Stars for 2..... The End

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
TIME: 6 p.m. CT
TV: NBCSCH | RADIO: WGN 720-AM / TUDN 1200-AM | STREAM: NHL.TV & MyTeamsApp

The Blackhawks and Stars close out the 2020-21 season with a doubleheader beginning Sunday night at the United Center.

TEAM RECORDS
CHI: 23-25-6, 52 PTS
DAL: 22-18-14, 58 PTS

LAST TIME OUT
Chicago took a comeback win in overtime against the Carolina Hurricanes on Thursday night in the final road game of the season. Riley Stillman tied the game 1-1 with just over three minutes left in regulation and Alex DeBrincat found the winner in overtime for the 2-1 victory.

Dallas took a 5-2 win in Tampa Bay on Friday night to keep their playoff hopes alive for the time being, but they were officially eliminated from contention on Saturday as Nashville clinched the final spot with a 3-1 win over Carolina.

RETURN OF FANS
Sunday's game marks the first time this season fans will return to the United Center as a limited capacity will be on hand for the final two home games. It's the first game since March 11, 2020 to see spectators on hand for a Blackhawks home game.

ON THE PROWL
DeBrincat recorded the game-winning goal in overtime to extend his goal streak (6G) to a career-long five games and his point streak to six games (6G, 2A) on Thursday night. He shares second in the NHL with three overtime goals. His 29 markers during the 2020-21 campaign are fifth in the league. That figure is his second-highest single-season mark (41 in 2018-19).

Since he returned to the lineup on Feb. 2 after being removed from COVID-19 protocol, DeBrincat is second in the league with 27 markers. His 1.04 points per game average this year would be a new career high.

FIRST TIMERS
Stillman registered his first career NHL goal to tie the score at one on Thursday against the Hurricanes. Stillman is the eighth Blackhawk to notch their first career goal this season.

Mike Hardman scored his first career NHL goal on Tuesday night, which was also his first career NHL point. MacKenzie Entwistle recorded the primary assist on the play for his first career NHL point as well. They were the first Blackhawks to register their first NHL points on the same play since October 6, 2007 when Patrick Kane and Magnus Johansson notched their firsts with helpers on a Tuomo Ruutu goal that evening. The last time it happened with a goal scorer was April 5, 2007 against Detroit as Bryan Bickell scored the goal and Jonas Nordqvist got the assist.

KUB-ELITE
Dominik Kubalik had an assist in Chicago's last game. He has seven points (3G, 4A) over his last eight games.

Kubalik registered a four-game point streak (2G, 3A) from April 27-May 3. His 19 helpers this season top his total from a year ago when he recorded 16 helpers in 68 games.

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
Well Nash clinched last night so games have no meaning for stars. Would assume Lank gets one start Sub the other.
Be nice to get to a couple home games the fact that they cant even sell 4000 tickets for a game is a sign of things to come.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Well Nash clinched last night so games have no meaning for stars. Would assume Lank gets one start Sub the other.
Be nice to get to a couple home games the fact that they cant even sell 4000 tickets for a game is a sign of things to come.
Just don't tell the ticket agents that they love to tell you about the 6 year long wait list.

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
Well that was fun Lank did not want to come off the ice after game. 58 has really worked on his skating his wheels are not bad. And yes Cat has show that he can power his own line going forward that will be huge.

galaxytrash

Liked Posts:
no doubt the sellout streak could be in jeopardy next season, but they only offered up 3,820 seats for sale and they sold every one.
so as they mentioned post game, the sellout streak is technically still a thing.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Well that was fun Lank did not want to come off the ice after game. 58 has really worked on his skating his wheels are not bad. And yes Cat has show that he can power his own line going forward that will be huge.
Idk about Cat being a line driver.

Cat with an elite talent sure is fun to watch, but Cat with just a Strome type isn't.

I don't think after this year you break up Cat and Kane.

I also think if the Hawks are serious about winning you don't keep Kubi with a sloth like Kampf.

Beaudin was horrible, Lank looked really good, Murphy played his one good game this month, Hagel is a stud and the biggest find of this "rebuild" season, Kampf had a pass on a silver platter and failed yet again which is what, the twelveth time this year?

Stan needs to admit wrong on the defenseman he drafted or brought in here outside of Kalynuk and clean house or sign a couple this off season.

Beaudin, Boqvist, and Mitchell are not ready for the NHL and from the looks of it are punching above their weight class.

I honestly think this coming draft and FA period will either make or break Stan as GM. Either he hits home runs or a bad start next year gets him a first class ticket to palookaville along with JC and his "man and a half" defensive scheme where the players still can't figure out if they are the man or the half.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

Cat with an elite talent sure is fun to watch, but Cat with just a Strome type isn't.

