Nagy Ranked 19th Best HC in the NFL (CBS)

greg23

Liked Posts:
His teams play hard, they don’t fall apart, they have been reasonably productive.

As a head coach I think 19 is too low.

His play calling is the issue for me. He does not appear to be an elite offensive mind, but I need to see him with a non-pile of shit QB before I make a final call.

Who hired and keeps giving the play caller the reigns?

Guy should be involved in creating and designing the offense and game plans.....but he sure looks like ass in game calling plays....zero rhyme, rhythm and doesn't seem to be building to anything....and occasionally completely ignores half the play sheet; aka; the running game.

Oh.....haven't even mentioned the idiotic strategic decisions, poor play out of the halftime break and continous mismanagement of personnel.

But sure.....let's see more ....because if he gets a great qb; then he must be a great coach.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
We will see a Nagy this year and how he does when he is not knee capped by the QB spot.
Or we will blame the line. Or we will blame the inability to run. Or we will blame the need for a more playmakers. Or we will blame the need for a real U TE. Or we will blame a decline in the defense.

mitch sucked. Nagy sucked. Hopefully he’s better this year but we said the SAME shit before foles signed ‘Nagy just needs a QB’

maybe he just needs a HOF o line, top tier speedy WR1, HOF TE, and the future goat QB to be good.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
So because the bears sucked for a long time it’s impressive Nagy went 8-8 and made the playoffs as an additional team? Got it. Glad the bar is high.
The Bears were a shitty non playoff team until Nagy came. That is the narrative. Thats what happened right? SO that is gospel.....

Its Impressive thats he is BAD as a tactician and still led a NFL franchise to the Playoffs in 2 of 3 years. Do you even know NFL football?

Gotta make the playoffs to compete for a superbowl. You generally want to be in the playoffs if you want to compete for the SB right. The Best franchises are playoff regulars. The first bar is to make the playoffs and go from there. The Bears with Nagy have gone to the playoffs 66% of the time.

I guess your bar, is an actual bar. too drunk to see huh.

As a long term Bears fan myself, I know how some of you became emotionally abused and accustomed to losing. So when Nagy comes in and changes the culture and they start making the playoffs again, its still hard to believe. Youre too scared of being hurt again huh..... let it go

Also its just the Bears fandom way of life. They never give HCs any credit for anything good right. Ditka sucked cause of only one ring OR, IT WAS BUDDY. What about the bum slaying Lovie.... oh he benefitted from Rivera.

IRL, HC gets credit for Wins and loses. Nagy has won enough in 2 of 3 years to make the playoffs and he gets credit for that. Regardless of whatever narrative you want to tie to those playoff appearances, HE LED THE BEARS THERE AS THE HC

Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
His teams play hard, they don’t fall apart, they have been reasonably productive.

As a head coach I think 19 is too low.

His play calling is the issue for me. He does not appear to be an elite offensive mind, but I need to see him with a non-pile of shit QB before I make a final call.
Again, the stupid @westcoast bear fanatic argument. Lazor took those exact same players and took them from averaging 18. 5 PPG to 29.7 PPG in the snap of his fingers. That's an instant, same "pile of shit QB led offense," increase of 60% in points!!
Trubisky's passer rating under Lazor as playcaller last season? 101.2
Under Nagy? 86.4.
Those numbers for a season would be like going from 11th ranked to 27th ranked.

If Nagy's ineptitude as a playcaller isn't indictment enough, than maybe his team killing ego that inexplicably convinced him to yank the playcalling back from the guy that led the most successful offensive stretch in Nagy's tenure, so that he could lead the team to season ending loss offensive outputs of 16 and 9 points, is.

I mean what says great leader more than a boss coming in when the staff is in a grove and forcing his bad ides onto a project so he can take credit, only to crater the momentum. Everyone loves that guy.

Worst thing that could happen is Justin Fields is so naturally gifted that he drags Nagy into a Lovie Smith scenario, where the Bears are just good enough that McCaskey can't see he is at his core, a loser.

#whiteLovie #baldMcCarthy

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The Bears were a shitty non playoff team until Nagy came. That is the narrative. Thats what happened right? SO that is gospel.....

Its Impressive thats he is BAD as a tactician and still led a NFL franchise to the Playoffs in 2 of 3 years. Do you even know NFL football?

As a long term Bears fan myself, I know how some of you became emotionally abused and accustomed to losing. So when Nagy comes in and changes the culture and they start making the playoffs again, its still hard to believe. Youre too scared of being hurt again huh..... let it go

IRL, HC gets credit for Wins and loses. Nagy has won enough in 2 of 3 years to make the playoffs and he gets credit for that. Regardless of whatever narrative you want to tie to those playoff appearances, HE LED THE BEARS THERE AS THE HC
Just keep repeating it, playoffs 2 of 3 years, 2 of 3 years, 2 of 3 years, 2 of 3 years.
The loser mantra.

