Is there a rift between GM Ryan Pace and HC Matt Nagy. They dont seem to be near one another after the Fields pick. It makes me wonder

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Jump to 2:17 of the video.

On draft night, something stuck with me. I never saw Pace and Nagy celebrate together. Sure, the video cuts out and they might have shaken hands at some point. However, during the time they did show, they seem to be on opposite sides of the room staying away from one another. Am I reading to much into imaginary assumption tea leaves, or is this just a hint of an underlying issue within Halas Hall.

Edit to add point:

Also, Teddy congratulating and bro hugging Nagy first, seemed like a good for you, ownership agrees and you got YOUR guy. While Pace is uncomfortably walking one way with that lost in thought look. Thinking fuck Nagy/ownership, i wanted Teven at 20 and Trask at 32. Only to have Teddy come console him with that obligatory sympathy pat on the back, saying this is how it rolls sometimes.

Last edited:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Facepalming right now

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
This is like tv crews not showing Jay Cutler on the sidelines when he was smiling and looking over previous drive mistakes.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Jump to 5:38 of the video.

On draft night, something stuck with me. I never saw Pace and Nagy celebrate together. Sure, the video cuts out and they might have shaken hands at some point. However, during the time they did show, they seem to be on opposite sides of the room staying away from one another. Am I reading to much into imaginary assumption tea leaves, or is this just a hint of an underlying issue within Halas Hall.

There was definitely some awkwardness there. You could tell Nagy was purposely not going over to Pace even though it looked like he wanted to just celebrate and hug everyone in the room including Pace. Probably just respecting Pace's space with running the draft. Or they had some kind of acknowledgement before the video cut them.
If i were going to derive any conspiracy theories form this it would be then when they were allowed to keep their jobs it was let known that this is Paces team and he calls all the shots.

Liked Posts:
Rumor has it they got into a fist fight in the back alley right after that scene.

Or maybe they were just on the same page and just congratulated the little guys reporting to them.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is the mother of all facepalms

Bolek

Liked Posts:
yeah, i thought their body language screamed - rift

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This forum is just full of brilliant threads today.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
yeah, i thought their body language screamed - rift

Exactly!

It might be some beta vs beta shit going back to their assessments of the 2017 QB class. Im sure Nagy likes to bring it up from time to time when talking QB assessments.

Pace: I like Trey Lance
Nagy: Pssst, Mitch!

Pace: What about Mills in the 2nd
Nagy: Mitch!

Pace: Trask has some..
Nagy: Mitch, Bitch!

Also, Teddy congratulating and bro hugging Nagy first, seemed like a good for you, ownership agrees and you got YOUR guy. While Pace is uncomfortably walking one way with that lost in thought look. Thinking fuck Nagy/ownership, i wanted Teven at 20 and Trask at 32. Only to have Teddy come console him with that obligatory sympathy pat on the back, saying this is how it rolls sometimes.

Maybe Im just reading too deep. BUT their body language seems a little off kilter. Note: Nagy also seems more excited

Last edited:

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Im going to be the asshole here saying that Pace wanted to draft Mac Jones instead of Fields. Why? because of body language and Pace maybe stupid enough to do it. LOL.

Who cares? The Bears got Fields!!!!!

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here is all I'm gonna say before I say this thread can skip rocks...

If Pace picked Mitch, Nagy deserves to pick his own QB, if he pick Mahomes....

I'ma leave on that note.