Long Road to Arlington Heights for the Bears

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Lightfoot and the city officials are stupid if they let the Bears leave the downtown area. A smart business minded Mayor would give up the entire f'ing museum campus area over there to accomadate a state-of-the-art facility and all its glory. Who the hell goes to the museum these days anyway. How much revenue does that bring in? Move that shit to the west loop or something. City could capitalize on Super Bowls, Final Fours, hotels. But the city is still living in the past. The future of tourism is accesibilty to millenials. Video boards, displays, events, etc. Times Square type look. Not old architecutre and museum sightseeing. These kids dont care about that stuff anymore.

Excuse the typos, driving...
destroying the historic field museum has to be the dumbest fucking thing I have heard yet.. Up until the point I read the rest of your post where your replying to the fucking Bears message board while driving..

YoungPA

Liked Posts:
destroying the historic field museum has to be the dumbest fucking thing I have heard yet.. Up until the point I read the rest of your post where your replying to the fucking Bears message board while driving..
You should go help the Field Museum haul in another dinosaur exhibit, while the multi-billion dollar sports franchise leaves the city. I'll continue using talk-to-text while driving to Arlington Heights.

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
This is a golden opportunity, one that likely won't ever come around again for the Bears. The location the Bears play along is iconic, right on the lake, the skyline in the background. I love it. But the stadium lacks in every way and the renovation less than 20 years ago was a flop.

If you're the McCaskey family this is your chance to bring one of the most conservative franchises into the modern era by building a state of the art facility along the lines of what LA, Las Vegas and Dallas have done recently. It could be the most cutting edge stadium in the NFL, merging football, gambling, hotels, common gathering spots, pubs, restaurants. And as others have stated if this got done the value of the franchise would skyrocket.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lightfoot and the city officials are stupid if they let the Bears leave the downtown area. A smart business minded Mayor would give up the entire f'ing museum campus area over there to accomadate a state-of-the-art facility and all its glory. Who the hell goes to the museum these days anyway. How much revenue does that bring in? Move that shit to the west loop or something. City could capitalize on Super Bowls, Final Fours, hotels. But the city is still living in the past. The future of tourism is accesibilty to millenials. Video boards, displays, events, etc. Times Square type look. Not old architecutre and museum sightseeing. These kids dont care about that stuff anymore.

Wow. Incredibly wrong think.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Maybe you should asking to excuse the dumb fucking idea. The Museum campus had over 4 million in attendance at the last survey in 2016. Because you are an uneducated uncultured idoit doesn't mean the entirety of your generation is as well.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
How about tear down the Wrigley building, I mean whost chews gum anymore, or maybe Water Tower place it's not like people go out and shop, amiright? Wait, duh, it's so obvious Grant Park is huge, who the hell walks and looks at fountains these days, nothing to tear down, just pave over those non revenue softball fields, throw up some huge video boards so Millennials can watch other people play video games in the Professional Gamers League. Problem solved.

Excuse the typos, performing a minor corneal surgerical procedure...

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Let's turn one of the most beautiful downtown areas in the country into a gaudy tourist trap, because Arlington Heights is too far away. Brilliant.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's probably more concerned with the smelt runs.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He's probably more concerned with the smelt runs.
They could use some of the reclaimed limestone from the museums in a row of craft breweries. Limestone contrasted by some exposed duct work, throw in a brick wall or two, and a few shiny copper beer vats. You probably haven't seen anything like that before, but you should be able to envision it.

What says Millennial more than tearing down old stuff to build new old looking stuff.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
They could use some of the reclaimed limestone from the museums in a row of craft breweries. Limestone contrasted by some exposed duct work, throw in a brick wall or two, and a few shiny copper beer vats. You probably haven't seen anything like that before, but you should be able to envision it.

What says Millennial more than tearing down old stuff to build new old looking stuff.
fio3hqlmuofy.jpg

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Looks like the Field Museum generates a revenue of over 123 million a year

msadows

Liked Posts:
Only way the bears would get a good stadium in the city is if they build something like navy pier on the coast for it.

That won't happen considering I cant even imagine how long construction on that would take.

YoungPA

Liked Posts:
Looks like the Field Museum generates a revenue of over 123 million a year
You dont grow a city on feelings & nostalgia. The facts are the facts. The Field Museum tax filings are public record. In 2019 they reported $90M gross revenue and $80M in expenses. Thats a $10M net.

All the Field Museum has of value are the artifacts themselves. Which is why they've been selling off artifacts to private buyers and other museums to pay for employee salaries. They've be offering forced early retirement payments to some of their curators because they cant afford to keep them on payroll. The Museum is in debt. Operating in the red year after year by being bailed out by government grants & bonds.

Which is why I said it'd be smart to move the artifacts to another location in the city and have the museum there. Because as it currently sits the Field Museum is literally not worth the land it sits on.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You dont grow a city on feelings & nostalgia. The facts are the facts. The Field Museum tax filings are public record. In 2019 they reported $90M gross revenue and $80M in expenses. Thats a $10M net.
Huh, only $90 in revenues, wow!

I may be a little rusty with my math but $90M seems like more than the $5M that the Bears pay yearly for use of Soldier Field. Goodness if you factor in the cost of maintaining the field, facilities, and game day wear and tear, the city is likely losing $millions on the Bears. Maybe Mayor Sid should kindly ask them to leave.