You are the one that "became emotionally abused and accustomed to losing,"so much so that making the playoffs as a sacrificial lamb has become good enough for you, that an offensive HC that averages the 25th worst offense is good enough for you.

You must be a McCaskey. Are are you Ted Philips' alt?

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Just keep repeating it, playoffs 2 of 3 years, 2 of 3 years, 2 of 3 years, 2 of 3 years.
The loser mantra.

You are the one that "became emotionally abused and accustomed to losing,"so much so that making the playoffs as a sacrificial lamb has become good enough for you, that an offensive HC that averages the 25th worst offense is good enough for you.

You must be a McCaskey. Are are you Ted Philips' alt?

So did you not want them to make the playoffs? Did you want the playoff less streak to continue? I mean the Bears were putting a inept Lions run together.

So was Nagy suppose to win 3 of 3 SBs to be considered #17 in my ranking? Mitch, Daniel, Foles. Yeah, okay. Some people said Mitch was trash from day one, If I would have been on CCS, I would have been one of them.

Who said anything is good enough for me. Im stating something he has done. 2 of 3. I could shit on his bubble screens his 3rd and inch jet sweeps etc etc etc... However, as a rational person, Im just acknowledging the simple fact that the Bears HC has led the team to the playoffs in 2 of 3. 100

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Again, the stupid @westcoast bear fanatic argument. Lazor took those exact same players and took them from averaging 18. 5 PPG to 29.7 PPG in the snap of his fingers. That's an instant, same "pile of shit QB led offense," increase of 60% in points!!
Trubisky's passer rating under Lazor as playcaller last season? 101.2
Under Nagy? 86.4.
Those numbers for a season would be like going from 11th ranked to 27th ranked.

If Nagy's ineptitude as a playcaller isn't indictment enough, than maybe his team killing ego that inexplicably convinced him to yank the playcalling back from the guy that led the most successful offensive stretch in Nagy's tenure, so that he could lead the team to season ending loss offensive outputs of 16 and 9 points, is.

I mean what says great leader more than a boss coming in when the staff is in a grove and forcing his bad ides onto a project so he can take credit, only to crater the momentum. Everyone loves that guy.

Worst thing that could happen is Justin Fields is so naturally gifted that he drags Nagy into a Lovie Smith scenario, where the Bears are just good enough that McCaskey can't see he is at his core, a loser.

#whiteLovie #baldMcCarthy
As decent a leader I believe Nagy actually is as a HC, him taking back play calling because he "loves it" is one of the most selfish things he could've possibly done.

Hope it all works out, but I think we have enough evidence of his lack of gameday awareness to be cautiously pessimistic.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Who did the play calling before the bye? Who did the play calling after?

Quit sucking on Nagy's junk!

The defense was great because of the defensive coordinator BEFORE Pagano. It was worse because of the bad coaching of Pagano. It was still good enough to keep them in the game.

The offense had 3 years to improve under Nagy. It was surprising in 2018 because it was new, similar to the child molester's offense his first year. Nagy has been unable to improve that offense. It has gotten worse each year with the same QB under center. Yes, Trubisky was not a very good QB, but why did the offense get worse with the same bad QB and then Nagy's specifically chosen QB, Foles?

So Nagy has shown that he had a different offense that got exposed once it was no longer new, he showed that he cannot change the offense, he showed that he is not a good play caller, he showed that the offense doesn't work with his hand-picked Foles, he showed that he cannot develop a QB, seeing that Trubisky only got worse every year under Nagy, he showed that he is narcissist, thinking that he is a good play caller, finding out that Lazor is better than him and then just taking back the play calling for no other reason than he is the head coach.

What there tells you that he is good? Or more clearly, tell me what he has DONE to suggest that he is good?

Nagy has been given one more chance to show that he is a good head coach.

If he does more of what he has done for the past 2 years, he won't be the head coach next year.
most of this post is not even factual.

the offense got worse each year Nagy has been here because 1 mitch did and 2 the OL did.

you claim Nagy did not change his offense and that’s not true either. go watch the play calling when Foles and Mitch was in, it was not the same.

he did not show he can’t develop a QB, he showed he couldn’t develop Mitch, which none of the NFL was even willing to gamble on doing for a starting job.

again, he has done nothing to make me think he’s good, i think he deserves a fair shake with the fan base because people like you let their own person frustration with the Bears which predates Nagy cloud their judgment of him.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:

IM at stage 37 going on 38. 37 Years in as a Bears fan. Its the "I dont really care that much phase". One where i dont overreact much, one way or the other.

It is a calm place like #4, so you may be confused a tad. Its calm enough to see that Nagys official record states: 2 playoff appearances in 3 years. For whatever reason its triggering some people by mentioning it over and over again. I think they are at #2 of the cycle.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So did you not want them to make the playoffs? Did you want the playoff less streak to continue? I mean the Bears were putting a inept Lions run together.

