OT: Rodgers still wants out

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
It doesn't matter what happened on the previous play. No non-idiot coach would make that call.

Here are the two scenarios.

1 kick fg.
Have to get the ball back and scored td regardless of out come.

2. go for it.
If you make it you just have to get the game to ot and try to win it there
If you miss you have them backed up and have to get ball back and score td regardless. Same as the first scenario.

It's mind boggling that any coach would not choose scenario 2.

I am not a packer fan, but any packer fan and rodgers should fuming over that call. Lefluer did his best nagy impersonation there. TBH i think even nagy would have gone for it.
i agree with you, i’m simply pointing out this all would be avoided if aaron put the ball in the end zone on third down.

very similar to Mitch against the Eagles and the double doink.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
QBs and their performance have a lot more to do with SBs than superior or inferior WRs are RBs.

the better question is the could the saints have won a SB the last 3-4 seasons with 2009 Drew Brees, and i think so.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure how you were able to divine this interpretation of what I posted within my post that you are quoting but I'm saying it is literally nobody's "bees-wax' whomst Rodgers sleeps with unless of course he is molesting them in some sort of illegal way, then it is up for the courts to decide.

He regularly fucks the Bears twice a year.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure how you were able to divine this interpretation of what I posted within my post that you are quoting but I'm saying it is literally nobody's "bees-wax' whomst Rodgers sleeps with unless of course he is molesting them in some sort of illegal way, then it is up for the courts to decide.
My best friends, 3rd cousins brother in laws 2nd cousin was Dana Patrick. So yes, I’d say it’s by bees wax!

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I will say it like this to bring the point home for both @bamainatlanta and @remydat. The Bears did more to help both Glennon and Trubisky than the Packers did for Rodgers most of his career

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Counter point: it’s irresponsible to invest further in the offense when it was #1 in football and his defense was the one that killed him in these playoffs.

Rings is what is hurting rodgers’ legacy, not stat lines.

It was a No 1 offense because of Rodgers, Adams and Jones. The rest of the skill players especially at WR are below average. The problem in the playoffs is you don't play a bunch of shitty defenses where just having one competent WR is enough. Or did you miss MVS dropping TD passes in the playoffs when it counts? Again it is easy for a good DC to scheme against Adams vs having to scheme against Evans, Goodwin, Brown, Gronk, and Miller. If Adams has an off day then that No 1 offense is largely fucked if it has to rely on MVS.

All I'm saying is that if your offense is consistently top 5 while the defense is shit, I'd probably also spend more on the defense. GM didn't need to draft Love in the first round tho. If you're gonna draft offense in the first round, get Rodgers a weapon and not a backup QB

No one is saying they can't spend on D. There is no law that says if you have a top O, you can't draft a WR in the first round. That is a cheap add and doesn't impact your FA spend. The fact they have never drafted a single 1st round WR while having possibly one of the greatest QBs of all time is quite fucking stupid. We are talking about not doing something for 15 or 16 years in a row. There is no way you can say taking a 1st round WR in one of those 15 or 16 years would have destroyed the ability to build a top D.

They have sucked on D in large part because they have drafted poorly on D and never took part in FA until late in the Thompson era. Not because they have spend a ton of resources on WRs.

Last edited:

46plank

Liked Posts:
Maybe, but he's also arguably the biggest toolbag in the entire NFL.

He loves drama. He holds grudges like no other.

I would not be shocked if he sat out just to fuck over GB. Don't expect it at all, but if any one in the NFL would do it to spite a team its aaron rodgers.

He's on that larry david level of spite.
I really hope he does. Screw him and the horse he rode in on

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
It was a No 1 offense because of Rodgers, Adams and Jones. The rest of the skill players especially at WR are below average. The problem in the playoffs is you don't play a bunch of shitty defenses where just having one competent WR is enough. Or did you miss MVS dropping TD passes in the playoffs when it counts? Again it is easy for a good DC to scheme against Adams vs having to scheme against Evans, Goodwin, Brown, Gronk, and Miller. If Adams has an off day then that No 1 offense is largely fucked if it has to rely on MVS.

No one is saying they can't spend on D. There is no law that says if you have a top O, you can't draft a WR in the first round. That is a cheap add and doesn't impact your FA spend. The fact they have never drafted a single 1st round WR while having possibly one of the greatest QBs of all time is quite fucking stupid. We are talking about not doing something for 15 or 16 years in a row. There is no way you can say taking a 1st round WR in one of those 15 or 16 years would have destroyed the ability to build a top D.

