FWIW - Ranking UDFA moves

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Most have zero chance of making the 55, but it would be nice if Snowden proved to be a steal due to injury.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
If we get a solid rotational player in Snowden then call UDFA a success!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm all for Caleb Johnson to take over for Danny T!

Sid.Luckman

Drunk
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm all for Caleb Johnson to take over for Danny T!
I am for anyone taking over for Danny T. He was a good player when we got him from the Broncos but he just looked old and slow last year. Seems like old man time caught up with him as he usually seemed to know where to be, he just couldn't seem to get there most times.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I am for anyone taking over for Danny T. He was a good player when we got him from the Broncos but he just looked old and slow last year. Seems like old man time caught up with him as he usually seemed to know where to be, he just couldn't seem to get there most times.
Bears D started to find success by basically replacing Trevathan with a safety (Bush) morning on basically any down that wasn’t an obvious run. It worked well until Bush got injured. I think Trevathan player himself into a bit better shape as the season went on but I don’t think he ever got to the point of being better than an average replacement. Unfortunately that contract is hideous for a guy you could replace with a $1m a year type player.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I love to hear from the GM about how they start calling players in the 6th round to get an idea of what these kids have planned if they go undrafted and how many teams have contacted them to then have the option of drafting them if they really want them.

Also crazy to see all the names of players that went undrafted in their drafts and went on to have good/great NFL careers. I knew there was a lot of players that went undrafted and had good/great careers but still interesting to see a good list of some of the best ones.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

For some reason, posters on here thought he played better late. He didn't. He still sucked and was a liability in the run game and passing game.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He just turned 31 yrs old 2 months ago so i wouldn't say he's grown too old to be able to still play a full season the way he played the 2nd half of last season which was good. I don't know why he was so bad to start the year but he definitely wasn't playing good. Could be he came into camp out of shape but whatever it was he needs to not do it this year.

WookieOnRitalin

Liked Posts:
It is just painfully obvious that the Bears made a bad call by resigning Danny T instead of Kwiatkoski. We would not be in the mess. I hope Pace learned his lesson there.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It is just painfully obvious that the Bears made a bad call by resigning Danny T instead of Kwiatkoski. We would not be in the mess. I hope Pace learned his lesson there.

Translation- don't listen to Pagano, who loved to get his GM to sign washed up vets in Indy too.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Bears are thin at TE, razor thin after JG gets injured.
Bears are pretty set at OLB

Enter an out of position, basketball scholarship offered, athletic anomaly.

Charles Snowden 6'7" 243 lbs runs a 4.51 forty, even without the benefit of training for a proday.

He described as:

Snowden was offered a basketball scholarship by St. Francis (PA) despite turning his attention to football for his junior and senior seasons in high school.
-- by Chad Reuter

Overview
Snowden is a long, smooth athlete dropping into space or transitioning with change of direction. Lower-body anchor is an issue and he needs more play strength. Despite having some twitch with his get-off as a rusher, he gets locked out of the cookie jar due to an inability to convert at the top of the rush with hand usage or go-to counters. However, he has excellent lateral quickness for use in twists and stunts and has surprising potential as a zone or man defender when asked. Snowden is an ascending prospect with Day 2 potential as a 3-4 outside linebacker, but his ceiling will be defined by whether he can add mass and improve his rush.

• Team captain.
  • Former basketball player with smooth drop and change of direction in coverage.
  • Agile and smooth in space.
  • Mirrors route breaks underneath and guards tight ends downfield.
  • Good twitch up the field and into his rush.
  • Short-area acceleration gives him advantages in twist game.
  • Above-average pursuit with length to ensnare and finish.
  • Agile and effective as open-field tackler
  • Carries relatively slim 6-foot-6 frame on thin legs.
  • Doesn't have enough sand to sink and set a strong edge.
  • Doesn't get enough out of athleticism as pass rusher.
  • Below-average contact balance when redirected.
  • Not a natural edge-bender and rarely converts speed to power.
  • Chops and hand fighting don't yield intended results.
"He moves like a basketball player, which is cool, but you don't want him rushing the passer like one. I want more rush production from him." -- Area scout for NFC team
Snowden says he’s previous high for playing weight was 247, but believes his wiry frame can put on more bulk without losing speed.
Last summer, Snowden ran a laser-timed 40-yard dash and clocked in at 4.51 seconds, a blazing time for both his position and stature.

He screams athlete needing to be re-positioned to TE.

WookieOnRitalin

Liked Posts:
Repositioning Snowden as a TE sounds intriguing.

Everything I've read is that the kid if a really good athlete if not a bit undersized as a pass rusher. It will be interesting to see what they do with him. Does he have any hands? At 6'6/7 and a 4.5 40 yd dash would be at an elite level for TE.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Repositioning Snowden as a TE sounds intriguing.

Everything I've read is that the kid if a really good athlete if not a bit undersized as a pass rusher. It will be interesting to see what they do with him. Does he have any hands? At 6'6/7 and a 4.5 40 yd dash would be at an elite level for TE.
I imagine, as a basketball player, he has decent hands, plus, he had "two interceptions and seven pass breakups (which led all FBS linebackers)."

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:

Cool report! Thanks for finding that.

Caleb Johnson emerging would solve A LOT of problems. But the odds of that happening are very low. Re-signing Trevathan is among Pace's biggest mistakes. On par with drafting Shaheen and Miller.

With the emergence of Mo Alie-Cox, IMHO, every team will have a goal line basketball player defender to match up with the basketball player tight end. Snowden makes this team.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yeah i was the biggest Kwiat fan on CCS so i really wanted to re-sign him over Trevathan but was good bringing Trevathan back except Pace overpaid him and gave him too much guaranteed money. I still think Trevathan can play well for us but i rather we were in a position to replace him which we're not because of the guaranteed money.