Ponder this: it took Mitch Trubisky to get Justin Fields

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I was thinking about this, and I feel like Justin Fields is a correction to the mistakes they made when they drafted Mitch Trubisky.

If not for making that mistake and the timing of how everything played out, we obviously could have ended up with a very different quarterback.

Considering all of that, it's pretty remarkable just how the stars have aligned for this particular point in time for us to end up with Justin Fields.

Especially when you consider it is the same regime that drafted Mitch Trubisky.

Maybe it's just that the football gods finally decided to throw us a bone....

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I was thinking about this, and I feel like Justin Fields is a correction to the mistakes they made when they drafted Mitch Trubisky.

If not for making that mistake and the timing of how everything played out, we obviously could have ended up with a very different quarterback.

Considering all of that, it's pretty remarkable just how the stars have aligned for this particular point in time for us to end up with Justin Fields.

Especially when you consider it is the same regime that drafted Mitch Trubisky.

Maybe it's just that the football gods finally decided to throw us a bone....
well take it a step closer and ponder this - it really took Anthony Miller to get rid of Trubisky to open things up for Fields.

Varking

Enigma
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Toronto FC
  1. Minnesota Timberwolves
  1. Carolina Panthers
  1. Colorado Avalanche
  1. Florida Gators
This is what Panther fans told themselves to feel good about Jimmy Clausen. It took Clausen to get Newton.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I can write moving up to get an inexperienced QB based on consensus off as a rookie GM mistake. No excuses for the scouts. No excuses for the rookie GM not building an offense around that inexperienced QB, but he seems to have learned his lesson so is forgiven.

Had we stayed put we could've ended up with Mahomes. Assuming the lack of offensive tools didn't ruin him I think I could be happy with Mahomes.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I can write moving up to get an inexperienced QB based on consensus off as a rookie GM mistake. No excuses for the scouts. No excuses for the rookie GM not building an offense around that inexperienced QB, but he seems to have learned his lesson so is forgiven.

Had we stayed put we could've ended up with Mahomes. Assuming the lack of offensive tools didn't ruin him I think I could be happy with Mahomes.
Still blaming the supporting cast I see...

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I read somewhere that not only did the scouts either want Watson or Mahomes, Nagy did as well but Pace was like "nah"

msadows

Liked Posts:
I am hoping the football gods threw us a 2 pound T-bone steak, medium rare. Or ribeye.

Prime ribeye cap.

c3v5kg8r8nd01.jpg

Prettiest steak money can buy, imo. Best tasting too. That marbling tho.

Mitch trubisky was more like skirt steak. Ton of flavor and potential but easy to fuck up.

Shit....i gotta go to costco now.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Prime ribeye cap.

c3v5kg8r8nd01.jpg

Mitch trubisky was more like skirt steak. Ton of flavor and potential but easy to fuck up.

Make sure you stock up on more Pee Pee Pads

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
If Jay Cutler was any good, he'd still be here, and we coulda avoided Mitch. Jay is only 38.

msadows

Liked Posts:
If Jay Cutler was any good, he'd still be here, and we coulda avoided Mitch. Jay is only 38.

If Rex Grossman wasn't a bum we wouldn't have had to trade for cutler and could have been superblowing.

Bearsgonewild

Liked Posts:
Prime ribeye cap.

c3v5kg8r8nd01.jpg

Winner! And my wife's favorite.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My puppy is 9 months now she pees outside

So let me get this straight. You're now saying that not only do your parents let you bring hookers home, but also let you have a puppy?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This is what Panther fans told themselves to feel good about Jimmy Clausen. It took Clausen to get Newton.
Newton was actually pretty good for them before he lost his damn mind