J.Johnson snubbed by PFF in CB rankings.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interesting for a couple of reasons. Regardless of what we as fans think of PFF, we do know that the Bears use them to some degree, so it's worth noting. The other reason is that Collinsworth played wide-receiver and would naturally know a thing or two about watching film on cornerbacks (that is assuming Collinsworth, and not one of someone else in that org, scouted him).

msadows

Liked Posts:
Interesting for a couple of reasons. Regardless of what we as fans think of PFF, we do know that the Bears use them to some degree, so it's worth noting. The other reason is that Collinsworth played wide-receiver and would naturally know a thing or two about watching film on cornerbacks (that is assuming Collinsworth, and not one of someone else in that org, scouted him).

lol I can 100% guarantee you collinsworth is not going around grading these guys.

It's a group of some nerds with degrees in stats/analytics.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Most corners won't get much respect without the interceptions

agreed.

Also, JJ played well for a rookie in his situation but he wasn't anywhere near even being a good corner in this league yet. Zero turnovers + a passer rating against of over a 100 is okay for a rook, but thats not very good for a vet. Still, he showed a ton of flash. Thats the most you can hope out of a rook corner that had no preseason.

Canth

Liked Posts:
agreed.

Also, JJ played well for a rookie in his situation but he wasn't anywhere near even being a good corner in this league yet. Zero turnovers + a passer rating against of over a 100 is okay for a rook, but thats not very good for a vet. Still, he showed a ton of flash. Thats the most you can hope out of a rook corner that had no preseason.
Yeah, and that is one reason why I find it a bit disappointing that JJ has not been at OTA's. This guy is not Mack or Hicks who have many years of experience. This is a young, developing corner who needs all the on field work he can get.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol I can 100% guarantee you collinsworth is not going around grading these guys.

It's a group of some nerds with degrees in stats/analytics.
Well, maybe... But I would be surprised if he didn't do it for the games he broadcasts.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, and that is one reason why I find it a bit disappointing that JJ has not been at OTA's. This guy is not Mack or Hicks who have many years of experience. This is a young, developing corner who needs all the on field work he can get.
I believe you're onto something here. Usually early in camp the defense is ahead of the offense, but Johnson, along with the rest of the defense, might be a bit behind. We'll find out next week. Regardless, I sure hope Johnson stretches his hamstrings properly, because the Bears have added speed at receiver that didn't exist last year. Don't panic if he gets burned deep early on because he's underestimated the speed on the other side of the ball.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I believe you're onto something here. Usually early in camp the defense is ahead of the offense, but Johnson, along with the rest of the defense, might be a bit behind. We'll find out next week. Regardless, I sure hope Johnson stretches his hamstrings properly, because the Bears have added speed at receiver that didn't exist last year. Don't panic if he gets burned deep early on because he's underestimated the speed on the other side of the ball.
He got burned and beat multiple times last year but luckily the QB missed the the WR so he needs to work on that.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
The Bears have a grip of players that are still developing and we won't know how solid they are until the last 3rd of the season.

The good thing about having Fields is that it potentially narrows the blame game for nuthuggers that don't want to accept that guys like Cohen, Monty, Kmet just might be average guys.

But if there's player development issues, I fully expect "fire Nagy" threads to ramp up.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Where are the PFF rankings

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
The Bears have a grip of players that are still developing and we won't know how solid they are until the last 3rd of the season.

The good thing about having Fields is that it potentially narrows the blame game for nuthuggers that don't want to accept that guys like Cohen, Monty, Kmet just might be average guys.

But if there's player development issues, I fully expect "fire Nagy" threads to ramp up.
Average is fine if Robinson and Mooney are above average