Anyone into drones?

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I picked one up about 3 weeks ago. I'm still learning and ended up returning the one I bought. Plan on buy either a DJI Mini 2 or Mavic Air 2.

First video I did (with only 3 prior flights, lol)

Here is the video I made last week

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Are they getting any quieter?

I think they are neat, but a few years ago I was at a memorial day ceremony near the air force base, and I swear to god it was like trying to listen to the service, and the singers etc with a giant super loud fucking mosquito floating around everywhere.

Maybe my boomer ears just heard that particular drone tone extra well but it was super distracting and annoying.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My neighbor has shot down 2 of them. Was very funny when the owner showed up to complain. Put an end to the drone problem.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Obama likes drones. 8-0

Great videos you took there. I am wondering about the noise level as well.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

I think they are neat, but a few years ago I was at a memorial day ceremony near the air force base, and I swear to god it was like trying to listen to the service, and the singers etc with a giant super loud fucking mosquito floating around everywhere.

Maybe my boomer ears just heard that particular drone tone extra well but it was super distracting and annoying.
Some of them are so fucking annoying. I have a completely blind dog who goes bonkers every time one is flying around near us.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I'm usually pretty high up. I can't hear mine usually until I'm coming down to land.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
My neighbor has shot down 2 of them. Was very funny when the owner showed up to complain. Put an end to the drone problem.
Do you live in the U.S.? I had a neighbor who was super creepy and would hover over peoples backyards. Like hovering over littles in bathing suits. Multiple people threatened to shoot it down. To my surprise that is a federal offense. It's literally shooting down an aircraft. I don't fly/hover over people. I can fly offset and crop to get the look I'm looking for in most shots.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Obama likes drones. 8-0

Great videos you took there. I am wondering about the noise level as well.
Thanks I appreciate it. It really depends on the drone. I'd say 30ft and below you can probably hear my drone. I'm rarely below that as you can kind of gauge for most of my shots. I totally agree. Quite a few drone guys are super annoying. I try not to be.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you live in the U.S.? I had a neighbor who was super creepy and would hover over peoples backyards. Like hovering over littles in bathing suits. Multiple people threatened to shoot it down. To my surprise that is a federal offense. It's literally shooting down an aircraft. I don't fly/hover over people. I can fly offset and crop to get the look I'm looking for in most shots.
This guy was doing the same thing. He wasn't a guy that is comfortable with cops. He seemed to get the message.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Im not. I did manage to see a manchild take some expensive looking thing and crash it into a road next to the park.. it got ran over. I laughed...

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This guy was doing the same thing. He wasn't a guy that is comfortable with cops. He seemed to get the message.
Yeah. Honestly regardless of whether or not it's legal, its creepy to hover over people like that. Common sense should be enough for people but sadly it's not. That said legally you can't really hover over people like that. You can if you have a part 107 certification and get a waiver but I'd assume most people don't. I plan on getting one but I also have experience with multi-million dollar drones so it just makes sense to go ahead and do it.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

Pretty sure that you own the airspace above your property to something like 500 feet.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Pretty sure that you own the airspace above your property to something like 500 feet.

Mostly the answer is no you don't own the airspace above your home. That said you can't fly over people. The FAA is about to grant drone delivery to Amazon. That will supercede state/local law. The FAA regulates +500AGL but they can also regulate below that.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I used to travel 50% of the year and would take pictures of things I experienced. I figure this is another way to capture those experiences.
I have a good amount of hobbies - probably to many. Not looking to add another lol. I will say that if you travel alot, it would make it much more entertaining. I assume taking your drone on the same ole terrain and area day after day may get repetitive.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Quick video I made from my trip last week to Utah.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Your footage is great- I have had this guy in my amazon cart for a bit.
Havent bought it because I dont want to pick a turd.

You know if this one is comparable to what you have, or do I need to up my price window?