Why is Nagy on the “Hot seat”??

mbison

Liked Posts:
Seriously? He’s taken his team to the playoffs 2/3 seasons with absolute dog crap play out of the QB position and he was never able to coach his own guy. I personally believe Nagy should get another 2-3 seasons to see if he can develop fields because I don’t want fields going through 2-3 more systems in his young career. Thoughts?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seriously? He’s taken his team to the playoffs 2/3 seasons with absolute dog crap play out of the QB position and he was never able to coach his own guy. I personally believe Nagy should get another 2-3 seasons to see if he can develop fields because I don’t want fields going through 2-3 more systems in his young career. Thoughts?
can we start a Nagy subforum?

A. Because he has made many mistakes with play calling and has lapses in managing a game tempo

B. His players seem pretty unprepared at times, specifically on the offensive side of the ball

C. He hasn't improved the offense even tho a ton of money and several new players have been brought in.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
He isn't anymore. He was not very good taking the players he had and making a system that works best for them. We will see now if he is what they expected. Fields is his QB. He needs to help make him a star and get the Bears to the Super Bowl in the next 3-4 years.

mbison

Liked Posts:

A. Because he has made many mistakes with play calling and has lapses in managing a game tempo

B. His players seem pretty unprepared at times, specifically on the offensive side of the ball

C. He hasn't improved the offense even tho a ton of money and several new players have been brought in.

I agree with everything you said but can’t we chalk that up as he’s a 1st time young head coach? We can’t expect him to be a finish product immediately
Even with all his flaws he does have a winning record and he does still have the locker rooms support. I think the mistakes he’s made in the past can be corrected

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
I expect Pace and Nagy to be here 5 years from now and the Bears to have been to at least 1 Super Bowl.
The right QB makes that much of a difference. I think Fields will be as good as Mahomes and be a top 3 QB for a long time. With the Bears new "beat your ass" OL Philosophy the Bears will be fun to watch.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree with everything you said but can’t we chalk that up as he’s a 1st time young head coach? We can’t expect him to be a finish product immediately
Even with all his flaws he does have a winning record and he does still have the locker rooms support. I think the mistakes he’s made in the past can be corrected

I think the Bears have given him the benefit of the doubt, but he will now have his 4th and potentially 5th starting QBs and I think they expect progress.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

This thread is an alternate universe where we ignore all that and act as if he was the reason they went 12-4 and had a really good defense

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Because he is below average at every HC duty, is arguably the worst coach in his specialty of offense, and can't adjust to his players strengths.
And despite what you say, he was given his personal choice of QB last season and yanked struggling, yet undefeated at the time, Trubisky.
The question is why an offensive HC that in 3 years has only made the playoffs because of a league top defense and an expended playoffs and can't get out of the bottom 25% on offense would not be on the "hot seat?"

mbison

Liked Posts:
Because he is below average at every HC duty, is arguably the worst coach in his specialty of offense, and can't adjust to his players strengths.
And despite what you say, he was given his personal choice of QB last season and yanked struggling, yet undefeated at the time, Trubisky.
The question is why an offensive HC that in 3 years has only made the playoffs because of a league top defense and an expended playoffs and can't get out of the bottom 25% on offense would not be on the "hot seat?"

Nagy has a top 10 winning percentage in the league and has lead his team to 2 playoffs appearances and one double doink away from a playoff win. If you think he’s below average you need to look around the league alittle harder

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
mitch doesn’t have a strength he’s a back up QB in buffalo, get over it LOL. Mitch deserved to get yanked in Atlanta. Foles also sucking does not mean Mitch did not also suck.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I like how the “Nagy only made the playoffs due to a top defense” posts balance out the “Pagano’s defense sucks” posts.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
it’s really really hard to have a decent offense in today’s NFL when you’re stuck with 2 back up QBs along with charles leno and bobbie massie at tackle. the next 2 seasons will be sink or swim for Nagy.

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry, but it's already being remodeled into the "Justin Fields: Football Adonis" subforum.
Hopefully it will be easy to change to the "Justin Fields: Why does he suck so much?" subforum after he throws his first int.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yes, only Bears fans think this.

This and beat writers and people who cover the NFL.... IDK how many times fans need to hear reputable NFL people say these things before they realize its not just a fan conspiracy.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Nagy has a top 10 winning percentage in the league and has lead his team to 2 playoffs appearances and one double doink away from a playoff win. If you think he’s below average you need to look around the league alittle harder

What evidence do we have that he's any good? His winning percentage, for the most part, is due the the efforts of an outstanding defense + a QB that he ran out of town.

I think enough evidence to the contrary has already been provided in some of the responses. However: If early next season the offense looks as inept, unprepared and toothless as it did the past few, will he be on the hot seat then?

If it's clear that his system and play calling are on their way to ruining another young QB, will we THEN be allowed to hold the "head coach in training" accountable?

He's on the hot seat because he has proven none of the things he was brought here to do.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
What evidence do we have that he's any good? His winning percentage, for the most part, is due the the efforts of an outstanding defense + a QB that he ran out of town.

I think enough evidence to the contrary has already been provided in some of the responses. However: If early next season the offense looks as inept, unprepared and toothless as it did the past few, will he be on the hot seat then?

If it's clear that his system and play calling are on there way to ruining another young QB, will we THEN be allowed to hold the "head coach in training" accountable?

He's on the hot seat because he has proven none of the things he was brought here to do.
you cannot modernize an NFL offense without a QB. the QB position IS the modern offense.