Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Pretty sure erik lambert tried carjack me at 39th and archer last night. Not only does he need a real job but a GED
So can't write his own articles or drive his own car? Probably had to borrow the gun from his less bald ass 2nd cousin.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He did say something about loving r. Pace and the prestigious columbia college of chicago while i was peeling out on his face
Maybe he just thought you were his Uber after leaving work at the Image carwash on the corner.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Idc what anyone says i like jon gruden
He is entertaining as a HC, at least HC of anyone not the Bears, as a commentator his shtick was getting pretty tired.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
A few different ways to look at this.

The Raiders, clearly, have not taken advantage of the full haul that was sent their way---And it was indeed *quite* the haul. In a vacuum, the Bears are better off with Mack than they would've been without him. The unknown is what the Bears would've done with those picks.

The other side of it is that the Mack trade took the gamble that Trubisky was your guy. If Trubisky didn't play up to par, Mack's performance would've ultimately been wasted. That's essentially where we are now. 2018 was a hell of a lot of fun, but the Mack trade---taking Trubisky, the coaches' and offense's performances into account---ultimately really wasn't worth it.

Unless Fields comes in this year, balls out, and leads the Bears to a Super Bowl ASAP, the Mack trade was wasted, and with it a bunch of picks (that the Bears may have fucked up anyway, but still...)

The earliest you could really cut or trade (haha!) Mack would be next year, when his cap hit will be $30 mil and his dead cap "only" be $24 mil. Year after that, it's $28.5M and $11.6M. We've clearly seen Mack slowed down by mileage and injury, and I don't suspect it will get any better, aside from fairly solid play and some flashes of brilliance here and there.

TLDR: It depends how you look at it. Mack delivered his first year, and has been fairly solid since, albeit with some injury and sluggishness included. But taking into account the lack of offensive growth or any deep playoff runs multiple years later, while giving away some potentially valuable picks, it would be hard to say the trade was worth it in the end. Such is life.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Bears won that trade hands down. Problem was Pace picked the wrong QB. Raiders got a middling RB(and other spare parts) that probably won't even get a 2nd contract by the time year 5 starts. Arnette was a disaster last year as well.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Obviously picks would have been different, but as player swaps it was a Raiders disaster.
Bears received:
Khalil Mack
2020 second-round pick (tight end Cole Kmet at No. 43)
2020 seventh-round pick (offensive lineman Arlington Hambright at No. 226)

Bears traded away:
2019 first round (running back Josh Jacobs at No. 24 by Raiders)
2019 sixth round (cornerback Blessuan Austin at No. 196 by Jets)
2020 first round (cornerback Damon Arnette at No. 19 by Raiders)
2020 third round (receiver Bryan Edwards at No. 81 by Raiders)

If you valued Mack at the #3 overall, which I think is fair or conservative, the draft value chart has it as Bears Value 2670 to Raiders value 1811.

They clearly banked on the Bears returning top 10 picks to have thrown in the second rounder in return.

mecha

Liked Posts:
He is entertaining as a HC, at least HC of anyone not the Bears, as a commentator his shtick was getting pretty tired.
lol, he loved every player and thought they were all GREAT. his like camps where he evaluates incoming rookie quarterbacks were always good too. I think he fucked up going back to coaching. especially with a perennially degenerate franchise like the Raiders, despite all efforts to not be.

they also got MLB-ed into Las Vegas, which I think is beyond fucking stupid. but whatever.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Raiders wasted that haul. But we haven’t got our money’s worth from Mack, either…

I actually agree with this. You make a move like that for a final piece that leads to deep playoff runs or a franchise QB.

We pulled the trigger and won ZERO playoff games.

I'm in @Toast88 's second camp in post #12.

And no, it's not hindsight because I questioned the trade as it went down with "Pace has to be sure Trubisky is the guy."

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Obviously picks would have been different, but as player swaps it was a Raiders disaster.
Bears received:
Khalil Mack
2020 second-round pick (tight end Cole Kmet at No. 43)
2020 seventh-round pick (offensive lineman Arlington Hambright at No. 226)

Bears traded away:
2019 first round (running back Josh Jacobs at No. 24 by Raiders)
2019 sixth round (cornerback Blessuan Austin at No. 196 by Jets)
2020 first round (cornerback Damon Arnette at No. 19 by Raiders)
2020 third round (receiver Bryan Edwards at No. 81 by Raiders)

If you valued Mack at the #3 overall, which I think is fair or conservative, the draft value chart has it as Bears Value 2670 to Raiders value 1811.

They clearly banked on the Bears returning top 10 picks to have thrown in the second rounder in return.
Interesting take, but do you really think Mack's collective production over 2018, 2019, and 2020 warrants a #3 overall, and shouldn't cap cost also be factored into the equation?

Not only would the Bears still have had the draft capital they traded way, but some more cap space in those years as well.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
It was kind of a lose-lose for both teams, IMO. The Raiders wasted their picks on bad players, and the Bears wasted their 2-3 years of Mack's prime with a quarterback they had high hopes for, but never panned out. Also, they won zero playoff games.

I still think it was worth the gamble, just as I think it would be worth a gamble to go all out next year in year 2 of Justin Fields' contract. You wouldn't be able to make a move like that when the quarterback is taking up most of your salary cap.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was kind of a lose-lose for both teams, IMO. The Raiders wasted their picks on bad players, and the Bears wasted their 2-3 years of Mack's prime with a quarterback they had high hopes for, but never panned out. Also, they won zero playoff games.

I still think it was worth the gamble, just as I think it would be worth a gamble to go all out next year in year 2 of Justin Fields' contract. You wouldn't be able to make a move like that when the quarterback is taking up most of your salary cap.
Gamble with what? And shouldn't you let Fields take a few snaps before deciding to go all in?