J.Johnson snubbed by PFF in CB rankings.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Johnson was only really good for half the season. Then he got hurt, his play declined, and they finally shut him down.

The Bears are razor thin at CB.
We really need Trufant to stay healthy, Vildor to take the next step and would be real nice if the talk about T.Graham Jr ends up being real and we got a steal in the 6th round.

If Trufant can stay healthy and of course JJ can as well then we should be good especially if our pass rush wakes up this year. I'm not too worried about NB cause think one of Vildor or Graham will win that job and be fine.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I second your derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
More worried about JJ staying health than his play on the field. I think he was solid last year and should only improve if he could stay on the field. The overall depth is frightening though.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can you get snubbed by subjective statistics?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
We really need Trufant to stay healthy, Vildor to take the next step and would be real nice if the talk about T.Graham Jr ends up being real and we got a steal in the 6th round.
Nicolas Cage's Greatest Performance Yet Is Nicolas Cage Playing the Meme  Version of Himself

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tangentially, don't forget we also have the "Desmond Trufant" from 2020, Artie Burns, who's still only 26.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Can you get snubbed by subjective statistics?
Right? A garbage website writing a story to complain about another garbage website. Two layers of trash

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
lol I can 100% guarantee you collinsworth is not going around grading these guys.

It's a group of some nerds with degrees in stats/analytics.
yeah what a bunch of nerds, fooling one of the most well respected voices in the nfl into believing in their system, as well as numerous nfl teams.

I’d much rather get the evaluations of an internet message board Bears homer who thinks there was 3 generational QBs in one draft.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Right? A garbage website writing a story to complain about another garbage website. Two layers of trash
PFF is universally well respected. The writer of this terrible article is this guy CDE8AF6A-816D-4BA9-9415-00E95CA16F36.jpeg

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

If Trufant can stay healthy and of course JJ can as well then we should be good especially if our pass rush wakes up this year. I'm not too worried about NB cause think one of Vildor or Graham will win that job and be fine.
Trufant is ass.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I thought he looked like a future All Pro the first quarter of the season last year, and then he started missing tackles and getting beat as the season continued without generating any turnovers.

As others mentioned, CB's only get respect when they create interceptions. Johnsons ball skills need some major improvement if he's going to be a #1 CB in this league. I started off wildly optimistic about his future, but now I'm lukewarm.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think if you are thinking you have a number 1 DB, I think this team is still looking. But sadly, if they aren't going to keep Fuller after 2021, best to see what you have out of the young guys now to be honest.

But yeah as this post was going on about I don't know if this was a top 10 or Top 20... but I don't think he has done anything to be on that list... yet.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interestingly, they have Steven Nelson ranked as the 13th best CB. He is still a free agent.

Nelson was another surprise release by a team strapped for salary cap space. His addition, along with the signing of Joe Haden, helped stabilize a turbulent cornerback position in Pittsburgh over these last two seasons. Nelson ranks among the top 10 cornerbacks in the league in both completion rate allowed (53.9%) and passer rating allowed (75.1) among 68 players at the position to see at least 100 targets since 2019.