Justin Fields Stolen from he Waiting Hands of the Vikes

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Modo dropping some deep life lessons ya'll!
I've got more....

Every decision or non-decision you affect has risk...

Thinking of not taking a chance; too risky?
The decision to stay put also has risk.

There is no such thing a non-risk choice. Everything has risk.

Just as insurance mitigates risk, experience mitigates life risk.

Pace's experience with Trubisky helped in the decision with Fields. It didn't prevent him from moving up. He took a more calculated risk.

Minnesota wanted to play it safe? They took on a shitload of risk by staying put.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
I've got more....

Pace's experience with Trubisky helped in the decision with Fields. It didn't prevent him from moving up. He took a more calculated risk.

Minnesota wanted to play it safe? They took on a shitload of risk by staying put.
Exactly. That's the kind of mindset that gets you to settle for a slightly above average QB like Kirk Cousins in the first place.

The Vikings deserve him.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm happy enough with an disgruntled Aaron and the talk of Jordan Love being an underwhelming prospect.
I saw something over the weekend that Aaron was hinting at retirement rather than play more for the Packers.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
lower round QBs aren't value.....they general don't make it as impact players...

You either get a top QB or you're on the outside looking in.
Like Russell Wilson, Dak Prescott, Tom Brady, Drew Brees and others? Yea the odds are against you finding one of those guys after round 1 but the odds are also against you finding that guy in the 1st round as well. Nonetheless, the Vikings got a guy with some potential who won't be needed to play for 2 years so you never know what'll happen. It's always a smart idea to keep investing into the position with some non 1st round guys who can play a little bit in a pinch.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like Russell Wilson, Dak Prescott, Tom Brady, Drew Brees and others? Yea the odds are against you finding one of those guys after round 1 but the odds are also against you finding that guy in the 1st round as well. Nonetheless, the Vikings got a guy with some potential who won't be needed to play for 2 years so you never know what'll happen. It's always a smart idea to keep investing into the position with some non 1st round guys who can play a little bit in a pinch.
No one is saying not to invest but the vikes could have moved up pretty cheaply for a major difference in QB prospects.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

The first pick in the second round isn't a low round pick.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've got more....

I was terrified the bears (ie pace) would learn the WRONG lesson from the Trubs fail and do something spectacularly stupid but in a tangential direction. had almost no hope of redemption.

but, at this moment in time, for this brief period, looks like my fear was unfounded.

mad fuckin props to Pace and Nagy and the org for learning from trubs and not losing their balls because of the massive fail

cause this shit that happened to the vikes would have been sooo very in character for the bears

Nelly

Liked Posts:
The first pick in the second round isn't a low round pick.
It's not a first rounder. People seem to think that you need to grab a guy in the top 10-15 to get a difference maker. You've got a better shot of course but it's not unheard of to get a quality guy later. I'm reminded of the RG3/Cousins draft. RG3 started out hot but Cousins has had the much better career.

Obviously we're not going to be looking to replace Fields any time soon but I'd be up for spending a 2nd or a 3rd next year on a guy who's got some good tools knowing it's always a good idea to have more than less talent at the QB spot. Best case scenario is that a 2nd-3rd round pick we take looks awfully good behind an even better Fields and we get a high 2nd or even 1st for the guy in a few years.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is absolutely hilarious that out of Kurt Coupons, Andy Dalton and Aaron Rodgers the only one to find out their team is drafting a QB from Twitter is the future hall of famer.

Seething intensifies!

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is absolutely hilarious that out of Kurt Coupons, Andy Dalton and Aaron Rodgers the only one to find out their team is drafting a QB from Twitter is the future hall of famer.

Seething intensifies!
Kurt Coupons, the discount quarterback

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Whatever happens to Fields, a QB with his grade and ability doesn't usually slide outside of the top 10. The pick was amazing value and I am sure more stories like this will come out over time.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Vikings still ended up getting Mond, who I think has high upside. He could end up being a good QB as well....or at least better than Cousins

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Vikings still ended up getting Mond, who I think has high upside. He could end up being a good QB as well....or at least better than Cousins
Good 3rd round pick for sure but missing out on Fields and then watching him kick your ass all over the field twice a year will be a tough pill to swallow.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Good 3rd round pick for sure but missing out on Fields and then watching him kick your ass all over the field twice a year will be a tough pill to swallow.

Fields is going to shove that pill down everybody's throat ever time he plays. He is an angry dude.

I don't think I have ever been this happy as a Bears fan!

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Always cut heavy in spades? Even on a full bid where only one bag sets your opponents, with your teammate leading a 10 to draw out the Ace, and you are nil in that suit?

No. Cut low, take the trick, and let your opponent keep leading that suit back to you for easy money.

twetz

Liked Posts:
I thought one of the Bears take the 'bargain basement route' to a QB was picking Mond. I'll be curious to see how he does and how Love does if the Rodgers issues plays out as the talking heads seem to think now in the beginning of May. One of the missing links with the NFC North QB's is the fear factor of going against the best - Fields may have it, but Mond, Love and Goff certainly don't.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Whatever happens to Fields, a QB with his grade and ability doesn't usually slide outside of the top 10. The pick was amazing value and I am sure more stories like this will come out over time.
Draft value is relative to who is doing the valuing.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
that team is stupid

Their current regime is just like bears have been for decades - a qb away from dominating. And they half ass their effort to get Fields and pass on Jones. And why? Cause Cousins contract? If I was a Vikes fan, I would be livid.
From what I understand from friends who are Vikings fans, they are livid.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
Always cut heavy in spades? Even on a full bid where only one bag sets your opponents, with your teammate leading a 10 to draw out the Ace, and you are nil in that suit?

No. Cut low, take the trick, and let your opponent keep leading that suit back to you for easy money.
:speechless: