Early Talk of Loaded ‘22 Free Agent Class (Bears have space for a big ticket guy)

Nelly

Liked Posts:
The specifics are so muddy right now with regard to what we'll have and who will be available. I'd follow a general mantra, that being to use free agency to fill out the offense. The tides could be changing but Pace has been much better about finding defensive talent in the draft than offensive and we want to make sure our new franchise QB is given everything he needs to succeed.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
JuJu is a headcase thats a hard pass. Plus Mooney is better then him. Also, we still don't know what we have in Ridley.

i like Juju because he can slide seamlessly between the X Y and slot. I also think the same of Mooney, and I think that flexibility is a good advantage to put your best players consistently in positions of mismatches.

he’s had some big plays in his career (that 99 yard td comes to mind) and a guy with that size in the middle of the field is a good insurance weapon for Fields. Great YAC, possession guy and big play guy, durable. And he would probably cost half of A Rob or no more than 10-12 mil a year.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I think Bars in there too.

But overall they will need alot of help.

Yeah, I forgot about Bars. He's a restricted FA.

But I actually think the Bears are in pretty decent shape. They have just about every position covered with a building block.

QB- Fields
RB- Montgomery
WR- Mooney
TE- Kmet
OT- Jenkins
OG- Whitehair
C- maybe Mustipher
DL- Goldman
OLB- Mack
ILB- Smith
CB- Johnson
S- Jackson

They basically need pairs for all these guys, and all are young outside of Mack. If guys from the last couple draft classes do anything (Vildor, Gipson, Newsome, Graham, Borom) and the Bears can re-sign guys like Nichols and Daniels, and maybe even Robinson; they are in pretty good shape going forward. 2023 they should have a full allotment of picks and could have comp picks from guys like Robinson, Hicks, Miller, etc. if they don't go crazy in free agency.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I'd focus on building dominant oline and dline over the next two years through draft and FA. And go get a shut down corner.