Lawn Mowing Thread

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What kind of equipment are you guys running?

I have a John Deere - 42in deck
e150_lawn_tractor_r4g035049.jpg

And a Craftsman trimmer. It does OK for what I need it for.

spin_prod_246365101

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Not so sure about your push mower Gus but I'm sure it does the trick. How do you like your STIHL
It's actually a self-propelled, but I couldn't get a good picture to pop up for me.

I love the STIHL. That thing is a beast.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Right now I am rolling in a world class p.o.s. 94 deere 345.
It was beat up when i got it,, and since that point the lady backed the truck in to it.
I will get pics later- it is stunningly ugly.

However, to make amends, my lady has struck a deal for this- 2019 2025.
4 wheel drive, hydraulic hookups, quick connect... the whole 9 yards.

IMG_4984.jpg

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Now I don't want you all to get jealous about my current panty-dropper of a mower.
Check this bitch out.
Note the mods-
Silver speed strips on the hood.
Randomized cold air intake vent
Customized stainless steel wire holding the industrial vinyl tape and steel pto toggle.
Belt guard removed for speed

This is a pimp ass ride!

20210624_192641.jpg

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I literally have an electric mower and an electric weed eater.

My dad gave me back a gas powered weed eater that I had given him forever ago and I hate it. It smells like gas and exhaust and you constantly have to mess with it to keep it happy, I am thinking about setting it out on the curb for free.

I have to mow one 20x20 patch btw, and the grass grows slow here so its like once a month.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Now I don't want you all to get jealous about my current panty-dropper of a mower.
Check this bitch out.
Note the mods-
Customized stainless steel wire holding the industrial vinyl tape and steel pto toggle.

This is a pimp ass ride!

View attachment 12397
You might be a redneck…

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

My dad gave me back a gas powered weed eater that I had given him forever ago and I hate it. It smells like gas and exhaust and you constantly have to mess with it to keep it happy, I am thinking about setting it out on the curb for free.

I have to mow one 20x20 patch btw, and the grass grows slow here so its like once a month.
My buddy has a decent sized lawn and he got a battery operated one.
He says he will never go back to gas.

I messed with it and it kicked ass. If it was an option for me I would get one for sure.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You might be a redneck…

Don't be a hater.
You know it is sweet.

I forgot to mention that the seat has come undone from the back and keeps flopping forward.
On mowing day, I hit the foam with a can of automotive headliner adhesive and away I go.

Made for a funny situation a few weeks back. My hair fell down between the seat and the back as I sat down- had to yank it out and lop off a couple inches off the end of the ol ponytail.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I push a Craftsman T110 around my lawn.
Weed Wacker is also Craftsman.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:

Needed to replace a carb on another and said fuck it, let me give electric a go.

I got the Makita 2x 18v one. Good for what I need, wish I would have bought one earlier. Dont have to worry about end of season maintenance, fuel etc anymore.

Id only go gas again if I had a lot of thick brush on a large acreage. Even then Id still supplement it with an electric one.

May eventually look into an electric mower once I get enough batteries or once they can do larger yards on single charges.

Mower:

A rusty Honda, like some interweb photo below

W6BOUPFG7EI6RJSWSQ7O7K25V4.jpg

Weed Wacker

bd593819-e683-4881-872f-36ebd2341140_xru18pt_f_1500px.png

Last edited:

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Thought about an electric, but I had a rather poor experience with an electric Ryobi trimmer. The battery was complete shit after two seasons and this was with limited use. It was also a wedding gift so maybe it was just a cheap base model. My other issue was the only string that fit was .65 which doesn't last long and it didn't have a bump head. A real pain in the ass.

Sounds like they work great for smaller yards tho, I just have to much to maintain.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Thought about an electric, but I had a rather poor experience with an electric Ryobi trimmer. The battery was complete shit after two seasons and this was with limited use. It was also a wedding gift so maybe it was just a cheap base model. My other issue was the only string that fit was .65 which doesn't last long and it didn't have a bump head. A real pain in the ass.

Sounds like they work great for smaller yards tho, I just have to much to maintain.

I tried a black and decker one. It was a joke. The whip around wouldn't take out tough crab grass. I can say I liked the automatic spool though. Nothing worse than having to stop and manually feed line through those fucked up spools.
This also years ago. They were part of the "Fire storm" sub line so I literally had 5 batteries charging at all times just to do my acre yard atthe time.
I imagine these types have come a long way since I last tried them.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I tried a black and decker one. It was a joke. The whip around wouldn't take out tough crab grass. I can say I liked the automatic spool though. Nothing worse than having to stop and manually feed line through those fucked up spools.
This also years ago. They were part of the "Fire storm" sub line so I literally had 5 batteries charging at all times just to do my acre yard atthe time.
I imagine these types have come a long way since I last tried them.
You push mow an acre? You are a GD man

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:

Im on two years with the makita 36v and have no issues with battery life. I do have 4 5.0 batteries and use the pairs in rotation. The batteries get used in a driver drill/impact driver/multi from time to time too. Maybe its the battery brand IDK. Im not a makita fanboi, just happened to buy into the platform and kept adding to it.

Also bought the 24" hedge trimmer skin, damn thing is good too.

These cordless electric garden tools are just so damn convenient. Put batteries in, press button. IDK how many times I had to fight with a gas trimmer just to start the fucker.

If anyone is thinking electric weed wacker, get the makita 36v the guy below demos it on various brush. IDK anything about the 18v one

Last edited:

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have an electric push mower...forget the brand. We live in a condo but fenced in part of our yard. As a result we have to mow the interior of the fence. It is a small yard for small dogs..... It takes me ~12 minutes from the moment I get the mower out of garage to the moment I put the mower back. And that includes trimming.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Check this bitch out.
Note the mods-

This is a pimp ass ride!

View attachment 12397
The tree on its side in the background worries me.