So how would you feel had we drafted........

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Though never crossed my mind. The more interesting question would have been what if Niners had taken Jones. Who do you take out of Lance and Fields.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Though never crossed my mind. The more interesting question would have been what if Niners had taken Jones. Who do you take out of Lance and Fields.
Fields...

I thought no team would a high pick would gamble on Lance....I thought Bears had a chance to trade up and get Lance...

Thanks 9ers

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fields...

I thought no team would a high pick would gamble on Lance....I thought Bears had a chance to trade up and get Lance...

Thanks 9ers

Yeah I would lean Fields too given the body of work but Lance is just 20 so his potential is off the charts if he works out.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I wanted to scream at the mental awareness guy too but I figured that mental awareness might help some of the posters on this board
Oh the mental issues would have been through the roof if that guy would have said that whole speech and we picked Jones

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I was expecting Jones to be the pick. I thought he was by far the better pick for Nagy’s seemingly cerebral offense.

Picking Fields tells me that what we’ve seen of the Nagy offense so far isn’t what he would have preferred at all...

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd have been ok if the Bears took Jones if Fields was already off the board. The pick that surprised me was the Broncos not taking Fields. When they chose a defensive player, I thought "maybe they really are getting Aaron Rodgers". After I found out the Bears traded up, I kept saying "please not Mac Jones, please not Mac Jones"

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
I've already talked myself into the Justin Fields hype train and like the upside ceiling he has. He also brings a different dynamic to the QB position that the Bears have never had.

But the time though, I would have really liked the Mac Jones pick. You can't deny his numbers and I felt he was very good at reading the field.

But had we drafted Mac, it would have been very likely the Vikings would have drafted Fields. That would have automatically cause constant comparisons for both QBs and probably not a great environment to succeed.

The only reason Fields didn't go three was because the 49ers are dumb.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I was with my Vikings buddy and got up to let the dogs out. I said to him, "watch the Bears trade up here(as a joke)"
By the time I got to the backdoor, they announced a trade. He was livid because he wanted Fields. The rest was agony because I was afraid they would take Jones
He must of really been pissed when it came out a couple days later that the Vikings were trying to trade up for Fields and i'm sure you had some good fun with that.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Would of been happy with either cause we simply had to get a QB in this draft, but if it was Lance i'd definitely want him to sit the year and let Dalton start.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Yeah I would lean Fields too given the body of work but Lance is just 20 so his potential is off the charts if he works out.
I do not think that Pace would even be allowed to pick another QB with almost no experience if Lance and Fields were both there.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Depends on who was available in this scenario. If fields was gone I’d feel less happy with Jones. If Fields was there, I’d be unhappy with Jones.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
When we traded up to 11 and were on the clock, I was going...

Justin Fields. Justin Fields. Please not Mac Jones.

For like 10 minutes...
Its funny how united we all are on this front. It feels like everyone was sitting there hoping and scared for the same things.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Its funny how united we all are on this front. It feels like everyone was sitting there hoping and scared for the same things.
Once divided, we've all come together. Except for a few nutters that think we shouldn't have traded up. ?

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mac Jones with the 11th pick?

To be honest, ask me in about two years. If Fields somehow flops and Mac Jones becomes a star in New England I will be Trubisky ticked off again.

You never really know who will shine on the biggest stage. We all THINK that Justin Fields is the best QB we could get. He meets the eye test. He is smart. He seems to have the right mentality and desire to lead.

But until he gets out there and starts taking snaps against starting level talent in the NFL we really don't know how well he will perform. We probably won't know until the end of season two. The NFL is riddled with 'generational talent' that never pans out.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
To be honest, ask me in about two years. If Fields somehow flops and Mac Jones becomes a star in New England I will be Trubisky ticked off again.
That isn't the point of his thread. He asked a very simple question. It doesn't require two years of hindsight.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That isn't the point of his thread. He asked a very simple question. It doesn't require two years of hindsight.

Sure it does. Would I have been happy with Mac Jones at 11? I probably would have wanted Fields but Jones would have been serviceable. Some of the same things that people liked about Fields, like his ability to win the big games, his intelligence and leadership are present in Mac Jones. He isn't as mobile but he would have been fine. But most of us thought the same thing about Trubisky.

Trust me on this. If Fields is a bust and Jones becomes MVP there will be plenty of people here claiming that they never wanted Justin Fields and bitching because we didn't take Mac Jones. Bank on that.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Mac Jones at 20 with all 4 other QBs gone = good pick
Mac Jones at 20 with any other 4 QBs there = decent pick but disagree
Trade up to Mac Jones with all 4 QBs gone = acceptable
Trade up to Mac Jones with any other 4 QBs there = pissed and breaking shit

Honestly though, if the Bears had the 2nd pick in the draft, Fields was the QB I would have wanted. I think he is better than Wilson who is getting a lot of hype with the Mahomes comparisons. And he is good but I just think Fields did more against better competition and looked damn good doing it. I have no clue why Trey Lance went 3. I feel like the 49ers were the only team that wanted him in the top 10.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Got to like Fields. He is used to midwest outdoor stadium weather already.

10 year franchise qb boys