Morgan Moses to visit Bears

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Can't wait until Pace gets his new 4 year deal with the Bears.
:Pace:

Right now I'd bet on that being more likely than less likely. Bears need to completely shit the bed this year for him to get fired IMO. (I mean they may.... they ARE still the Bears)

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Getting Moses and signing Robinson to an extension would be my focus if I were Pace. One more vet corner for competition would be icing on the cake.
I do have one other kinda big worry about the defense besides CB and that's having C.Jones as the #3 ILB. It'd be nice to have a better option that could come in and start if either of our injury prone starters got hurt. I think Roquan has a pro bowl type year if he can stay healthy and still believe in Trevathan more than most but he's obviously not as good as he's been up until last year even though he picked it up in the 2nd half of the season and was good for us.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I do have one other kinda big worry about the defense besides CB and that's having C.Jones as the #3 ILB. It'd be nice to have a better option that could come in and start if either of our injury prone starters got hurt. I think Roquan has a pro bowl type year if he can stay healthy and still believe in Trevathan more than most but he's obviously not as good as he's been up until last year even though he picked it up in the 2nd half of the season and was good for us.
I don’t have an issue with Jones as the number 3 inside backer. He played pretty well when he was here last time.

He’s only 30 too.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
We'll see won't we?

It's the Bears and usually when us fans are counting on everything going right...that's usually what happens.

?
you are taking my statement of saying there isn’t a good chance of one of them busting as somehow i am saying there is a good chance both of them will hit. i’m not, i’m saying there’s no reason for one of the two to be more likely to bust just because.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am not sure why Ryan Pace woke up and decided to go hard at the OL this offseason, but I love every second of it.

Moses would be a significant upgrade to Ifedi.
He has played LT at a high level in the past and could be depth over there.
He is 30 and has been durable.

I am fine with a 1 year, 2 year or 3 year deal for Moses, whatever works with the cap better.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I don’t have an issue with Jones as the number 3 inside backer. He played pretty well when he was here last time.

He’s only 30 too.
Yep. Jones is no great player but he got plenty of playing time in Detroit. We were worse at #3 ILB last year.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was thinking the same thing that if we sign Moses it could mean putting Daniels back at C again. I know it didn't work out so well the first time but the team was much more a mess at that time and Daniels looked good until he got hurt last year so maybe he's been putting the work in and has grown the last couple of offseasons, you know, like young players do...LOL.

The other option could be cutting or trading Whitehair to clear some cap to sign Moses and going with Mustipher at C and Ifedi at RG. They paid Ifedi too much to be a backup. I'm not sure this option is too likely but you never know. They gotta make a decision on re-signing Daniels after this year don't they?
I don't see how it affects the interior line in any way. Ifedi sucks at G. It may appear counterintuitive but he's much better at RT. If you sign Moses, you pencil him in at RT with availability at LT and Ifedi becomes the back up.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
We would also have the best depth in years in the o line with Bars and Ifedi as back ups.
If Borom was decent the depth would be really good. Wilkinson as a 4th bench guy is okay too. I hate him as primary depth, but if he was needed because we were decimated with injuries it is a different story

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe he'll sign with Detroit and they'll move him to kicker.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes it would be great if all of our FAs, draft picks, and other disappointing picks were good in 2021.

How often have I seen this happen? ZERO TIMES.

Man, I'm going to have a blast on CCS this season. I cannot wait for meatball posts during the season while games are actually being played.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Yes it would be great if all of our FAs, draft picks, and other disappointing picks were good in 2021.

Man, I'm going to have a blast on CCS this season. I cannot wait for meatball posts during the season while games are actually being played.
I have more faith in Borom than Jenkins and I'm sure it is unfounded, but Borom played better competition and certainly didn't play worse

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:

That does sound like a blast. So you're obviously not a Bears fan, so why are you here?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
That does sound like a blast. So you're obviously not a Bears fan, so why are you here?
Ahh...the ol' spectator sports fan gatekeeper bit.

Being critical of Ryan "no playoff wins" Pace = you're not a fan.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I saw or read something that just 53% of 1st round picks sign second contracts. It was some shit like that.

Don't doubt it. There are a ton of busts. The NFL is as random as any draft in sports. FFS the best player ever is a 6th round pick. The 2nd best(IMO, rodgers) got passed up on by a ton of teams because they thought they were smarter than everyone else.

Meanwhile you got guys like jamarcus russell getting picked #1 overall because they can throw the ball hard.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Ahh...the ol' spectator sports fan gatekeeper bit.

Being critical of Ryan "no playoff wins" Pace = you're not a fan.

Aint nothing wrong with being critical....just don't be a hater.

Pace is an average GM. Outside of the trubisky mistake he's performed well at his job. That mitch mistake probably would have cost him his job if he didn't get lucky and get fields.

A lot of being a GM in the nfl is luck. There are usually only a few generational players in each draft, the majority of GM's get 7+ picks to find one, and only a few do. The ones who get lucky and do stick around.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
As an Eagle fan I've seen a lot of Moses. He's a solid swing tackle. Nothing great, but solid. Probably best as a backup, but overall he's good. Biggest item was injuries. He seemed to always be hurt, but willing to play through it. Admirable to fight through the injury, but if it hurts your team it's not good.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good info from someone who's seen him play. This place gets a little heavy on hopium and PFF grades.