So was Nagy suppose to win 3 of 3 SBs to be considered #17 in my ranking? Mitch, Daniel, Foles. Yeah, okay. Some people said Mitch was trash from day one, If I would have been on CCS, I would have been one of them.

Who said anything is good enough for me. Im stating something he has done. 2 of 3. I could shit on his bubble screens his 3rd and inch jet sweeps etc etc etc... However, as a rational person, Im just acknowledging the simple fact that the Bears HC has led the team to the playoffs in 2 of 3. 100
In 2018, of course I wanted them to make the playoffs, that defense was capable of carrying a below average offense to a playoff win or 2, alas,Cody Parkey. Last season, after Nagy took the playcalling back, I couldn't have cared less. He went on to do his best "BeYou," to the tune of 16 and 9 point games.

Making the playoffs has become the 1000 yrd rushing season of team achievements,1000 yards was something when there were 14 games, just like making the playoffs was pretty big deal when there were 8, 10, or even 12 teams. But sneaking in as the 14th team, as the Bears did, means your season was meh, congratulations now come get your ass kicked.

LOL, at So was Nagy suppose to win 3 of 3 SBs to be considered #17. How about win 1 playoff game, how about put up a top 20 offense just 1 season, how about call one single game without a mindnumbing number of bubble screens, or jet sweeps, or time management blunders. Or better yet, after finding a guy on your staff that can do it so much better than you, don't take it from him to stroke your own ego at the expense of the team.

Last edited:

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
IM at stage 37 going on 38. 37 Years in as a Bears fan. Its the "I dont really care that much phase". One where i dont overreact much, one way or the other.

It is a calm place like #4, so you may be confused a tad. Its calm enough to see that Nagys official record states: 2 playoff appearances in 3 years. For whatever reason its triggering some people by mentioning it over and over again. I think they are at #2 of the cycle.
Yea some people hang their hats on showing up and not doing anything. I always thought Marvin Lewis was a good coach, but he never really did anything in the playoffs. In fact, he was 0 and fucking 7. So he got there 7 times.. after the first few times ya know, yeah hey we made it worked. Ironically enough he was coach of the year too in 2009 (talk about people jumping to conclusions). I'll leave you alone in your calm, we're here if you need us buddy.

EDIT: 2018 was Nagy's year no doubt, I don't think anyone here will dispute that. 2020 Bears? come on anyone with eyes and sensible football knowledge knows how all of that went down and the team was quickly sent home.. it wasn't even a contest. We all knew it, the entire NFL new it, it was a cringe-worthy spot in an expanded playoff year that the Bears "fell" into. They didn't fight for that spot, they had to pin hopes on the (Cardinals?) losing or some other bullshit beyond their control to even get in.

Nagy is an arrogant prick. Rashaad Coward? C. Patterson? Nick Foles, Mike Davis, Cole Kmet, all of these personnel decisions use/lack of use, 6 game losing streak where it appeared the defense quit, time management, and as much of an offensive genius he THINKS he is, he's apparently allergic to 2nd half scoring.. specifically 3rd QTR.. adjusting to defenses..

Last edited:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Or we will blame the line. Or we will blame the inability to run. Or we will blame the need for a more playmakers. Or we will blame the need for a real U TE. Or we will blame a decline in the defense.

mitch sucked. Nagy sucked. Hopefully he’s better this year but we said the SAME shit before foles signed ‘Nagy just needs a QB’

maybe he just needs a HOF o line, top tier speedy WR1, HOF TE, and the future goat QB to be good.
Or the offense will be better.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Nagy held this team back. The defense did most of the heavy lifting. Nagy had little to do with the defense.

When the offense took off last year, it was Lazor calling the shots and Trubisky lighting it up. If anything, Lazor got the most out of Trubisky.

As Nagy creeped back into the offense, it went back to pre-Lazor levels.

For the team to succeed it needs a QB that can overcome Nagy. Yes, Nagy can be a good offensive coach as long as he has a really good QB. I think you could say that about most NFL coaches, however.

As far as I am concerned, I don't see much difference between Nagy and an average NFL offensive coordinator. Nagy's success is completely dependent on how well Fields plays. I don't think Fields needs Nagy, but Nagy sure as hell needs Fields.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
most of this post is not even factual.

the offense got worse each year Nagy has been here because 1 mitch did and 2 the OL did.
Who was the head coach super-offensive-mind who was supposed to teach Mitch?

So it is on Nagy for Trubisky digressing. Trubisky is the lemon. Instead of creating lemonade, Nagy took Trubisky and created a lemon eye-wash from that lemon.
you claim Nagy did not change his offense and that’s not true either. go watch the play calling when Foles and Mitch was in, it was not the same.
Again, who took Trubisky and made him even worse than he was.