I also think if the Hawks are serious about winning you don't keep Kubi with a sloth like Kampf.

Beaudin was horrible, Lank looked really good, Murphy played his one good game this month, Hagel is a stud and the biggest find of this "rebuild" season, Kampf had a pass on a silver platter and failed yet again which is what, the twelveth time this year?

Stan needs to admit wrong on the defenseman he drafted or brought in here outside of Kalynuk and clean house or sign a couple this off season.

Beaudin, Boqvist, and Mitchell are not ready for the NHL and from the looks of it are punching above their weight class.

I honestly think this coming draft and FA period will either make or break Stan as GM. Either he hits home runs or a bad start next year gets him a first class ticket to palookaville along with JC and his "man and a half" defensive scheme where the players still can't figure out if they are the man or the half.

Lol lying before 4am

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
no doubt the sellout streak could be in jeopardy next season, but they only offered up 3,820 seats for sale and they sold every one.
so as they mentioned post game, the sellout streak is technically still a thing.
Not a question of if just a question of when.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

A heartless prima donna like Strome would suck the life out of any line.
Not unless you can find Cat another set-up guy. That's the real trick though.
They have to find better than Kampf though. The caveat is that Drive+little talent >>>>>>Talent+little drive, although a lot of fans think wrongly otherwise. Kampf may be holding back Koob, but layabouts like Nylander and Strome would be worse.
Consider Kampf's role. He's a 4th liner. If he scores it's gravy. Once you find a guy who give a shit on the ice and plays better...then you part ways.
Good luck with that. Bowman the Beancounter needs to be the smartest guy in the room--especially when he isn't.
It took a lot of time for Keith to mature as well. I'm not saying any of those three will be remotely as good as he is but D-men like Goaltenders need patience.
Stan's already broken as a GM. it's just bandwagon fans and upper management who don't think so.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Two helpers for the great Patrick Kane last night leaves him 5th in league scoring and 2nd in assists but not being in the top 50 goal scorers has to be an embarrassment and you gotta wonder how much longer he'll want to be embarrassed.

Last night's stating centers have 41 assists between em and only the 'Black hole' Kampf can figure out how to win a draw......barely.

Can Kirby Dach even beat off with that wrist at this point?

Last edited:

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Two helpers for the great Patrick Kane last night leaves him 5th in league scoring and 2nd in assists but not being in the top 50 goal scorers has to be an embarrassment and you gotta wonder how much longer he'll want to be embarrassed.

Last night's stating centers have 41 assists between em and only the 'Black hole' Kampf can figure out how to win a draw......barely.

I dont think he is embarrassed at all, I could be wrong here but it seems to me Kane has taken a different approach this year and gone way more pass first, I know he has always been great at setting up other players, but he has also balanced that in the past with also taking lots of shots as well. Seems he is taken a more pass heavy approach this year, maybe figuring to help some of the younger players develop maybe?

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:

88 mailed it in the last 15 games. JC keeps him a little interested by giving him so much ice time.
I dont think embarrassed is the right word, but yes i think he can do 2 more years of this.
He is still the shit just on a shit team many other players have been in that situation without 3 cups under there belt.
I also dont believe 88 would ever bad mouth this organization. Just my 2 cents

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Lets end the year on a high note. This organization has plenty of work to do, just to be competitive in there own division. There was certainly some highs and lows this season, but the glaring deficiencies in this team has to be dealt with over the summer.
Lankinen and Suter had very good seasons, hopefully they can build of them for next season, our defence is still shit and winning a face off seems to be a huge issue for this team.
Leta see what Stan will do this offseason to continue the rebuild.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

1st off, if Kane keeps feeding El Gato his stats will be padded. There's no embarrassment in that. I think Kane had a ton of responsibility this year and maybe the drag stole some of his goal scoring mojo, but he's still feeding the puck well.

2nd, if Dach can't he can always call up Kane and Madden for a trip to Vancouver...:D

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Tuned in late and seems I've missed the whole game already what the fuck happened is Dallas resting all of their starters

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
I don't get why Strome spends so much time in the press box when he could be top 5 or better on the team in scoring.

Also, what was Zadorov doing on that last second PK goal? Eddie O was pointing out Suter being in the wrong spot, but why is the D man skating out to the point on a lost draw with 5 seconds left?

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
Well JC strategy came out tonight let the other team play in your zone for about 90 sec then when they get tired take it the other way. The structure of this team is crap with that being said lots of youngsters in the lineup and not alot of practice time recipe for bad things. Im not a JC guy with that being said he gets a full training camp and plenty of practice time next year hope he proves me wrong. If things dont change they are gonna wish there weren't fans in the stands. Still a big off season for Stan. The boys gave us some fun moments for that I am grateful!