dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Vildor was a rookie that received valuable playing time last year and the moment didn’t seem too big for him. He’s pretty sticky and definitely knows how to tackle. Maybe we let him continue to develop...

I really like Kyle and he’s the first causality of Covid. However, sometimes it’s better to be a year early than late when cutting a player. Without the Covid cap limitations, he would still be a Bear.
I like Vildor to start at NB cause although i like D.Shelley i think i like him more as a backup NB.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
Hicks is more valuable then Mack. Why would they cut him when he is playing at a high level and there is no one close to his talent level behind him.
More valuable than Mack?!

Montucky

Liked Posts:
ARob re-signing would be a great way to make up that money we need to fill whatever other spots need filled.
I'm not thrilled about committing any money to him beyond this coming season.

Liked Posts:
It amazes me on how many posters here refuse to recognize the importance of depth, in the NFL you are never set at a position with only one guy
Nobody is questioning the importance of depth. Jimmy was brought here to be a mentor to Kmet and score TDs. If Kmet is ready, you can replace Jimmy with a cheaper TE. He’s overpaid, period.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
More valuable than Mack?!
If you look at the Defensive performance in games with and without Hicks compared to the games with and without Mack. He is the bigger difference maker. Without Hicks we can’t stop the run at all.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Jimmy was a decent redzone threat, but his contract really never made sense for him to be on the team for 2021. No one questions the need to have depth, but the thought is that there were better cap saving options to explore. 10 mil is a bit high for a 35 year old Tight End, who is likely to be off the team next year. On top of that we've let guys like Jesper Horsted and JP Holtz be on the team the last couple of years when they have shown to have little upside and really no future on the team. I think we can do better.

Jimmy salary was 8th among TE's and he played in all 16 games ,was 14th in receptions and 4th among TE(15th overall ) in td receptions so his age is irrelevant if you feel he can give you that sort of production why would you voluntarily give it away ?

This year his salary will be 8th again and there is no veteran available that brings that to the table so if the Bears feel he can give them top 15 numbers again I don't see them just forfeiting that so easily with how important the position is to them