They have sucked on D in large part because they have drafted poorly on D and never took part in FA until late in the Thompson era. Not because they have spend a ton of resources on WRs.
i guess i just can’t see a way how it’s easy to scheme against an offense with a very good OL and run game as well aaron rodgers. mediocre skill positions or not, that was the #1 offense in football and they played to their strengths. they’re a run first team that play action passes off of it to great success. they had a very good OL and they lean on it.

you can’t really scheme against adams when you have aaron rodgers throwing the ball. great offense beat great defense every time.

and your comparison with the Bucs makes no sense, as they have a very very good defense as well, which was just as big of a reason for them winning the SB as all the weapons brady had was. it’s not as simple as saying well it was harder to scheme against TB, as it was harder to beat TB for other reasons just important as well.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
i guess i just can’t see a way how it’s easy to scheme against an offense with a very good OL and run game as well aaron rodgers. mediocre skill positions or not, that was the #1 offense in football and they played to their strengths. they’re a run first team that play action passes off of it to great success. they had a very good OL and they lean on it.

you can’t really scheme against adams when you have aaron rodgers throwing the ball. great offense beat great defense every time.

and your comparison with the Bucs makes no sense, as they have a very very good defense as well, which was just as big of a reason for them winning the SB as all the weapons brady had was. it’s not as simple as saying well it was harder to scheme against TB, as it was harder to beat TB for other reasons just important as well.
What do you mean you can’t scheme against Adams? I’ve seen plenty of teams do just that and shut him down. The Packers great offense did not beat the Bucs great defense.

Why can’t he compare the Bucs weapons to the Packers weapons? This entire conversation has been about offensive weapons.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
What do you mean you can’t scheme against Adams? I’ve seen plenty of teams do just that and shut him down. The Packers great offense did not beat the Bucs great defense.

Why can’t he compare the Bucs weapons to the Packers weapons? This entire conversation has been about offensive weapons.
because the packers have a better offense, they just play offense differently.

Brady is running the quick passing game very similar to what they were doing in NE, just with way better weapons.

Rodgers is running a west coast Shannahan type run first play action offense. and it was better than TB’s. GB just relies on their top 5 OL and RB room the same way TB relies on their top 5 WR room.

there’s more than one way to have a great offense in the NFL today.

I would argue TB’s great offense beat GB’s bad defense (aka their weak link)

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Brady is running the quick passing game very similar to what they were doing in NE, just with way better weapons.

Rodgers is running a west coast Shannahan type run first play action offense. and it was better than TB’s. GB just relies on their top 5 OL and RB room the same way TB relies on their top 5 WR room.

You mean an offense with weapons like Evans, Godwin, Brown, Fournette, Jones, Gronkowski, Brate and Miller beat the team has 2 studs and a bunch of scrubs? Interesting. It's almost as if GB added a major offensive piece, they might have won that game. Odd huh?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

The only thing that was compared was Brady’s weapons (they won a SB) to Rodgers weapons. There was literally nothing discussed about they types of offense they ran or how good they were.

But….Brady threw the most deep balls in the league in 2020. I believe his yards per attempt were one of the highest in his career. Arians doesn’t run a quick passing offense. He’s a vertical type of offense.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
You mean an offense with weapons like Evans, Godwin, Brown, Fournette, Jones, Gronkowski, Brate and Miller beat the team has 2 studs and a bunch of scrubs? Interesting. It's almost as if GB added a major offensive piece, they might have won that game. Odd huh?
the same could be same at CB. odd huh?

i don’t see the point of adding to the #1 offense in football at the expense of adding to a shit defense that needs more help. there is a salary cap in football and a limited amount of picks.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The only thing that was compared was Brady’s weapons (they won a SB) to Rodgers weapons. There was literally nothing discussed about they types of offense they ran or how good they were.

But….Brady threw the most deep balls in the league in 2020. I believe his yards per attempt were one of the highest in his career. Arians doesn’t run a quick passing offense. He’s a vertical type of offense.
im considering the packers OL a weapon. weapon is subjective. to the Packers offense that line is absolutely a weapon.

Arians progressively watched brady struggle with his offense and tweaked it as the year went on. they implemented more patriots concepts as the year went on.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
im considering the packers OL a weapon. weapon is subjective. to the Packers offense that line is absolutely a weapon.

Arians progressively watched brady struggle with his offense and tweaked it as the year went on. they implemented more patriots concepts as the year went on.
I wouldn’t consider OL a weapon but that’s just me. Either way, the Packers didn’t have the weapons compared to the Bucs (getting back on topic).

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
the same could be same at CB. odd huh?

i don’t see the point of adding to the #1 offense in football at the expense of adding to a shit defense that needs more help. there is a salary cap in football and a limited amount of picks.

You know, the 2019 Chiefs weren't exactly talented on the defensive side of the ball... but regardless, they could have drafted a defensive player in round 1 in 2020 instead of a bum, amirite?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
You know, the 2019 Chiefs weren't exactly talented on the defensive side of the ball... but regardless, they could have drafted a defensive player in round 1 in 2020 instead of a bum, amirite?
what do the chiefs have to do with the packers? it’s ironic because the chiefs D were just as big of a factor as their offense in their SB win.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
what’s your point then? don’t invest in your offensive line if you have a great QB?? if you think WR is more important to a QB than his offensive line you’re a fool.

The Packers have not drafted a 1st round offensive lineman in the past 11 seasons. Bakhtiari was a 4th round pick.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The Packers have not drafted a 1st round offensive lineman in the past 11 seasons. Bakhtiari was a 4th round pick.
And yet they seems to get pretty good ones. The round a player is drafted shouldn’t make a difference, should it?