Nagy definitively says Fields can’t win the starting job for Week 1

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Also this, fuck your plan of total incompetence and throwing away 2021. Talk about Graham wanting to win a SB and coming back to just get bullshitted. Stupid to limit yourself. Aggravating as fuck.
are you suggesting they’re a contender with Fields?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
rolling out a rookie QB with a rookie LT and question marks all over the offensive line against aaron donald, leonard floyd, and jalen ramsey on the road in week 1 on prime time sounds like probably the stupidest thing you could ever do.

what is so wrong with waiting to see if the offensive line is even functional before throwing the franchise savior to the wolves?

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
are you suggesting they’re a contender with Fields?
Think you are one with Dalton?

Watson went to playoffs year one.

I just want the best QB to start week 1. To not even allow a competition shows the HC is a little bitch that promised his new friend the gig. Nothing against Dalton but to just throw the opportunity for Fields aside is a fireable offense.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
rolling out a rookie QB with a rookie LT and question marks all over the offensive line against aaron donald, leonard floyd, and jalen ramsey on the road in week 1 on prime time sounds like probably the stupidest thing you could ever do.

what is so wrong with waiting to see if the offensive line is even functional before throwing the franchise savior to the wolves?
He is not Mitch. Find out what you have don’t baby the situation if he wins the competition. There is no easy out in the NFL.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Think you are one with Dalton?

Watson went to playoffs year one.

I just want the best QB to start week 1. To not even allow a competition shows the HC is a little bitch that promised his new friend the gig. Nothing against Dalton but to just throw the opportunity for Fields aside is a fireable offense.
they aren’t one with either QB. if you can’t see that then you don’t have a realistic view of this team.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
He can't win the job in camp but he can in preseason. He can't win the job in camp but Dalton can lose it. Semantics.
No. Again, read the quotes.

Silvy in that Tweet you quoted is referencing a previous question. In his follow-up, he specifically asked Nagy if that means that Fields cannot win the starting job for Opening Day, and Nagy responded, “Clarification that he can’t win it—Yes, correct.”

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
He is not Mitch. Find out what you have don’t baby the situation if he wins the competition. There is no easy out in the NFL.
what does mitch have to do with this?? have bears fans not seen a QB let down by his offensive line enough by now?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
No is doesn’t…..it also matters for Fields development
delaying his debut 3-4 weeks to make sure his offensive line won’t get him killer isn’t going to be the reason he succeeds or fails in the NFL. don’t be ridiculous and try to be objective.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Dumb organizations guarantee jobs to players that haven't earned it. They're just repeating the same mistake they made with Mike Glennon, and it's going to backfire on them again if Justin Fields outperforms Andy Dalton in training camp and pre-season.

Let me just say that if this scenario turns out to be the one that becomes reality, Matt Nagy should be fired. This is so infuriating and grossly incompetent. I can't imagine how a player would feel losing games while knowing the better quarterback is sitting on the bench because of some dumbass promise made to a guy you panic-signed in the offseason. That is a disservice to your players.

Last edited:

Visionman

Liked Posts:
It would be nice if reporters and fans stopped trying to find and believe stupid things…

jonimus

Liked Posts:
Too much care don't care coach speak players will tell the story coach will turn the pages boom mic drop

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This could be a possible explanation of what he meant about his comment. If Dalton plays during the preseason, then he had a poor camp and it’s a competition until week 1
OPs post does have a quote about opening day. Aren't we considering that to be week 1 and not the pre-season? Because i thought the same as you until i realized he said opening day.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It would be nice if reporters and fans stopped trying to find and believe stupid things…
We should stop listening to the things these people are saying and just believe what we want to believe. That will make everything better.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
what does mitch have to do with this?? have bears fans not seen a QB let down by his offensive line enough by now?
Because Mitch needed training wheels. You seriously think making a decision out of fear is the appropriate call? They have evaluators for a reason. If he gives you the best chance and is ready, start him. Don’t deliberately hold him back because something is not “ideal”. Every time an OL or WR get hurt, should they pull Fields from the field?

Other QBs are given an opportunity to learn and thrive while this fan base is stuck in QB development of the 1980s.

Bottom line is he is a competitor so let him compete. He should be excited to showcase his skills on prime time if he wins, what an opportunity he won’t receive.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now, a lot of people are trying to obfuscate this, but pay attention to the quote and the context. It’s clear. It’s definitive.

Silverman: “We want clarification on whether that means Justin Fields cannot win the job on Opening Day.”

Nagy: “Clarification that he can’t win it—Yes, correct.”

Guys, that’s as definitive as it gets. And I love how it took a radio guy stalking the Bears ZOOMs the last few weeks to ask a question the Bears beat reporters should’ve been asking this whole time.

A lot of sports reporters are simply sycophants and afraid. Dude, no one’s pass is getting revoked over that question. There’s no reason a Bears beat reporter shouldn’t have been asking that question. And now they’re all trying to downplay it, while the national guys, rightly, are treating it as a big story.

To your point, this question was only asked by the Chicago media as a follow up to the recent Chris Collinsworth interview where Chris basically asked that very question.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Because Mitch needed training wheels. You seriously think making a decision out of fear is the appropriate call? They have evaluators for a reason. If he gives you the best chance and is ready, start him. Don’t deliberately hold him back because something is not “ideal”. Every time an OL or WR get hurt, should they pull Fields from the field?

Other QBs are given an opportunity to learn and thrive while this fan base is stuck in QB development of the 1980s.

Bottom line is he is a competitor so let him compete. He should be excited to showcase his skills on prime time if he wins, what an opportunity he won’t receive.
caution is not fear, don’t be such a straw man.

if you can’t see the obvious reasons to be concerned with a questionable OL and a rookie LT against the best defensive player and best defense last year i don’t know what to tell you