I’m enjoying the melt on the packers boards lol

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I used to do a thing each week (I did it up until last year) where I'd post relevant messages from opponents' message boards a few days before each game, and through all of that, it became pretty clear that this message board is more active than just about every other team's message boards in the NFL.

If I remember correctly, the only one that gave CCS a run for its money was the New York Giants message board.

If you guys look around at other teams' boards, you'll see that most of them have a few posts a day. Some of the more active ones may have a few dozen posts a day.

Maybe a major event will happen that spurs traffic, but even then, you might only have a few threads a day and those threads each have, like, 10 replies, if that.
Are 9 of those 10 replies fan complaining about multiple threads on the same subject?

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Not sure if this is the one the OP is referencing, but I think this is the main Packers forum. I've noticed that other teams' forums aren't nearly as active as the Bears': Green Bay Packers Fan Forum

I joined that forum to TALK FOOTBALL. I was hoping to post some encouraging words, but my profile has been stuck pending approval for awhile now.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Below is what happens when you live your entire life with HoF quarterbacks on your favorite team. What do these people think is going to happen after Rodgers leaves?

Thread: Bye bye Rodgers
Yesterday at 5:46 PM#1
barbpackerfanCheesehead
Messages:10Likes Received:2Joined:Jan 25, 2021Packer Fan Since:1958
I don’t know what you guys are thinking but I am ready to say so long to Aaron Rodgers. Yes some things weren’t handled correctly in drafting Love and yes the Packer organization could have given Him some better offensive weapons but there’s no excuse for his behavior. They have bent over backwards to make things right and He is too vindictive and self serving to be able to let a grudge go! That is NOT the definition of a TRUE Packer player! He is following in his best friends footsteps meaning Tom Brady whom I also don’t respect. Aaron doesn’t get along with his OWN family—-what does that say about Aaron???? Makes his own Dad pay for tickets when his Dad comes to Green Bay for a game!!! Sweet huh poor Aaron is So poor you know!!! Good riddance! Let some other team deal with you and your spoiledness. Just be sure that we receive lots of compensation for this poor excuse of a Packer player

G0P4ckG0Cheesehead

Messages:394Likes Received:34Joined:Apr 1, 2015Packer Fan Since:1993
His personal life doesn't and shouldn't matter. I've been aboard the trade Rodgers train for about 6 years, but that is/was due to his injury history and likelihood of eventually destroying the salary cap. Add this extra drama on top and I'd trade him for a 7th rounder just to get rid of the drama that seems to always follow him.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Below is what happens when you live your entire life with HoF quarterbacks on your favorite team. What do these people think is going to happen after Rodgers leaves?

They'll just continue to win... It's the Packer's way! Duh!

I would love for them to return their days of irrelevancy, like when they went on a Division championship drought from 1973-1994.

Last edited:

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember the days before Favre... The packers sucked! It will be nice to get back to that.

The funny thing is that while I cursed Favre on Sundays, I have met people here that have had interactions with him after his retirement.. They all say what a down to earth/nice guy he is.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Bears are overdue for some good luck and Packers aee overdue for some bad luck. This division would really benefit from becoming wide open. Totally changes the complexion of every subsequent season

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I remember the days before Favre... The packers sucked! It will be nice to get back to that.

The funny thing is that while I cursed Favre on Sundays, I have met people here that have had interactions with him after his retirement.. They all say what a down to earth/nice guy he is.
You seem to think about Packers QBs a LOT! Kinda like an OBSESSION!

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Kind of like how you think of me...an OBSESSION!
Nah. It just sort of a new thing to check and see what BearsBud is posting about Rodgers or Favre before I go take my morning poop.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nah. It just sort of a new thing to check and see what BearsBud is posting about Rodgers or Favre before I go take my morning poop.

You just proved my point

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Other teams have a few boards, which makes each board look slower with the diluted traffic. The Steelers, Cowboys, Pats have several if Im not mistaken.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Facebook/Reddit/Twitter/Probably discord (I haven't been on it in years).

You'll find more stuff on these.

Personally I think the fact that message boards are a bit past their prime makes it so that the average poster is older and on average posts are more thought out. Definitely not 100%, but I'd prefer discussion here even though most are jaded.

Facebook - The true idiot's choice
Twitter- Good for breaking news, stay out of the comments section.
Reddit- Depends on moderation, but If you want to post dank memes and participate in a dick showing contest about who is the biggest fan, this is the place.
Discord- All emotion, no filter

Bears have one of the most active message boards. Most Reddit are bigger. Other mediums are harder to quantify.

Not going to lie, but Reddit is where I get a lot of information.

Just a lot more people and they are quick to post when something breaks.

I avoid Facebook like the plague though.

Twitter is good for following individuals but unless you know who to follow and who can accurately break news the whole thing is kind of worthless and ends up devolving into political circle jerks.

As far as the old message boards go though, the reason I'm here is because even if you don't consider this one to be very active, it is the most active message board on the Chicago Bears I can find. And there's enough activity where you actually feel like you get to have a conversation on the Chicago Bears.

Not to mention the moderation on Reddit can sometimes get a bit too heavy-handed and their moderators are a bit thin skinned.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

DB012031

Liked Posts:
You never know. Every one of the top 5 QBs picked (including Fields) are not anywhere near as much of a sure thing as Aaron Rodgers is. And it only takes one GM, one team, to overvalue someone and make the trade. Given the example that 89 year old Tom Brady put up last season, I'm sure there are plenty of teams that would be willing to give up a fair amount to get a top QB to pair with their otherwise solid team and win a Superbowl (or two, or three).

Look at what we supposedly offered for Russell Wilson - it was a boatload of picks and players, a lot more than we gave up to get Fields. Sure, Wilson's a bit younger than Rodgers, but what has he done lately? Since 2014, the Seahawks have made it to the playoffs as a wild card team or low division winner, beaten a few other bad teams, and have a 3-5 playoff. Rodgers has been to a few NFC championship games recently (but sadly for him and cheeseheads, has a 1-4 record in them).

Brady moving on to TB and winning the superbowl is one of those events that will produce changes throughout the NFL over the next several years. Frankly, both Wilson and Rodgers would have a lot more success if they had better players around them, and their desire to emulate Brady's example is quite understandable.

Now, another salient point. Despite being one of the best QBs of all time, Brady has never been paid like one. He usually is in the middle of the pack in terms of QB compensation. Is it possible that this is a choice he fosters in order to allow his team to put better players around him while staying under the cap? Could that be a key contributor to his wins (aside from natural ability, of course)? If so, what does that say about how QBs should approach their salary negotiations? Or was that all just NE being cheap with him, and then TB giving him a cheaper contract because he's ancient?

This is something that continues to be overlooked, Brady taking less money every year in order to win. However, people also forget that Brady has a ridiculous trump card, His wife. She makes more money per year, on average, than Tom makes. It's easy to take less when your spouse is raking in 10's of millions per year.

Brady's situation is a full blown unicorn that we may never see again.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Ask Jen Decker how down to Earth and nice Brett Favre is.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I still find Rodgers unimpressive and boring to watch.