Also, how is it that both Foles and Trubisky sucked under Nagy's playcalling and got better when he didn't call the plays.

And one more, who makes the starting decisions? Funny how the backup offensive linemen did better than the starters. Again, Nagy failed in giving players a chance when the starters were awful.

Just here, Nagy showed that he cannot call plays, cannot teach a QB and cannot scout offensive linemen or is too stubborn to give players a chance, even when the starters are awful.
he did not show he can’t develop a QB, he showed he couldn’t develop Mitch, which none of the NFL was even willing to gamble on doing for a starting job.
No, he showed that he can ruin the psyche of weak-minded people. Trubisky started bad and Nagy made him worse.

As for no other team willing to give Trubisky a starting chance, it is more common for an unsuccessful 1st round QB not getting a starting chance than getting one right after failing for a team.

again, he has done nothing to make me think he’s good, i think he deserves a fair shake with the fan base because people like you let their own person frustration with the Bears which predates Nagy cloud their judgment of him.
Now go look at what I have been writing about Nagy.

I have been saying that 2021 is his final chance of showing something. He has good starting WRs, he has a potentially elite rookie QB and his best backup (QB1) QB ever and also a promising offensive line and two good TEs, along with several good rbs.

This means that he is going to get a fair shake in 2021. If he finally shows that he can produce at least a top 15 offense (should be easy with what he was given this year), he can have a chance of developing with Fields.

If cannot, he needs to be shown the door.

We are both saying that he needs to (and will) be given a chance to show if he is a good head coach, you are just defending him for unknown reasons.

We cannot keep giving Nagy another Steve Howe type of chance (ok, not drug related, but 7+ chances). If he cannot be above average in what he is supposed to be the genius, he needs to go.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I think Nagy held this team back. The defense did most of the heavy lifting. Nagy had little to do with the defense.

When the offense took off last year, it was Lazor calling the shots and Trubisky lighting it up. If anything, Lazor got the most out of Trubisky.

For the team to succeed it needs a QB that can overcome Nagy. Yes, Nagy can be a good offensive coach as long as he has a really good QB. I think you could say that about most NFL coaches, however.

As far as I am concerned, I don't see much difference between Nagy and an average NFL offensive coordinator. Nagy's success is completely dependent on how well Fields plays. I don't think Fields needs Nagy, but Nagy sure as hell needs Fields.
you’re last part is the most no shit statement of all time.

QB is the most important position in professional sports. there’s a reason people say you need a franchise QB to win in the NFL, because you do.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Or the offense will be better.
I mean they have been 29th and 26th the last 2 seasons, I would hope they will be better. But say Fields comes in looks great and leads them to 15th, do you give Nagy an atta boy? He has had three years to prove he is an asset to the offense and he has developed 0 players from their 1st year with the Bears production or their preBears production, maybe Montgomery marginally.

If he was strictly a hands off rah rah guy on gameday, he may be serviceable, but he has been proven, as recently as is possible, he thinks way too much of himself to allow those superior to him take some of his spotlight.

greg23

Liked Posts:

He's also led the Bears to a .500 or below record in 2 of 3 years...2 of 3....repeat 2 of 3 years......which means he"s had a winning record .33% of the time.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

you’re last part is the most no shit statement of all time.

QB is the most important position in professional sports. there’s a reason people say you need a franchise QB to win in the NFL, because you do.
@modo , he will continue to ignore the fact that Lazor put up 30PPG to his 18PPG as playcaller, or that Trubisky's passer rating was 11th with Lazor vs 27th with Nagy, or that 5 of 6 games called by Lazor produced 350 Yrds of offense while only 3 of Nagys 11 made it above 280 Yards, or that in 6 games Lazor's offense rushed for 120Yrd 5 of the 8 such games all season.

While @westcoast bear fanatic, states his opinifacts, the actual facts are too inconvenient for him to address.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
@modo , he will continue to ignore the fact that Lazor put up 30PPG to his 18PPG as playcaller, or that Trubisky's passer rating was 11th with Lazor vs 27th with Nagy, or that 5 of 6 games called by Lazor produced 350 Yrds of offense while only 3 of Nagys 11 made it above 280 Yards, or that in 6 games Lazor's offense rushed for 120Yrd 5 of the 8 such games all season.

While @westcoast bear fanatic, states his opinifacts, the actual facts are too inconvenient for him to address.

In the long run, time will tell what Trubisky is capable of. I think he will eventually start again in the league and become pretty good.

Both Nagy and Trubisky will benefit from Trubisky leaving. Nagy was not capable of making Trubisky better. Lazor found a way.

Hoping Fields is a Mahomes, Watson type player that can overcome Nagy's lack of successful in-game tactics.