Did Matt Nagy take an unintentional shot at Mitch Trubisky while complimenting Andy dalton

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
It sounds like he's taking a shot at the wide receivers if you ask me....

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I would like to be remembered by how I compare to abject failures.

I am taller than Hervé Villechaize.
Smarter than George W. Bush.
Better looking and more athletic than Bruce Vilanch.

jts1207

Liked Posts:
Mitch sucked. It is hard not to talk about that when you have a QB who doesn’t completely blow.

Mitch sucked yes, but let’s not act like Dalton is some huge upgrade. Dalton sucked in Dallas.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's good to hear.

Maybe Fields will end up beginning in a Tayson Hill type role?!

I don't like the feel of the schedule though, rather it challenge Dalton than frustrate fields.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitch sucked yes, but let’s not act like Dalton is some huge upgrade. Dalton sucked in Dallas.
He actually wasn't that bad, playing in New system, no offseason and was improving before he got smashed against Washington. Is he the answer....nope....better than Mitch in brain game....yup

Strike up E40....nope/yup

Canth

Liked Posts:
If you think about taking shots, he is taking shots at both Mitch and Nick, then also the wide receivers saying this year you better be ready and get your details right.

I liked it that he went at the wide receivers a bit to say it's not just all on the qb, you need to get your crap together too or we will have conversations on whether or not you are on the team.

As I said in another thread, I listened to Adam Jahn's on his podcast. He commented that Dalton was not just throwing checkdowns either and looked ok. Dalton himself, from a mentoring point of view, said he talks to Fields about where his eyes go. I can't remember if he specifically mentioned what keys he looks for in defenses. But, that is a large part of the value that Dalton will bring to Fields - hopefully showing how you can speed up your progressions and reads by reading the keys right and putting your eyes in the correct starting place based on that and the playcall. I always got the impression that was one of the issues with Mitch - they used to talk a lot about correct eye placement which makes me think that was a detail that he missed at times in the games.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Poor Saab Turbo Trubisky

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That headline didn't match the quote.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Reminds me of how I was saying that Nagy must be confident that Dalton has the ability to put the ball where it needs to be, when it needs to be there, in his offense. It doesn't make Andy Dalton a great QB but perhaps a very solid one for this offense.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Dalton isn't good, but he is going to be a noticeable upgrade.

Mitch could not throw more than 10 yards downfield with any accuracy and anticipation.

jts1207

Liked Posts:
Dalton isn't good, but he is going to be a noticeable upgrade.

Mitch could not throw more than 10 yards downfield with any accuracy and anticipation.

He’s not going to be a noticeable upgrade. His games in Dallas last year were terrible.