regress like Mitch.

Luke

Liked Posts:
I'm a huge fan of the Fields pick, but I don't get emotionally tied to the picks. If he goes out there and starts routinely missing throws by 5 yards, I won't make excuses for him.

By the end of his first year we should be seeing quite a few wow plays, mixed in with an occasional mistake. By the last 3rd of his second year, he should look like an NFL starter. He shouldn't look more confused like Mitch or regress like Mitch.

I love the pic too but I'm more cautiously optimistic then most on the board.
He seems like a sharp kid but it will take time to learn this offense and get used to the speed of the NFL and the tight windows.
Some people here have already mentioned canton lol.
I'm more into the baby steps first with eventually in the discussion of making a pro bowl.

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I remember when they announced we traded up in the 2017 draft i was shocked cause i in no way expected us to trade up and then i was thinking they did it to get Solomon Thomas with maybe a QB in the back of my head. When they announced Trubisky i was happy cause we took a QB so i quickly talked myself into being alright about it and being a Trubisky fan cause he's our guy now, but i didn't do much homework on him until after we drafted him.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

WTF was with Mitch's 3nd year. He got the ding, turtled and that tiny brane never recovered. There was a possibility that he would be a reasonable starter simply by avoiding the rush until he randomly spotted somebody but that escape artist of 2018 turned into a deer in headlights in 2019. Dude went from running around to extend plays and guessing to staying home and 2nd guessing. Totally overwhelmed.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace you sonofabitch you cut Leno! Get a deal done with Arob you're officially off my shit list.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You're nuts!!! It was a mixed reaction, thus why he was booed at the Bulls game he went to. If Fields shows up at any Chicago sporting event, he will get a standing ovation.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You're nuts!!! It was a mixed reaction, thus why he was booed at the Bulls game he went to. If Fields shows up at any Chicago sporting event, he will get a standing ovation.
Holy shit,

W

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
I expect the defense to take another step back after losing Kyle Fuller and not really adding anybody of significance in the off-season to make me feel any better about their lack of ability to rush the passer and create turnovers.

The offense still lacks explosive playmakers. Nobody besides Darnell Mooney scares you as a defense, and they don't have enough team speed at the skill positions.

Lastly, the opponents they are set up to face is going to be brutal. Aside from their usual 2 games against GB, they get the AFC North and NFC West this year, and also have to play Tom Brady again..

All things considered, this team isn't setup to be a playoff contender unless Justin Fields starts week 1 and plays above expectations. Great quarterbacks can offset a lot of things, but I don't think it's wise to assume that's going to happen right away.
Very fair and reasonable assessment which leads me to believe we`re winning the super bowl. ;)

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This team had an absolutely awful offense last season, a tough schedule and still managed 8 wins. Why do people keep saying 4 or 5 wins with Dalton? Is he that much worse than Scrubisky or Foles? I dont think so.
To think all that time going back and forth between Mako and biscuit and you had it all along. Scrubisky...lmao