2022 FA targets

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
While @Montucky wants to discuss his durability, here are Mack's percentage of snaps played:
2018 - 72%
2019 - 86%
2020 - 84%

Yes, let us please discuss his "decline" while playing injured and worry about his "durability."
Yeah I don't really think he has declined much if at all. Realistically 2018 was his best year, but he also had the best scheme, health, and players around him were healthy that year. Those aren't excuses because he has been really good outside of that year too. Also maybe playing less snaps and having a decent offense in 18 helped him as well.

Also I think a lot of people forget he had a couple sacks negated by pretty bad penalty calls last year

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Yeah I don't really think he has declined much if at all. Realistically 2018 was his best year, but he also had the best scheme, health, and players around him were healthy that year. Those aren't excuses because he has been really good outside of that year too. Also maybe playing less snaps and having a decent offense in 18 helped him as well.

Also I think a lot of people forget he had a couple sacks negated by pretty bad penalty calls last year
Not buying it. He's playing like a 45 year old man. Obviously in decline.

Montucky

Liked Posts:

Yeah but in 2018 teams would double and even triple team him, or just not even run plays to his side of the field. He hasn't been the same since he laid an egg against Oakland in 2019. He's not bad by any means, but my point all along has been that he's going to eventually be bad and you don't want the Bears to be stuck taking a thirty million dollar cap hit for a guy who isn't really rosterable.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
And the white flag gets officially raised.
It's not a white flag at all.

If your contention that something isn't your own belief then it must be something that is generally agreed upon. Could you provide a link that shows your ideas of durability are generally agreed upon?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
It's not a white flag at all.

If your contention that something isn't your own belief then it must be something that is generally agreed upon. Could you provide a link that shows your ideas of durability are generally agreed upon?
Well its the literal definition of the word durability. But since you and your friends are borderline illiterate I probably shouldn't press the issue.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Yeah but in 2018 teams would double and even triple team him, or just not even run plays to his side of the field. He hasn't been the same since he laid an egg against Oakland in 2019. He's not bad by any means, but my point all along has been that he's going to eventually be bad and you don't want the Bears to be stuck taking a thirty million dollar cap hit for a guy who isn't really rosterable.
I'm not too concerned about that. I think he'll play at a very high level through this contract. I wish his cap hit wasn't what it is, but it doesn't change what I think of him as a player.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Well its the literal definition of the word durability. But since you and your friends are borderline illiterate I probably shouldn't press the issue.
I just checked, there's no definition that includes performance on the football field for the word 'durability.' So, again, could you please provide a link on how the word 'durability' in the world of football is generally agreed upon to mean what you say it means?

du·ra·bil·i·ty

noun

1. the ability to withstand wear, pressure, or damage.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I just checked, there's no definition that includes performance on the football field for the word 'durability.' So, again, could you please provide a link on how the word 'durability' in the world of football is generally agreed upon to mean what you say it means?

du·ra·bil·i·ty

noun

1. the ability to withstand wear, pressure, or damage.
You actually had to Google the definition of durability? Jesus...

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Here we go... I know its late in the Balkans, may be a case of boozebrane.

Meltdown inc...

How many Niksickos do you think he drank? My guess is 4 before he Montuckered himself out.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Its not a rebuild. A rebuild would be trading away guys like Jaylon Johnson or Darnell Mooney, and notice how I don't advocate for cutting Cody Whitehair (a significantly overpaid player in his own right). Its just reallocating resources in a salary cap league. You want to pay a thirty-three year old Khalil Mack ten percent of the Bears salary cap to contribute at the level of a rotation pass rusher?
even in a rebuild we would never rid of Mooney and Johnson

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Could we spend big every third year and not at all the other two so the league gives us lots of free comp picks like the Patriots and ravens or do you expect to catch the teams picking 10 times with our 5 picks a year?
You can still be aware of the comp picks. There are lots of ways to get around the comp picks.

Players who have been released.
Veteran Trades