J.Graham could get cut.......

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
But he did get open and make plays between the 20's so the proof that he can is on tape.
Sorry but that is the exception last year, he was not willing to block and was VERY Lazy on routes and there is also proof of that on tape.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Kmet is a great potential, and I agree with most that Graham is practically useless in the run game and very lazy in between the 20s.

Problem is we are not sure that he can be completely replaced in the TD production. Kmet was never going to be the WR in a TEs body type, and there is not another TE on the Roster that has shown the ability to pick up the slack if Kmet was to go into that role

7 of Grahams 8 TDs were in the RZ and were more of the jump ball or boxing out variety. Both things Kmet can do at 6-6 and 260 pounds.

Graham is no longer a true move TE as he doesnt really stretch defenses as he is too slow to challenge them deep. He no longer has WR skills at TE. He is just a big target that can get in space within 10-15 yards of the LoS.

This O would be better served having someone that can stretch the middle of the field. That is no longer Graham.

Ralpf

Liked Posts:
Graham has no desire to run a decent route if he isn't in the red zone. That much is clear as day.

Whether he is capable doesn't matter, cause he is going to run a lazy route and put whoever the QB is in a bad situation.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If you think Graham is a dynamic weapon in between the 20s then you don't watch the games. No one is saying he never caught a ball in between the 20s. It simply is not a strength of his game and he isnt doing anything between the 20s that Kmet cant do and he does it while being a worse run and pass blocker.
So you're comeback to me throwing out facts that he has created separation between the 20's is to say i said anything even close to calling J.Graham a dynamic weapon? Hahahaha.

I also never said it was a strength, you said he can't do shit between the 20's and i said he did and has. I never said he was great for us but did say that we didn't really try to use him much between the 20's but when we did he made plays, that's of course when whatever QB we had throwing him the ball actually threw a catchable ball.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Sorry but that is the exception last year, he was not willing to block and was VERY Lazy on routes and there is also proof of that on tape.
Never said anything about that not being true but what's also on tape is him making plays between the 20's and not running lazy routes.

Again, i never said he didn't SOMETIMES run a lazy route and i damn sure never said he was a good blocker when he's never been a great blocker.

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
I will never understand after seeing Graham play last season how anyone would think that he is anything but a red-zone target for jump balls when he literally has declined with age to be completely and udderly use-less when it comes to stretching the field or doing the tight end work of blocking and now he wants to continue being paid like a well-rounded TE? Are you kidding me?

Liked Posts:
Okay i had to stop when you compared Kmet to Kelce and said he has identical playing traits and spitting image athleticism as kelce. I love Kmet and don't think that just because he's a big white TE like K.Rudolph that that means he's gonna have the same career as Rudolph or be the same player.
Youre comparing the two with Kelce as a polishied product instead of at the same point in their careers..

Stop that shit. Kind of hard to blame the player when the HC barley uses him yet when he does he gets open all over the field and the QB is incapable of progressing to his read.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I disagree there is no truth in that......Teams can get creative and its based on what they value...btw Dalton won't hit the cap number in year three....they are paying him 2.5 but there is zero impact on the cap.
Had nothing to do with being creative. Had to do with being in cap hell and desperate to sign another shit vet QB cause 1 on the team just isn't enough.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So you're comeback to me throwing out facts that he has created separation between the 20's is to say i said anything even close to calling J.Graham a dynamic weapon? Hahahaha.

I also never said it was a strength, you said he can't do shit between the 20's and i said he did and has. I never said he was great for us but did say that we didn't really try to use him much between the 20's but when we did he made plays, that's of course when whatever QB we had throwing him the ball actually threw a catchable ball.

You are being dense. The point is nothing he does between the 20s is special. So yes he is practically worthless between the 20s. You can put any competent TE in his place between the 20s and they can make the catches he does for a fraction of the cost as he does not stretch the field anymore. If he were a good blocker and playing inline like Kmet then that would be ok but he is playing move TE where generally you want someone that can stress the D down the deep middle.

Last edited: