3 in Raleigh

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
He's been a monster this series. Him and Delia are the two bright spots.

I'd like to see Delia get a real shot next season. Assuming the Hawks don't bring in another goalie, I'd rather him as backup behind Lankinen next year, as opposed to Subban. I'm not sold on any of the three, but the way I see it, Subban had his chance this year, and he failed. He had a decent stretch, but reverted back to his old ways -- it's time to cut and run.
all 3 are under contract so there is a spot for all of them but all will be UFAs after next year so they need to make a decision who is the future. i dont see Delia or Sub getting claimed if they are sent to Rockford.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
all 3 are under contract so there is a spot for all of them but all will be UFAs after next year so they need to make a decision who is the future. i dont see Delia or Sub getting claimed if they are sent to Rockford.

Can Delia or Subban be left exposed for the Kraken?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
What former Hawk is out there that we can bring back with a more controllable contract in exchange for big cat before he demands a spicy.... 6 mil a year.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Technically, yes, but I still want to see them get rid of one -- and the one I pick is Subban.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Technically, yes, but I still want to see them get rid of one -- and the one I pick is Subban.
Yeah, no question. Funny thing, if you watch him he's pretty quick post to post with an above avg glove but two things he does seals his fate....1)he tends to wander a bit 2) he must have pads made of Zectron....not sure I've ever seen a goalie give up so many juicy rebounds and with this set of dmen, that is a disaster.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Can Delia or Subban be left exposed for the Kraken?
To meet exposure requirements, we have to expose 1 of Delia-Lankinen-Subban, and we can protect 1. The question is: who to protect? I still say Lankinen.

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
Yeah its Lank also I would be shocked if Delia or Sub were picked.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah its Lank also I would be shocked if Delia or Sub were picked.
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if one of them was picked:

Assuming there's no false-retirement grace, Keith, Seabrook have to be protected, and likely Murphy are protected on D. That leaves DeHaan, Stillman, Zadorov, and Lindholm exposed, with only Stillman not needing a new contract after this year.

For the forwards you have Toews and Kane have to be protected. We'll protect El Gato. That means we have to expose 2 between Connely, Strome, and Carpenter. Everyone else needs a new contract next season, and we can still protect 4 more guys. This means that Shaw, Smith, Hino, Kampf, Gaudette, Dickenson, Hagel, Nylander, Pirri, Quenneville, Edjsell, and Borgsrom are exposable, and 4 of them can be protected.

Between any of those FWDs not protected, any of those D-men not protected, most of them would have to renegotiate a deal with Seattle if we don't re-sign them, which might make them less palatable. Plus, many of them kinda suck, and we have enough protection slots for FWDs actually worth a squirt of piss.

Meanwhile, given both Delia's and Subban's showings this season, both have proven they're a viable backup netminder.

Thinking about it...unless there's a "we'll trade you xxx to keep you from picking yyy", If you're Seattle, would you take someone like DeHaan, Zadorov, or Nylander over Subban or Delia? I wouldn't. I would expect them to even overlook Strome if he's exposed since Strome needs a heart transplant.

The real question is what other goalies are availiable across the league. I think 1-2 starters might be exposed but I reiterate that I wouldn't be surprised if Subban or Delia were picked as a backup.